NEurope
theguyfromspark

Metroid Retrospective

Similar in style to the Zelda retrospective and the current Final Fantasy Retrospective being covered by the illustrious H-O-T, this Metroid retrospective over at GameTrailers will cover each of the Metroid games up to the present day.

Part 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22771.html

Part 2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23047.html

Part 3:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23387.html

Part 4:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23700.html

Part 5:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24118.html

Nice. These retrospective series are cool. There are Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy.

But Metroid II, the weakest game in the series? :nono: Yeah, right...

I must admit, I'm not super-keen to play Metroid II. Which would you say is the weakest?

It doesn't work on my PC- will I have to download it?

Anyway, their Zelda retrospective was very good.

I must admit, I'm not super-keen to play Metroid II. Which would you say is the weakest?

I would say Metroid Prime 2 is the least good, close with Metroid Fusion. Personal opinions, of course. They're still good.

If you're willing to play a great world without a map, but with clear objectives and progress, Metroid II is the one. No hint system, no map gives you a great sense of loneliness and claustrophobia, but with the clear objectives and sense of progression, it manages to stay interesting. You just have to be careful not to get lost.

Well, I watched this Metrospective and it almost made me want to download that Nes one onto my VC. I don't think I will though, if its unlockable somehow from Prime/ Fusion then I could always return to those games some day.

A good feature though and I'll be watching the rest!

Nice, it has Metroid Metal in the beginning. I loved the Zelda retrospectives, and this looks like it's just as good. I'm curious about what they'll have to say about Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

Anyway, their Zelda retrospective was very good.

Well...apart from the many mistakes.

Has anyone YouTubed this? GameTrailers streaming is mega slow.

i played the nes metroid on prime. found it utterly horrendus, but playing zero mission on gba was great. looking back at the nes zelda, i might not have been a gamer had i been born a few years earlier.

i played the nes metroid on prime. found it utterly horrendus, but playing zero mission on gba was great. looking back at the nes zelda, i might not have been a gamer had i been born a few years earlier.

Er It's not bad at all.

Nes metroid had almost everthing zero mission had 20 years before zero mission. The very first metroid but sure it was tough.

A map would have been handy but it still is genius.

The retrospectives are good, i quite liked the Zelda one they did. I'm not a huge fan of the Metroid series, but the GC versions are good. Will be keeping my eye out for the next part of the retrospective.

i found the controles kinda sucked, movement was pretty ridgid, i dunno, i mean i ot about half way through before i started to get fed up. i found it much easier to get lost on the nes, no map and very samely environments, had a choice of developing super human memory or blind luck.

that, and i had metroid prime to play, over and over.

metroid fusion is one of my fave metroid games im looking forward to the next retrospective havent played super metroid, much to my shame. i remember looking at the box every week in dixons.

The retrospectives are good, i quite liked the Zelda one they did. I'm not a huge fan of the Metroid series, but the GC versions are good. Will be keeping my eye out for the next part of the retrospective.

Super metroid owns them all. I'm guessing you haven't played it:)

Super Metroid: BEST ACTION-SHOOTING PLATFORM ADVENTURE GAME EVER.

Seriously, it's because of games like this one than I have owned nothing but nintendo consoles so far. I do wonder what will happen with the series when the metroid prime trilogy is done, hope it doesn't take 8 years again.

I have to say, Super Metroid is the only 2D game in the series i've not completed.

*hangs himself*

Part 2 is now up and linked to on the first post. This part is about Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

Thanks for this bud, just watched the 2nd part now.

Super Metroid was/is a great game. I remember when I first finished it I was so happy as it took me ages to beat despite having the guide/maps that came with it. I have never finished any of the other 2D Metroids though.

I'm so glad I somehow got around playing Super Metroid, what a great game that was, I don't even know why it was so compelling it certainly wasn't my kind of game and yet I continued, took me some serious time, but it was so satisfying.

damn, the final battle in Super Metroid always give me chills. Gunpei Yokoi for president (of Nintendo)!

yeah yeah i know, hes dead :(

I'm so glad I somehow got around playing Super Metroid, what a great game that was, I don't even know why it was so compelling it certainly wasn't my kind of game and yet I continued, took me some serious time, but it was so satisfying.

I'll remembering yelling "BUTTSEX MONSTER!" when fighting the Chykka Larva until the day I die.