NEurope
UK

Tomato Ketchup or Brown sauce

Mayonaisse, brown sauce isn't great and ketchup is made by the devil - it's red see :heh:

Mayonaisse and salad cream are both foods I've had the misfortune of trying. It brings back memories of nursery when I was forced to eat them. And they are not happy memories.

Ive never ever heard anyone say 'red sauce' before :s

(go salad cream)

If I had to choose, I'd pick ketchup, but only because the smell of brown sauce makes me sick. Generally I'd choose neither.

Ketchup for me. Never tried Brown sauce.

Between Barbeque sauce and Ketchup though...

Ketchup. Brown sauce goes well with sausages, but I prefer the red stuff. =)

NO. Daddies Brown Sauce is always the way.

Murray, you suprise me. Its gotta be the red stuff.

(I dont actually have anything against brown sauce, but I just seem to have red sauce more often.)

I did, I did. But thinking about it, being a fan of the brown is probably more fitting. Good job you confessed to being a tea man in the other thread or else all my preconceptions would be shattered.

This is really a N-Britain forum...

You're forgetting the rather obvious:

135515.jpg

Yeah, couldn't agree more villain. For a sauce thats supposed to be 'proper British', how comes its owned by a bunch of Americans who make it in Holland? To me, that makes no sense.

It's much more than that. Much much more.

HP was made in Aston, Birmingham, it was a local company with a famous logo, just like Cadbury's in Bournville. And we had seen loads of famous companies close their Midlands-based factories in the past few years, such as the car plant in Longbridge, and when Heinz moved production to the Netherlands nobody was happy, and there has been a boycott of HP Sauce and Heinz products in Birmingham because of that. It's an absolute fucking disgrace! :angry:

Couldn't really choose between them!

I like both sauces as it completely depends what you're eating!

Very true.

ie. Red sauce with smokey bacon, brown sauce with unsmoked.

Both have equal value in my life.

Brown Sauce is good in a bacon sandwich, but since I apply Pepper on both sides during cooking, I find the tang doesn't need any extra. Although it does taste nice with some brown sauce and even cheese as well. It tastes great on it's own. Plus it seems to soften the fat so you don't have a rubbery stream connecting your mouth to the sandwich, I try to cut as much fat as possible if there's a shitload of it next to the meat.

Ketchup is horrible becaseu whatever you put it on then tastes like ketchup.

1. Try a different one

2. Put less on