NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Loved the trailer, amazing. Really amazing.

I really need to finish all my games before the 6th Feb!

I don't think capcom would have shown the scariest/creepiest enemies in the game just yet, as no one knew about the regenerators till they played the game. I know I didn't! And when they came across, oh lord did I not want to get near them. Ugh, and then the Iron Maiden's (spiky regenerators). I messed up when fighting them so many times.

Hehe they were awesome enemies, but I think I possibly shat myself more at the part where that creature is following you and you have to wait for the lift!

I didn't realise you could kill it, I only saw one of the freezing cannister things so I was doomed really. Managed to avoid him for long enough the 3rd time though lol.

Hehe they were awesome enemies, but I think I possibly shat myself more at the part where that creature is following you and you have to wait for the lift!

I didn't realise you could kill it, I only saw one of the freezing cannister things so I was doomed really. Managed to avoid him for long enough the 3rd time though lol.

yeah, i didnt kill it irst time. made the whole thing more tense if you ask me. i did use the liquid nitrogen to slow it mind. tried to shatter it T" stlyle, froze it then got out the shotgun and was all "hasta la vista, baby" the bullets did nothing :(

yeah, i didnt kill it irst time. made the whole thing more tense if you ask me. i did use the liquid nitrogen to slow it mind. tried to shatter it T" stlyle, froze it then got out the shotgun and was all "hasta la vista, baby" the bullets did nothing :(

Enough rounds and he goes down like a bitch.

Regenerators are horrible in Pro mode - they have plaga all over them.

Anybody used play.com for pre-orders, do they arrive on time, ie:- launch day? day before even would be better

Anybody used play.com for pre-orders, do they arrive on time, ie:- launch day? day before even would be better

play is usualy day of release.

game is day before most of the time.

play is usualy day of release.

game is day before most of the time.

Cheers, may just pick it up day of release or use local independent who usually let you pick it up day before if you pre-order.

I love his attire... Like he just came out of the mansion. In fact, seeing him filled me with nostalgia. (the fact that most of the RE1 zombies appeared and wore slippers like him)

Yup!

here are the new scans with official picture of Ozwell E. Spencer, covers the History of Resident Evil, and various scenes from the game such as the confrontation with Wesker in the Spencer Estate, and the El Gigante.

23729840ul0.th.jpg75714226mo8.th.jpg82909871qz8.th.jpg

52268426zr9.th.jpg87587533eg7.th.jpg57660820fx3.th.jpg56326824nv7.th.jpg

Spainsh scans:

playscan02qf0.th.jpgplayscan03es6.th.jpgplayscan06jv3.th.jpgplayscan04nh8.th.jpgplayscan05xj2.th.jpg

Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition PAL packshots

re5xboxlimitedfront.jpg

re5xboxlimited1.jpg

re5ps3limited.jpg

re5ps3limitedfront.jpg

German magazine Games Aktuell played through the pre-build of Resident Evil 5.:

Half of timeline of events (in order): Assembly Place, Shanty Town, sewers, Uroboros boss fight, Kijuju port, mining area, first meeting with Irving, flying bat/insect boss fight, motorcycle hunt into the savanna, El Gigante area with dead BSAA team members.

The woman in the red dress is screaming in a cut-scene and then is rescued by Chris. The woman however is infected and mutates.

One character cannot use their weapons in the mining area since he/she has to hold a torch.

Just finished playing the first demo area, things I like...

Graphics - they look damn nice and will look damn nicer in the finished game

Audio - everything is spot-on

Gameplay - mostly good, the healing thing is a tad confusing though

things I dislike...

Controls - while fine for the most part, the turning and aiming feels sluggish in comparison to RE4 Wii edition

Thats about it for now...

Second demo part, better than the first, the aiming still feels slightly sluggish in comparison to RE4:Wii but I'll 'adjust' to it and not wanting to drag up an old debate but this could be done on Wii if you scaled everything back but it's not worth it because ideally I would love to play Resi 5 with motion controls but then it wouldn't look next-gen so it's basically a trade off.

Anyway as I said I'll get used to it and everything else seems spot-on, I died at the chainsaw guy, well thats a lie, my partner did so seeing as it was single player I'll load it up later and play it with my bro on co-op, should be a lot more fun but I'm not gonna touch the single player in the demo anymore, still it was fun while it lasted. :smile:

Having played both levels in coop with a friend, this really isn't doing anything for me. The restrictive control scheme is horribly frustrating, especially while the game insists of bombarding you with hordes of enemies. It just isn't survival horror anymore, it just feels like an action game with a bad control scheme.

Downloaded and played through both levels , not on co-op yet though.

Liking what I see and looks fantastic graphically , even on my SD set.

Really struggled with the aiming though. Part of that is largely due to the fact that most of my last couple of years have been spent with the Wii and I now seem to struggle with aiming in most shooters due to my new found ineptitude with dual control sticks.

Some also could be down to the controls feeling sluggish (as stated above) because I seemed to struggle more than usual , although I have obviously spent nowhere near enough with this to see if that is the problem.

If I can get more proficient at the aiming then I should really consider sticking my pre-order in.

Rehorror:

Even as an experienced editor games have planes in the abdomen when a preliminary version of an absolute Most Wanted Titles in hands. One game that has attracted millions of fans expected in the already more than three years and worked more than 15 million euro development budget will devour. A clear case where Resident Evil draufsteht, solite at least one milestone of the games inside his story. The tower is high expectations, not least in the extraordinary quality of its predecessor reasons, one of the best action games of all time, and the world average of 95 percent was evaluated.

Exclusive Story

As the only German magazine, we had just before release on 13 March the opportunity to preview a nearly finished version of Resident Evil 5 extensively to play. And both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 version.

"In all the years I had many losses." Already in the early seconds of the game is Chris Redfield insight into his soul - and remembers his biggest loss: Jill Valentine. A tombstone, with the name of Chris Redfield former partner, is in a short Looking Back to see. Oh my God! Jill Valentine is really dead? How is it all happening? And how is Chris finished? Answers to these important questions we get during the game, but of course we do not want spoilers - and mention Jill now with no further word...

Instead, we dedicate ourselves Chris's new partner: Sheva Alomar. The young woman with the chic tattoo on her left upper arm is compared with the muscleman Chris Redfield almost dainty, but has a violent roundhouse and flip-kick. Officially, the post-war baby African should make sure that Chris, the hostile attitude of the U.S. population does not unfiltered strikes.

Chris and Sheva are members of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), to combat bioterrorism by the international community was founded. The use of the dynamic duo is the African desert village Kijuju in which the weapons dealer Irving should reside.

Bioweapons in Africa

Here we go! The logo of Resident Evil 5 appears, we will decide for us one of three levels of difficulty. The first steps in Kijuju make our two heroes unarmed. With R1 or RB activated their maps right at the top of the screen appears and you are the next destination symbolizes - run impossible.

We land in a slaughterhouse, where a local contact man our equipment over there: Pitsole, knives, protective vest, that's it. Ah yes, good advice, we still get for free: "Be careful out there." Well thank you, too...

In the slaughterhouse, we find more ammunition boxes. As with the predecessor, the game automatically checks your ammo stock and makes sure that you often have the feeling that you like the balls out, but this is not happening. An additional tension moment also.

Traditionally, there are many places on the green again curative herbs and role to reinforce the healing effect, where the two plants combined. The first time in a Resident Evil is your inventory into the live-action appear. Here you could you four weapons or objects to the direction keys of your tax Cross basket. For example, it is possible, by pressing a key between three weapons to change - and with the fourth button toward your energy to regenerate. The way: If your buddy next to you, if you used a curative spray, then his energy up.

Infected!

Back to our experiences with Chris and Sheva: We enter a cottage, and before our eyes plays a disgusting scene. A man lying on the ground is another guy an insect inserted into the mouth. In seconds, the virus is spreading in the body of blood running from the eyes of the infected and attacked us. Now there remains nothing else than for the first time by our guns to do so.

The control was almost unchanged from four years old predecessor over. Contrary to our hopes, unfortunately, lacking in Resident Evil 5 the possibility that during the aiming to move. Alternate end sideways steps are as little as possible steps backwards to get more distance between himself and the opponent to bring. Capcom argues that it is a hallmark of the Resident Evil series was - and Survival Horror just mean that you run away leisure. We wanted to sort the panic reinforce the players. However, if you played Dead Space, which can confirm that panic feeling very well at controlling hevorgerufen be able to join the contest during the aiming and shooting can run.

Another shortcoming of the tax: Where you at Dead Space at any time in the melee punch and kicks are distributed, it must be in Resident Evil 5 waiting for a key icon appears. For example, you shoot an enemy in the leg, then the pain forced him temporarily to its knees. If you are now close to your enemy, a key symbol indicates that it sent by an upward push of a button hook could miss. That shot propelled combinations sound good in theory, it can be but in practice is rarely effective. After all, it could in the melee also use your knife, but the range is unfortunately very short and it takes our taste for too long, until you've changed the weapon and could use the knife.

Like us, however, that your game character quickly to 180 degrees could as soon as it goes backward and the A button (Xbox 360) or the X button (PS3) prints.

Execution

Now the game gets dramatic result: Our colleague, our level of the equipment at the slaughterhouse has passed, before our eyes - and thunderous applause of the angry mobs - beheaded!

We barricade ourselves in a house, slide gate in front windows and doors and can only spend a few seconds to win. Because obviously in Bloodrage located crowd creates a path through our wooden barricades. Even the roof is not an insurmountable obstacle for our enemies. In panic we try with a couple of air balls, and to quickly remember that it is in the house a little too tight for us. But coming out of the same next Schokmoment in the person of the executor, which axe is not enough blood seems to stick.

Race to survival

Bad luck for us: Our bullets can not harm the giant. So we take the legs in the hand and keep us focused dutch combustible barrels shot at the enemy, at least for a few seconds from the neck. In general it is not in this sequence, all opponents dead, but "only" long enough to stay alive until our colleague Kirk helicopter can support. We are running stairs, jumping from roof to roof houses, move on explosive barrels and grab a machine gun, which conveniently lying around in a corner. After a few minutes, the ordeal over. Kirk gives us a tip, a spot protected by a gate to seek and chasing a bazooka rocket into the crowd. Phew, we are pleased to announce the first level harmless to have survived!

A clear case: Without Sheva we were some death died. our partner is a big support. Not just because they like to go fire freely, but because they do not deviate from the side and us from tricky situations freed.

Packt our opponents, then it takes less than three seconds, and she rushes over and missed him a strong kick. If we are injured, it heals us. And the collection of objects, it is also helpful. The way: Whether it's "friendly fire" is possible, so if your balls also can hurt your partner, could it before the game in the Options menu set. Although most were already aware, we do not want to mention that any time a human Shevas players must take control over - either online or via split-screen mode.

Were there any offers Resident Evil 4 or a "flying trader", which at certain points on you waited and his services feilbot, ye have now, after every level the opportunity to manage your inventory and buy new weapons. The offer is being continuously expanded. For example, Chris VZ61 a machine gun at the end, it can now also Sheva MG began, it takes money, but worth it. The

notes are kindly around or are "overwhelmed" leave opponents. Since the space in your inventory is limited, it could outsource weapons and items. Nor can Wummen to improve again, this feature was unfortunately in the preliminary version is not yet fully implemented.

Rescue with obstacles

"Help! Somebody help me!" The next level begins dramatically. A desperate woman will forward a man dragged into a house. As we rush to the rescue, the man disappeared and the woman fall into the arms of Chris. But before our hero is something like compassion can develop, the woman opens her mouth and out comes a repulsive creature, making us shudder. Sheva Chris rushes to the aid of an aunt and pushes away. Now, the movie in real-time over. Of course, we aim immediately to the head - and then know that we have the mutation occurred but very well known. Where is still the head of the woman, now a winds meter high creatures his way and let only by violent, UNZ attack. Welcome back, Las Plagas...

The already made Resident Evil 4-known virus is not the only danger in Kijuju - far from! In a sewer come to our colleagues from the Alpha Team. All are dead, are almost completely covered with a sheet on the ground. Only one is still alive and told us of a fearsome monster. And we get a short time later at the first boss battle even to be seen. The three-meter tall creature consists of two dozen thick oily tentacles. In case of contact stretching some of our character and a large part of our energy goes flutes. Quick, we recognize the vulnerability of the monster's heart and other organs. But instead of our wasting our ammunition, we find another way to kill the monster. We lure him into a furnace, then sprint to a control panel and activate the fire. Thus, the first between opponents is defeated! As a reward, we get a new weapon: a machine gun, more precisely, a Heckler & Kock MP5. It uses the same ammunition as the machine guns already in our inventory, but has a bigger range and a higher power.

The next level leads us to the port of Kijuju. Again we will be attacked by a horde. First, we discover a body in which we are to press a button to take cover can go. Here comes one of many well-known game controller for use: Prints its key goal, Chris leaves to cover and could fire her - let her the button again, Chris is back in coverage.

Next bad news for Chris: Kirk helicopter is brought down from heaven. Our headquarters gives us the instruction to the crash site immediately to rush. When we arrive, we discover Kirk in bad condition: death and burned. To mourn is no time but unfortunately, because a few zombies in motorcycles have been waiting on us. Now follows the first Quicktime event at which we three quickly faded print button need to avoid the same fate to suffer as Kirk. Fortunately, we hasten the Delta team of colleagues to help. Their leader, Captain Josh Stone gives us a clue where we can find the arms dealer Irving. Our path leads us through a dark mine. You must be either Chris or Sheva weapon journeys to a lamp to be able to access. Stupid, because of course some infected wait on us. After a couple of times we tried in vain to provide us with a way freizuschießen, we realize that it is also useful here, with no enemy contact plow on regardless. Shortly after the house is mine administration, the date for the first meeting with Irving arrived. The weapons handler with the manic voice is a real psychopath. Unfortunately, someone with a hooded cloak saves Irving with smoke grenades before the arrest.

And again, we will not get rid of the feeling that we are in an ambush has lured. Indeed, shortly after Irving's disappearance, we hear the clatter a stationary machine gun. Fortunately, we find in the cupboard a sharply protection shotgun - and beneath a window the next opportunity, from the cover out to shoot. First, we are looking for the man who served the MG. We'll find him on the bench a jeep. With the sniper rifle, it is easy for him by Headshot harmful to make fun Weil's power, verballern we complete our ammunition. Then we need to get out of the building and we have an open field for more opponents care. In addition to unarmed zombies there are types of knives, crossbows, with shovels and hand grenades - very dangerous!

Ekelalarm

The next boss enemies appear on: you see the disgusting, schleimspeiende creature on the picture on the left. The flying insect is well armored, so we attach mines to make it to bring to a halt. While the creature is injured on the ground, we cheer on the fleshy belly - this is the weak point. After three tries to pass the wounded giant insect to escape, but plunges into the depths - Strike!

The hunt for Irving leads us in the next level in the savannah: While a colleague from the Delta team manages the Jeep, we make it forward to the cargo area convenient. Sheva uses a stationary minigun. Chris fired the mounted machine gun. On whom? Well, with modern virus-infected zombies can also ride motorcycles. They are happy as a group on fire and throw sentences on innocent BSAA soldiers. We will contact mentioned firepower to defend, preferably aimed at the tanks of automobiles. Thus it is not easy to come fast trucks, on the bench of which are more undead. In addition, we must make sure that our guns do not overheat. Quicktime events are also interspersed: Only if we quickly print the correct button, our jeep at fast cornering no further damage. The ultimate goal is namely that our vehicle will remain healthy.

At the third attempt, we create the passage to the final. But the joy respects only briefly: In the next village pave the corpses of the Delta team, the way. What happened? Resident Evil would not be Resident Evil, if not a short time later the answer was to follow. And that is five meters high, looks like a monkey loose hair and it has on us apart. We sprint back towards the jeep, provide us with the guns and firing from all cylinders. For diversion orifices are outgrowths of the virus, we gradually have to make flat until the giant finally falls down dead.

That's it! More about Resident Evil 5 - including our ranking - expected to read it in XXL. Test the next issue!

I have to say, these controls are old school... And my god they've slowed the aiming down. Sure it heightens the tension, but during the second level I was just running backwards and forwards to get a few pop shots. Then again, some decent co-op might solve that.