NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Originally posted by Dilli Gee:

Hylian King, you need to pick your diction a bit better (e.g. "Blacks").

This racism debate is over the top. But I still think Capcom only chose to set in Africa because darker people are harder to see in the dark/shadows.

I agree that my tone has been a little sharp. But that is due to annoyance over people belonging to an Ethnic group taking the very principle of racism as far as they seem to have done with the hillarious complaints over content in an upcoming videogame. That is sort of where I draw the line.

That is what puts it over the top, as you expressed it. I just meant to defend the right to freedom of content (short of content that could be seen as being too callous, alike Manhunt, and so harmfull to in particular kids). Nobody should dictate to developers what kind of content they put in games in the way some Black people have been doing it lately. Otherwise you jeopardise the freedom of creativity in games.

By the way, my Forum name is: Hylian Knight. Not -King.

This racism debate is over the top. But I still think Capcom only chose to set in Africa because darker people are harder to see in the dark/shadows.

Or even just because it's an interesting place where no resident evil games have ever been set before.

Anyone know where abouts in Africa this is meant to be?

I agree that my tone has been a little sharp. But that is due to annoyance over people belonging to an Ethnic group taking the very principle of racism as far as they seem to have done with the hillarious complaints over content in an upcoming videogame.

I think most of us agree with you in the fact that RE5 isn't racist and that all arguement that the games is should realy be disregarded. However, your tone in the way you write makes you sound far too aggressive and when you combine that with using the word "Blacks" (rather than "black people") does make you sound a little racist.

You don't need to reply to my post cos you don't need to justify yourself. We do agree with you, you just need to learn how to say it a bit more calmly ;)

Hylian, take this discussion to general chat please. It was a rant, and the link to RE5 is tedious at best.

If you want to start a racism thread in Gen Chat im sure nobody would object and you might get a decent debate going.

Anyone know where abouts in Africa this is meant to be?

I would say North Africa, because of the Islamic chanting, but really it could be anywhere.

My prediction is probably Southern Africa - it might not be geographically accurate, but it's the least likely to kick a fuss, and is the only way to realistically have a mix of races in the game.

I would say North Africa, because of the Islamic chanting, but really it could be anywhere.

My prediction is probably Southern Africa - it might not be geographically accurate, but it's the least likely to kick a fuss, and is the only way to realistically have a mix of races in the game.

I reckon its somewhere like Sierra Leone or Rwanda...You know the places where they've had devastating wars with the sickening usage of war children and the like.

I reckon its somewhere like Sierra Leone or Rwanda...You know the places where they've had devastating wars with the sickening usage of war children and the like.

I'd go with this. I'm honestly expecting them to just not tell you though, just say: "Somewhere in Northern Africa..." which of course would narrow it down.

Have there been black zombies in the series yet? Would piss myself if Chris said "He is not a zombie... but hell, I've never SEEN a black zombie before so maybe I'm wrong"

Wasn´t there something saying that the game could be set in Haiti? Or was that shot down?

I was just about to say, Mundi, I thought Capcom confirmed long ago that it was in fact Haiti.

I'd go with this. I'm honestly expecting them to just not tell you though, just say: "Somewhere in Northern Africa..." which of course would narrow it down.

Have there been black zombies in the series yet? Would piss myself if Chris said "He is not a zombie... but hell, I've never SEEN a black zombie before so maybe I'm wrong"

Yes in Re2/Re3/ReOutbreak: File 2 with black zombies and black zombie cop.

There was an article in my newspaper today.

Game in a nutshell: "White man goes to poor African village to mow down as many infected black people as he can." :hmm:

That's a pretty shortsided view, and the editor does go on that it isn't as sharp, but that that's how it's viewed by the general public.

They are sure the people at Capcom don't hace racist motive, but that they ar "clumsy to have a story about a viral outbreak in a country that is plagued by Aids".

The Capcom-representative tries to get out of it by stating 'it aren't humans, but zombies", which is quite funny, as Camcom recently emphasised that "It aren't zombies of ganados, but people of flesh and blood".

To be continued...

I don't get it. I actually don't understand.

Just because of the country it's set in, it's become racist. Don't they get it? This is why racism exists because people make such a massive fuss over nothing. Nothing! I don't see even a hint of racism in the game; it's in Africa, there's infected people, they've become infected, you kill them.

It should make NO difference to anyone that the people happen to be black, it didn't even need pointing out. Why do people feel the need to define something by race or something similar? So what, just because they're black? They're people! Jeez!

--

Looks good.

The whole race thing is starting to bore me with this game.

Then why can't we just stop talking about it and talk about the game. :heh:

Must be the only one that actually wants to talk about RE5 and not a pointless is it racist 'debate'.

Yes, let´s drop the racism issue. Let´s just realize that while some people find it incredibly interesting to accuse other people of racism where there is none, and enrage people with it, we have now tired of that and want to focus on THE GAME because it is going to be awesome (Yay!). Bring it out on Wii, too, CAPCOM! I wanna shoot zombies with the Wii-mote!

Awesome. It's my most wanted game alond side Banjo and Viva Pinata. And Mirror's Edge... And Gears 2.

Wonder who the woman in the second image is.

2009 anyone?

If this makes 2008, i'd be extremely supprised.

Doesn't look much like Claire... But I don't think that Chris in this game looks much like the old Chris either. :p

Is that Claire in the new scan??!!!

Possibly, either that or a new char as she doesn't really look like any of the other previous Resi chars, the skin tone suggests she may be a new char though, who knows. :smile:

OMG there is a white zombie in the last scan!! :o

:indeed: