NEurope
Bluejay

The Simpsons Movie

Since when was shocking something we've known for about a year?

Yes, but actually seeing it on a cinema screen, not just hearing bout' it.

Someone who wakes up two nights in a row laughing about Spider Pig probably finds colon cancer hysterical.

I find this post hysterical. Anyone else think of Spider-Ham when the Spider-Pig joke came on the trailer?

the only film critic i usually listen to is jonathan ross but then i like to make my own judgement on a film by seeing it for myself.

Full page review in the Guardian today which gave it 4/5 and basically said that yeah it was exactly like the TV series in that it was full of searing wit, a razor sharp script and is back to the basic family dynamic. Seeing as the Guardian is usually ridiculously hard to please I say this bodes extremely well.

Full page review in the Guardian today which gave it 4/5 and basically said that yeah it was exactly like the TV series in that it was full of searing wit, a razor sharp script and is back to the basic family dynamic. Seeing as the Guardian is usually ridiculously hard to please I say this bodes extremely well.

YAY YAY YAY. The Guardian ftw.

I'm super excited for tommorow now!

:hehe:

Im off to see this in a couple of hours with the lads from work, we got our tickets all booked and cant wait to see it.

Im tempted to go see it tomorrow now as none of my friends seem willing to settle on a day for the weekend so I cant be bothered waiting for them!

Could have seen this right now. It's only Simpsons...not that bothered to see it.

Just got back from seeing it and it was great. Usually with comedy films once you see the trailers you pretty much see all the jokes but with the Simpsons the trailer was just a tip of the iceberg.

I think the animators did a great job, im sure just about every single character is in the movie. Also, theres a funny as hell reference regarding Springfield Gorge ;)

Just got back from seeing it and it was great. Usually with comedy films once you see the trailers you pretty much see all the jokes but with the Simpsons the trailer was just a tip of the iceberg.

I think the animators did a great job, im sure just about every single character is in the movie. Also, theres a funny as hell reference regarding Springfield Gorge ;)

Is that the bit in one of the trailers where Homer and Bart jump it again for some reason?

nice little touch on the gorge bit....it actually shows the ambluance that crashed into the tree back on the episode where homer kept falling down

nice little touch on the gorge bit....it actually shows the ambluance that crashed into the tree back on the episode where homer kept falling down

I just saw the simpsons movie special on sky with loads of movie clips. Is the bit where barts skateboarding naked, Ralf see's and says

"I like men now"

In the movie? I was laughing for about 10 minutes after hearing that.

Fun things to do in this film;

1. Have a friend sit on the other side of the cinema and yell back and forth "Lisa needs braces"/"Dental Plan"

2. Gasp loudly and shout "Can he say that?!" at random intervals.

3. Arrive late with some friends and konga line in, singing "You don't win friends with salad!"

4. When the lights dim, stand up and go "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

5. At the end of the film, yell "Boo-urns"

The movie has been dubbed in Flemish, a bit unusual, the series has always just been subtitled here. They say it's for the purpose of children being able to understand it. But really, I don't think that children that aren't able to read yet, are able to understand most of the humour. They'll only laugh at the visual gags at most. And most jokes get ruined through the translation anyway. I'll stay away from the dub and watch the subtitled version. I'm used to the American voices and a dub ruins the jokes.

Fun things to do in this film;

1. Have a friend sit on the other side of the cinema and yell back and forth "Lisa needs braces"/"Dental Plan"

2. Gasp loudly and shout "Can he say that?!" at random intervals.

3. Arrive late with some friends and konga line in, singing "You don't win friends with salad!"

5. At the end of the film, yell "Boo-urns"

3. made me lol so much.

I love that episode.

:laughing:

Well, I though the film was awesome!

Spider-pig has a much greater roll than you might imagine...

All of Ice9's comments had me lolling. Specially

YOU DON'T WIN FRIENDS WITH SALAD!

This looks AWESOME.

Any chance of Spider-Pig's alter ego being Peter Porker?