NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Capcom have just spoiled the party.

Capcom has told Eurogamer that we won't be seeing any new gameplay footage of Resident Evil 5 released this week despite reports to the exciting contrary.

According to the publisher, the special DVD attached to Famitsu in Japan this Friday will only contain an interview with a producer on the title, not a fresh glimpse at the action as our chums at ThreeSpeech suggest.

The disc has been created to celebrate 25 years of Capcom, and could reveal some fresh information about the hotly anticipated survival-horror game. So, expect more around Friday, and until then just imagine you're staring at door slowly opening on a black background like in the old days.

Or perhaps adventure over to our Resident Evil 5 gamepages for 360 and PS3 to catch up on what we know so far.

Capcom have just spoiled the party.

smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

Ah well ,hopefully the interview will reveal some info?!

Anyone got any rough ideas on when this game could be out? I was under the impression it would not be till like 2009 but some websites such as gameplay have listed the release date as in July....

However i find that hard to believe...

Awesome! Will be great to see more of the game.

I missed the word "footage" in that title and nearly had a heart attack!

Shame it's all bs though :(

Anyone got any rough ideas on when this game could be out? I was under the impression it would not be till like 2009 but some websites such as gameplay have listed the release date as in July....

However i find that hard to believe...

You hit the nail on the head there...Empire had it down as March in one of more recent issues...no one really knows.

You hit the nail on the head there...Empire had it down as March in one of more recent issues...no one really knows.

Old post: 2009 or 2010

Biohazard 5 DVD Infomation:

"Ever since the dawn of time,

the most primordial human emotion has been...

FEAR"

The DVD starts with footage of the original RE.

In RE2, the battle against Umbrella unfolded as Raccoon City died.

In 3, an incessant hunter pursued Jill Valentine.

In the deserted island of Rockfort, more mysteries unfolded in CODE: Veronica.

Convict Billy Coen was an unexpected ally in Zero.

And in a village infected with madness, Leon rescued the president's daughter in 4...

The series was introduced in 1996 and broke sales records.

Now a new game is coming... Biohazard 5.

Takeuchi Interview (very rough/basic translation)

Footage of the devs examining Chris' Biohazard 5 character model on a PC. The original Biohazard was developed on older hardware, but in 5, the hardware allows for the character models to be adapted to various situations.

There were various teams that could make the game at the beginning.

Africa confirmed - Or, at the very least, the village is modeled after an African village

Sunlight will be a focus of the game to achieve a new kind of feel not done before.

Chris at first can walk around the village with no one attacking him, but he sees two people attacking another and dragging the guy into the room. Chris follows in, and the action starts after the mutation.

Chris at first can walk around the village with no one attacking him, but he sees two people attacking another and dragging the guy into the room. Chris follows in, and the action starts after the mutation.

More footage of Chris fighting the zombies. So far, it's very similar to RE4.

5's System

Shinji Mikami's Biohazard 4 is the base for the system, with evolutions and improvements planned.

5's System

Shinji Mikami's Biohazard 4 is the base for the system, with evolutions and improvements planned.

Chris Redfield

Takeuchi was a staff member of the original Biohazard, of which Chris was a star of. 5 takes place 10 years after the original RE, and Chris has a new mission.

Weapon Variation

Chris is up against a huge number of enemies. The game will have variation in weapons including series classics like the Handgun and Shotgun and such. The footage shows the developers examining a handgun character model.

Fight Elements

The game will make use of the action buttons (QTEs) from Biohazard 4 once again.

Message to the Fans

Fans have eagerly awaited prior titles and now await Biohazard 5. Capcom's working hard on the game's unexpected graphics, system and story. The Biohazard series has taken on various forms in its history. Presently a CG movie is also in works (Biohazard Degeneration) and that will be shown as well. There is a lot to look forward to in the Biohazard world this year. We will delve down into the story and characters of the Biohazard series, and thus this year will be filled with Biohazard. Please look forward to more information on the title this year.

Final World from Mr. Takeuchi

WAIT FOR THE MEDIA SUMMIT

108681359920080326131355.jpg

147834590120080326131356.jpg

80402143520080326131357.jpg

183630946520080326131357.jpg

133905804320080326131400.jpg

107304309320080326131401.jpg

79326776320080326131404.jpg

Message to the Fans

Fans have eagerly awaited Biohazard 5. Capcom's working hard on the game's graphics, system and story. Please look forward to more information on the title this year.

Well that has surely kinda answered my question. If there saying more information this year then the game wont be released this year... Will it?

EDIT: Just read your old post Dante bout 2009/2010. Seems a very long way away... Like others have said, they have confirmed this game far too soon...

Hasn't the very location of this game almost killed the franchise?

Dunno why they opted for something so different.

What wrong with killing black zombies in Africa?

Yes that makes sense.

I like the change it'll bring to gameplay with the whole daylight/shade thing.

I knew Id get this reaction. But I just think this isnt as much of an RE game. It looks great, and yes the game would be good if it was set slightly different, but this is very different.

Don't agree with it.

They didnt need to set it in Africa to change the game mechanics. I think its just a bit of novelty.

I knew Id get this reaction. But I just think this isnt as much of an RE game. It looks great, and yes the game would be good if it was set slightly different, but this is very different.

Don't agree with it.

How do you define a Resident Evil game though? With landmark game of the series being completely different from its predecessors how are you meant to describe them in one, collective way?

And if you can not agree with RE5 in is differences to RE4 then how on earth did you stay with the series after the far more radical progression in game design from RE3 to RE4?

Maybe because that was to do mainly with controls and gameplay that changed in RE4. Obviously I dont mind improvements/altercation between the titles, and the series has seen some big changes, however I question their decision to take the story to Africa.

I may be wrong, but to me it seems a bit bizarre and un-Resi like.

Don't agree with it.

They didnt need to set it in Africa to change the game mechanics. I think its just a bit of novelty.

The main cause of the RE series is the Progenitor Virus that was found in Africa. Progenitor Virus added with leeches dna became the T-Virus

^ Well im sorry I wasn't as much of a fan to know that.

Still, I can't see myself being scared in quite the same way when playing this.

Does no-one understand where I'm coming from? Its bound to have a very different horror feel to it.

Does no-one understand where I'm coming from? Its bound to have a very different horror feel to it.

I've only played RE4. The main "horror" element was more health and ammo related. Which will likely be the same in RE5.

That's the genius of setting the game in Africa dwarf. It's so completely different to anywhere fans have been before in previous installments of the series that it allows the developers to implement new ideas into this new environment and keep the series fresh.

A few years ago the series was dying because of the fact that new installments did barely anything different from their prequels.

Off Topic: Loving the new sig and av Cube. :heart:

That's the genius of setting the game in Africa dwarf. It's so completely different to anywhere fans have been before in previous installments of the series that it allows the developers to implement new ideas into this new environment and keep the series fresh.

A few years ago the series was dying because of the fact that new installments did barely anything different from their prequels.

Off Topic: Loving the new sig and av Cube. :heart:

Yeah.

RE,RE0,RE2,RE3 were all set in Raccoon City.

^ Well im sorry I wasn't as much of a fan to know that.

Still, I can't see myself being scared in quite the same way when playing this.

Sorry mate but i can't see where your coming from either. RE4 was completly different to the others, no 'proper' zombies. Wasn't even really based on the same storyline as in no virus so to speak, just parasitic organisms. And this game was set in a spanish village, quite different to Racoon city in America.

There keeping the Resident Evil series alive by taking it in a new direction but still keeping a slight grip on the original storyline. Just because it is set in Africa i can't see it not being as scary. It's just another country afterall.

There just some of my thoughts anyway.

I know in my head what I'm thinking it's just hard to put down. I'm sure it'll be a good game whatever they end up doing with it.

Los Illuminados/zombies same diff. Raving african people is quite different.

I'll drop it.