NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

New Resident Evil 5 info

- A new trailer will be shown in the very near future.

- For now, Famitsu will show images and some info from one part of that trailer. (intro paragraph written by Takeuchi)

- There's a new female character, shown holding a shotgun and wearing a tank top and boots similar to the ones Jill wore in RE3.

- In addition to areas that make use of sunlight as a gameplay dynamic, there will be darker, shadow-filled areas as well, such as a cavern where Chris utilizes a flashlight. There will be an intense contrast between light and dark.

- Chris is shown using his knife, a sniper rifle above a bridge that's above a river, and of course the handgun.

- A few pieces of artwork are shown, such Chris fighting villagers near a crashed helicopter, that same helicopter flying amidst a smoke-filled sky, and Chris witnessing the helicopter being shot down. There's also some kind of garden in the cavern with a giant hole above it, allowing the sunlight in.

- Chris is shown holding a blond girl noticeably shorter than him in a building.

- A picture of a chainsaw and the right leg of its weilder is shown.

- Chris will be up against very powerful enemies once again, and this shot of some creature behind iron bars is reminiscent of Chris's previous enemies, such as CODE: Veronica's Nosferatu (although it was Claire who faced him) and the REmake's Lisa Trevor. Those two creatures were imprisoned at some point as well.

miss one scan.

bh502kt0.jpg

It looks so good, I might have to buy another console for this. But I don't believe it will be out before 2010 so there's lots of time until then.

And now there's white and latino people to kill too, I guess the game is no longer racist.

Also Chris' hair > Leon's

Anybody's hair > Leon's hair..

bh502kt0.jpg
"Black Hawk Down... we got a Black Hawk Down"

I remember when the game was very first announced along with the original trailer, the team/creator said they wanted to create a game that had that Black Hawk Down feeling of you being at the centre with the enemy closing in around you on all sides.

Looks like they may have gone for that exact same movie scene as one of the scenarios; perhaps you have to protect the pilot as the enemies close in! Would be kind of like a step-up from the house seige in Resi 4!

Does look awesome! love the picture of Chris looking over the bridge and river.

If the girl is a new character, I would have MUCH rather they'd used Claire, but hey, there's a good chance she might turn up as well.

I guess in this new girl, Chris has his very own Ashley [a new female companion], only I expect this girl to be playable for much longer and also wielding those guns, a much better character!

Can't wait!!

"Black Hawk Down... we got a Black Hawk Down"

You're racist. Resident Evil is racist. Capcom is full of racists. :angry: :angry: :angry:

This game looks really awesome :D I probably completed RE4 more times than anything I own, and loved every minute.

*prays for a mercanary mode where you can fire Krausers bow and use his mutant-arm again*

It'd be cool if this was made more like a 3rd person shooter than RE4 was (I know what I mean:heh:).

Famitsu says the following about the female characters :

"The trailer reveals the presence of 2 female characters. The one is to be found on the 2nd floor of a dilapidated house. It's a blond-hair woman wearing a red dress. Seems that she is entrapped in a dangerous situation and Chris went to rescue her. We speculate that she is under Chris's protection (she follows his commands during the game) and they both try to escape (something similar to Leon & Ashley in Bio4). The second female character, who has a brown skin, is brand new character to the series. It seems like she is an ally of Chris. At the present time not only their personalities, but even their names are unknown."

The second female character, who has a brown skin, is brand new character to the series. It seems like she is an ally of Chris. At the present time not only their personalities, but even their names are unknown."

Nice. :blank:

I thought that woman looked black.

Also: That helicopter crash above must be artwork!

Nah it's just the print from the magazine, it looks in game to me.

Really wanna hear a release date for this. They should

n't have hyped everyone about it so early.

Old interview when the game was shown

- So the earliest we'll see the game is 2008?

2008 might be a too unrealistic. 2010 will be a wiser guess.

Giving us this much info and hyping it up and then tell us there are about 2 years until their gonna release it is either some stupid bluff or they just want to say: "Fuck you" in their own special way.

GameTrailers have brought the rights to hosting the brand new Resident Evil 5 Trailer on the 31st.

Do you mean over the shoulder by any chance?

No....I mean actually having proper enemies instead of thousands of crappy ones that just keep attacking you. A "cover" thing like in Gears/Rainbow6/Ghost Recon etc would be good too.

No....I mean actually having proper enemies instead of thousands of crappy ones that just keep attacking you. A "cover" thing like in Gears/Rainbow6/Ghost Recon etc would be good too.
...have you ever played a Resident Evil game? :blank: It's a survival horror, puzzle/shooter, not an action shmup.

...have you ever played a Resident Evel game? :blank: It's a survival horror, puzzle/shooter, not an action shmup.

I guess more people have played RE4 and not the other games in the series.

I hate that people moan about you cant run with your gun. :blank:

But it's done the way it is to feel more like resident evil rather than another run and gunner. Your constricted view point helps heighten your fear factor when you know enemies could be approaching you just out of what you can see. It;s also the reason why Leon controlled the way he did.

I guess more people have played RE4 and not the other games in the series.

I hate that people moan about you cant run with your gun. :blank:

Yeah it takes all the paranoia out of it....

Grabed some translations of the scans from a RE forum [http://www.rehforums.com/forum]:

The preface of the article was written by the game’s producer Takeuchi Jun:

- With finally grasping the power of next-gen, Resident Evil 5 will be the series’ highest quality iteration in terms of story, graphics, gameplay mechanics etc.

- The article describes a scene from the latest trailer, that is soon to be released and introduces a new mystery character

- Takeuchi says, the fear-factor of the game is slowly taking shape

- “Not everything can be made public yet, so please stay tuned.”

Weapons:

- The handgun will be your basic weapon

- You’ll also fight using a survival knife and a sniper rifle

- A striking aspect of the trailer is the variety of equipment, that can be seen on Chris’ back: the knife holstered on his left bladebone and firearms on the right

- Contrary to Resident Evil 4, where you had to walk holding stuff in your hands the whole time, it looks like you can holster your self-assigned weapons / equipment at the press of a button

Mysterious Silhouette:

A key element of the story will be introduced through the trailer...

In one of the screenshots, you can see a silhouette of what appears to be a naked slouching man in a rusty iron cage. This character is actually symbolic for the game.

*Below the screenshot mentioned above*

The mysterious shade moving behind those iron bars holds the key to the story.

He’s basically a remake of Nosferatu, one of the creatures that appeared in Resident Evil: Code Veronica and bears a close resemblance to it. He will be a quite powerful enemy, when facing Chris.

About the enemies:

- The game's stage is the cradle of humanity, Africa

- The nightmarish creatures, that Chris fights in the suffocating heat are neither zombies nor Ganados

- The screenshots immidiately make clear, that human-like enemies will once again make an appearance

- As seen on a DVD from an earlier issue of the magazine, the enemies dissolve into an unidentifiable matter, once they’re killed

- So it’s unclear, whether or not these enemies are actually of human origin

Few thoughts:

Capcom originally said that a character we had not seen for quite some time will be returning, which led everyone to think the blonde girl in the test tube tank was Sherry. Well it could be, but now there's this other blonde girl in the screens.

I can't see how the blonde in the scans could be Sherry, she doesn't look old enough [sherry be around 20 now]. So...

- could be a new blonde, other than Sherry

- could be a decoy Sherry while they experiment on the real one,

- could be a Sherry clone,

- could be they experimenet and stopped Sherry ageing,

- could just be Chris hallucinating in the heat, who knows...

Alternatively Sherry's not the returning character, and the blonde in the scans is the same as the blonde in the tank.

So if Sherry's not the returning character, who is...

The translation talks of a new Nosferatu character... could it be Steve?

Also, the female character in the scans doesn't look like a black girl to me, more like someone who is just tanned...

Therefore there's a chance the returning character could be either Claire or even a grown up Rebecca?

Claire would obviously be a good fit if Sherry is in the game, and she's always goin to fit in because of Chris.

Rebecca on the other hand would be quite a good inclusion as we haven't seen anything of her for years and would be good to know what happened with her character.

Anyways, just some spectulative thoughts! Can't wait to see the new trailer!

Go back a page please Retro_Link.

The female character is a black girl.