NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Had a 3 hour bash on this when I went over to a friends house. It was pretty awesome, reminiscent of RE4 and co-op terror/tension is brilliant.

We went from the bit just after the El Gigante type guy with the car chain guns all the way through to the bit where the black guy you meet up with escapes with you as the whole place explodes. Can't remember if we did a bit after but hey-ho.

Seeing as people have completed the game in the time that we took to do that chapter and a bit, I'm quite glad it is more fleshed out than I thought it would be. When you finish off 2 chainsaw men in a short space of time it drains you, and when you see a third you start to lose the will lol.

Anyway, I thought the stuff I played was very fun, although I can't help but feel that the settings was slightly more interesting/creepy in RE4, then again it did get better in the latter half with lots of weird experimentational shit and tougher bosses.

This game is incredible. Sheva's AI is surprisingly good too. Haven't played it in co-op yet, but I'd probably annoy people as this is my first time through, and I'm not that good yet. But if anyone still wants to join me in a game, let me know and add my PSN ID.

Me and Domstercool did Veteran in under 5 hours easily last night. Infinite RAWKET LAWUNCHER. *metal slug reference*

Just completed it & got a pathetic first attempt on mercenaries.

Yeah its hard. Need to time the combos methinks. I can get around now at least so hopefully i start unlokcing new areas.

Fun game.

I went round my mate's yesterday with my cousin, and we spent the entire evening on RE5playing in split-screen (which was so fun that we lost track of time, and I ended up getting home at 4 this morning, lol.)

Anyway, we pretty unlocked every character for Mercs, and me and my cousin got an S-rank on the first level, with both of us playing as

S.T.A.R.S Wesker, but then he has awesome weapons!

Oh, and the boss character on the last level is a huge pain in the ass. He took 6 handcannon shots to actually put down! Just a word of warning to anyone who's not yet ventured into it.

Right, not I actually need to unlock all the Mercs characters for myself. ¬¬

If anyone has any tips for the 2-3 boss on Professional, please tell me. Me and Domstercool just can't get past it.

I always go for the archers/Molotov dudes. The QTE's are stupidly fast, you can't heal at all, there's no checkpoints and the damn thing seems to go on FOREVER.

Any ideas? ¬_¬

If anyone has any tips for the 2-3 boss on Professional, please tell me. Me and Domstercool just can't get past it.

I always go for the archers/Molotov dudes. The QTE's are stupidly fast, you can't heal at all, there's no checkpoints and the damn thing seems to go on FOREVER.

Any ideas? ¬_¬

I had to play this level with the AI as somehow (either the difficulty is lowered or the computer has hawkeye ability equipped) it's a lot easier. I'd played it many times online with a friend, only to end in failure. After you shoot and therefore use up the red barrel when he picks up a rock (thus making him drop and break it) you are open to being hit by the second rock he throws later on, which is generally the tricky part.

But yeah; my advice is to play that one on your own as somehow, magically, it seems to be much easier.

Any ideas? ¬_¬

Which is 2-3? The giant dude? I think just one person concentrate on him at all times, shoot him in the foot when he lifts his foot, dont shoot the barrels unless it's to stop him from throwing a boulder. The other person concentrate on the manjini unless there's none around then help the first person out. Try aiming for the same parasite weakspots as the other person because when you take one out it slows him down iirc.

I played through pro by myself the 1st time through and doing 2-3 with the AI is a hell of alot easier than doing it with someone else. The AI knows exactly where the enemies are coming from and starts to shoot when they very first arrive, just watch where Sheva/Chris are shooting at and spray away :)

Gamers have found that Capcom have put something in great detail on one of the figurines.

Jills figurine shows her vagina.

:o

Gamers have found that Capcom have put something in great detail on one of the figurines.

Jills figurine shows her vagina.

:o

There's nothing to read into that, other than idiots making something into what it's not!

Edited by Retro_Link

There's nothing to read into that, other than idiots making something into what it's not!

I know that, it is very odd graphic error at the wrong area in the game.

Edited by Dante

Well, professional mode is insane. We hit chapter 3-3 last night.

Me and Dom ended up doing the egg tick too... Pretty funny.

Hm! I don't remember being able to sit on that chair....

You have to wait for the talking to stop.

Another one was found in ch2-1, where you can knock down one of the outside toilets.

Has anyone knifed an arrow yet? I left it too long to try now all the arrows explode -_- oh well, next run through!

Has anyone knifed an arrow yet? I left it too long to try now all the arrows explode -_- oh well, next run through!

I got it by luck on first play on ch3-1 after I knifed a person in front of me.

Yeah, did so on the part where you meat the dogs for the first time. There was one guy there and me and my mate just sat there waiting for the guy to accurately shoot at us. Took about 5 mins i think.

Has anyone got the jumping headshot one?

Yep, best place to do it is Chapter 3-2 Execution Ground - because afaik it only works on the tribal Manjini that can jump really high - create a 'disturbance' by killing one of them, then wait at the top of the ladder at the start of the chapter, they will come to you, jumping up - where a normal bodied person would usually climb a ladder - and you basically just have a headshot lined up for you, all you need to do then is actually execute one. :wink:

Just three more achievements to go for me now, Stockpile - get all weaps - Take it to the Max - upgrade all weaps fully - and The Works - Chain together the maximum number of combos together in one go - however the hell you're supposed to do that lol Idk but I'll figure it out as I'm determined to get 1000 G on this. :heh:

Has anyone got the jumping headshot one?

I unlocked the Trophy whilst playing Mercenaries as regular Chris Redfield.

The easiest way to get it would be by waiting on the other side of a gap packing an upgraded Ithica M37, the standard shotgun. It has a Critical bonus and has the obvious advantage of being a spread weapon, so it shouldn't take too many attempts to headshot an enemy mid-jump.

Just three more achievements to go for me now, Stockpile - get all weaps - Take it to the Max - upgrade all weaps fully - and The Works - Chain together the maximum number of combos together in one go - however the hell you're supposed to do that lol Idk but I'll figure it out as I'm determined to get 1000 G on this. :heh:

The best thing for The Works is go on 2-1 and play until you fight the blonde woman in the black dress. Now this is so much easier with a human partner rather than an AI. What you do is have Chris face her and Sheva behind her and then shoot her hand with a pistol, this will stun her so you can run and press X to hit her. Sheva will then get X button option to hit her back towards you where you press X again to finish her off. The achievement will be yours.

Just completed this before (by myself). :) Great game, love the resident evil series. I shall be trying another run through soon with a friend!

Awesome, just got The Works achievement, ty for the tip HoT, took me a few tries (I was using too powerful a handgun at first >>') but I got it. :)

Now just the grind of farming treasure to pay for all those weapons / upgrades... -_-

*Edit* I figured out a good way to accumulate cash for upgrades fast, anyone who has the 'Bad Blood' achievement should know about the 'Heart of Africa' and tbh I think this had to be by far the quickest way to get the cash required. :)