NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Pro mode is kicking my ass! We've got infinite ammo turned on, but we're not using the rocket launcher. While magnums and shotguns are sweet to use, they're a bit slow. I might switch to a shitty inf. machine gun while I save up to unlock a nice better gun.

Pro mode is kicking my ass! We've got infinite ammo turned on, but we're not using the rocket launcher. While magnums and shotguns are sweet to use, they're a bit slow. I might switch to a shitty inf. machine gun while I save up to unlock a nice better gun.

Even though it's huge the gatling gun is prob the best type of machine gun you could use for pro. I had a magum,rifle,rocket launcher and gatling gun when i did it. Hope ur not after good accuracy ratings though... the gatling gun will make sure u get the lowest grade!

The rocket launcher made the bosses laughably easy!

That's why we're not taking the rocket launcher :/

Yeah i can understand that. It was weird coz i was supirsed how easy it made them, i was still expecting some kinda fight not <fires rocket> <cutscene, boss dead> lol.

i found the hydra with infinate ammo was enough for most situations, but using it witht he gateling gun on your back obstructed your view. sad times.

Even though it's huge the gatling gun is prob the best type of machine gun you could use for pro. I had a magum,rifle,rocket launcher and gatling gun when i did it. Hope ur not after good accuracy ratings though... the gatling gun will make sure u get the lowest grade!

The rocket launcher made the bosses laughably easy!

The gatling gun is view blocker and it is hard to hit things with.

The best weapons are Lighting Hawk, H&K PSG-1,Hydra,Longbow,Rocket Launcher, MP5 and VZ61.

It's understandable that the rocket launcher lays waste to bosses because when you don't have infinite ammo it costs quite a lot of money just for one shot as well as taking up precious inventory space.

The best weapons are Lighting Hawk, H&K PSG-1,Hydra,Longbow,Rocket Launcher, MP5 and VZ61.

Yeah it was annoying. I compensated by kinda moving the camera angle (holding the joystick at an angle) and just got used to it!

Yeah the gatling gun is a piece of shit purely for it blocking the view and having a bit of charge up time. Best way is to get the best magnum, shotgun and the rocket launcher, all infinite. No problems posed then.

i found having a good sniper rifle ready was worthwhile, with my hydra fully powered up and infinate ammo, there was no need for one.

managed to beat wesker int he wesker/jill fight with just the hydra. on vet.

The Lightning Hawk is freakin awesome, I went all the way through Veteran with that as my main weapon on infinite ammo. Good times :D

I just can't see myself enjoying it, the inability to shoot and run does not lend itself to multiplayer very well, and the cover systems on Resi are a bit poor (no moving side to side in cover, slow to return to cover)

Can someone answer a quick question please,

I am currently going through the game again a third time trying to collect all the BSAA emblems, although after reading a FAQ/quide I appear to have missed one in 2-1. Im currently in 4-2. Can I go back using the chapter selection or then rejoin at 4-2 or will I have to go through again?

Thanks in advance

You can go back using chapter selection to any chapter, then return, but you'll be back at the beginning of the chapter, not a checkpoint.

You can replay 2-1 and then return to 4-2.

When you replay 2-1 you will have all your weapons from 4-2.

I found versus pretty good. Battles consist of many different weapons and teaming up is fun.

Is that Chris Redfield in your PS3 card above Diageo?

Is that Chris Redfield in your PS3 card above Diageo?

Yes, it is. Real beefcake now.

Tis indeed, I played Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and the difference is immense. He really took steroids...

Forgot all about that trailer. Though i love Resi 5 (still not as much as 4 though ) i wish they had kept it single player with maybe a 2 player mode as an extra.

The halluciations thing in that trailer reminds me of the more recent trailers with real actors with Chris being interviewed and having hallucinations & being haunted by Kijuju. He didn't seem that screwed up at the end of Resi 5 so i'm intrigued to see what they were planning with Resi 5 before they got swayed by Gears of War.

games change alot during development, check out the early videos of resi4 on youtube and youll see its actually more like the old style resi games....also i remember seeing old pics of Zelda 64 and it looked completely different.

dear god the wesker/jill fight was tough on pro. died 32 times over the level, me and my mate were raging, losing our temper with each outher and being generaly angry the whole time.

dear god the wesker/jill fight was tough on pro. died 32 times over the level, me and my mate were raging, losing our temper with each outher and being generaly angry the whole time.

Thats how everyone should play :laughing: