NEurope
canand

Royal Mail ON STRIKE

i hope ur strikes fail ;);), sorry, but you have cost me business, and ebay feedback thanks to your consistant strikes late arrivals and lost parcels !!!

i think you should take your jobs as they were, just think in the future robots will be delivering and sorting out mail lol ;) and hardly anyone will be needed lol

i hope ur strikes fail ;);), sorry, but you have cost me business, and ebay feedback thanks to your consistant strikes late arrivals and lost parcels !!!

i think you should take your jobs as they were, just think in the future robots will be delivering and sorting out mail lol ;) and hardly anyone will be needed lol

You've got bad ebay feedback from late items? People aren't allowed to do that, as soo as the item is sent off its out of your hands, it even says so on every ebay auction page.

OK...You obviously have no idea what they are on strike about, do you?

They want a pay rise so that they get the same amount they get now in the future, with inflation taken into account.

They want their jobs to be as they are...

I don't care about these strikes, hasn't affected me at all. For what they do in all weathers, the Postie's deserve a bit more pay. The staff who work indoors in the sorting offices don't really need more pay as they don't have to work in all weathers.

Cry me a river.

Tosser.

I don't care about these strikes, hasn't affected me at all. For what they do in all weathers, the Postie's deserve a bit more pay. The staff who work indoors in the sorting offices don't really need more pay as they don't have to work in all weathers.

The same people who deliver do the sorting.

Cry me a river.

Tosser.

The same people who deliver do the sorting.

No. My Uncle works purely in sorting.

As far as I know, it is seperate. Maybe some do both?

No. My Uncle works purely in sorting.

As far as I know, it is seperate. Maybe some do both?

When I did it everybody did both apart from the part timers. Every few weeks I'd get put on the night shift sorting.

When I did it everybody did both apart from the part timers. Every few weeks I'd get put on the night shift sorting.

Ah, that might be it. My uncle might be part time.

Have not had a sighting of any postie for the last couple of days.

The announcement of renewed strike action and the continual poor service round here (even when the strikes aren't on) means that there is no way I can support their cause.

I have mixed feelings about the strike. To me, it's a very selfish thing to say 'I am not happy about my job so I am going to inconvenience others to make my voice heard'. But then, if they do feel underpaid (and I admit they probably are), there's little else they can do.

We did both as well. I was also on the delivery side of things. I have no idea how the collecting side of things goes.

We did both as well. I was also on the delivery side of things. I have no idea how the collecting side of things goes.

If there's a post box on your delivery route you empty it, van drivers do the lunch and tea time pick ups.

If there's a post box on your delivery route you empty it, van drivers do the lunch and tea time pick ups.

Weird. In that case, I either didn't have a postbox on my walk, or er, something else.

We had special boxes halfway round some walks where you could pick up your second lot of post to deliver. The van drivers dropped the mail there and it was basically just a box on a pole that only you could open with a key.

Any interesting stories to tell? I wasn't there that long, so not much really happened to me.

if you have somthing to say to me! dont hide it in posts, no need for childish insults,

SLACKERS thats all they are,

Any interesting stories to tell? I wasn't there that long, so not much really happened to me.

No, the life of a postman is pretty dull really.

if you have somthing to say to me! dont hide it in posts, no need for childish insults,

SLACKERS thats all they are,

Do you fancy getting up around 3am every morning and then spending about five hours on your feet carrying a heavy bag in all weathers for shit money?

No, didn't think so.

No, the life of a postman is pretty dull really.

I was promised the opportunity of seeing barely-clad females answering the door to sign for deliveries.

What I actually got was barking dogs craving human flesh.

Good on them, you need trade unions and workers to fuck shit up every now and again to keep in check the clueless oafs in middle management who have no idea what goes on in the actual day to day running of the business by the people who have to do the work. As some people in this thread will find when they leave school and (maybe) get a job.

I spoke to the Postie at work today, and he says that Royal Mail bosses (i.e Klueless Kunts who run the company) want to lay off a load of workers and get the service to be more efficient (which apparently it already is..) so they can sell the company off and make a shit load via bonuses.

So basicaly, fat cats trying to fuck up another public service - great. The Trade Unions have my total support in that case, my mail can wait.