NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

03.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21036_resident-evil-5-une-image-de-plus.html

The Story (so far...)

The hero of the play will be indeed Chris Redfield.

The history takes seat 10 years after the incident of Raccoon in first Resident Evil, Chris Redfield, in the past member of the S.T.A.R.S. (which does not exist any more), works for an organization called BSAA, and will have the role of inquiring into a new business in the desert, but the objective remains very vague for him.

According to the producer of the play, Jun Takeuchi, this fifth episode of the series should learn some to us more on the mysteries from Resident Evil 4.

The gameplay of Resident Evil 5 should be inspired besides largely by Resident Evil 4 with some additional improvements of course, the light and the darkness will take an important place in the play, Chris will have for example to adapt its sight when it returns in a dark part, or the opposite, it will be dazzled by the sun when it leaves outside. This time, the enemies are neither of the zombies nor of Los Ganados, but of the more intelligent semi-human creatures.

A new trailer card of the play will be diffused soon and should include elements of gameplay which will show the differences compared to Resident Evil 4.

Full Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22801.html

Other info...

- RE4 over the shoulder aiming returns (obviously).

4326620070720_165505_2_big.jpg

4326620070720_165505_3_big.jpg

- Female character shown!

This has got to be Sherry right?! She certainly has the look of William Birkin!

4326620070720_165505_1_big.jpg

re0gc_screen025.jpg

- RE5's equivalent 'Dr Salvador' can be seen wearing a sack over it's head and wielding a giant axe.

02.jpg

07.jpg

- Villagers use grappling hooks to climb up this time, or could the environments be very interactive/destructable and the villagers are actually pulling the level down to get to you?

- Chris (like Leon) wears an ear-piece in Resi 5, however it is much more obvious this time round, suggesting it could play a greater part...

Whilst it could simply be for radio communication like Leon...

Perhaps Resi 5 takes it one step further and you can call in back-up assistance that will fight alongside you (maybe other known characters such as Jill, Claire, Barry, or just other soldiers)

or perhaps even call in an airstrike and such... for when the battles really heat up!

04.jpg

This game looks simply awesome!!

The new concept of the light affecting your vision, (meaning you have to re-adjust) is a nice one!

It could leave you very open to attacks if you suddenly step out into the midday sun and have you eyesight dazzled! So I guess you'll have to think carefully about the approach you take.

I'm guessing these enemies which are 'neither zombies or Los Ganados' are the result of Weskers continued research on from Resi 4.

Hopefully there will be a Wesker vs. Chris showdown!! though I can't really see it ever being the end for Wesker!

Anyways... discuss...

wtf does every great game franchise have to incorporate a light/dark theme in one of its sequels?

Chris looks like a total (hetero) badass. He better get laid at some point in this game.

Famitsu RE5 Scans Translated

pg1

Its been 2 years since we last got a news update on Bio5. News for Biohazard 5, the latest entry in the series responsible for coining the term 'survival horror', has been revealed. The main character for the title is Chris Redfield, who is also the main protagonist in the first game. He also made an appearance in Code: Veronica, where he travels to save his younger sister, and is considered the 'main character' for the series. What he's going to face in "5", is a crazed group of people in a desert zone. Right now, we'll shows what Jun Takeuchi have to say about the game, as well as the messages of the previous episodes. This is what the world has been waiting for.

pg2

"5" talks about war. The area seems to have some sort of racial quarrel, and its a bizzare place with no justice nor evil. There's no more S.T.A.R.S, but for some reason Chris still gets involve in the incident. There's a "BSAA" patch on his shoulder, if you are observant enough. Takeuchi stated "Something occurred, and the organisation send him there."

The enemy is neither a zombie nor ganado. Takeuchi described them to be 'human-like with intelligence'. From the shots, we can see a massive amount of enemies on screen. In comparison to '4', the enemies behave closest to the ganado in the village. What is Chris fighting for? Actually, these screens were shown over at the E3 event. In the trailer, Chris mumble to himself 'what am I fighting for?' Maybe his inner thought is one of the things that the game will be portraying.

pg 3

The 'structure' of the game seems simliar to '4', where the game character got shifted to the lower left corner when aiming. However, Jun Takeuchi stated that there's a 'secret weapon' (or maybe just an expression, not literally a weapon) in the beginning of 5. He spoke of the evolution to what is expected for a Biohazard game, and that he's not making the game with the aim of just going back to the root nor fixing what's broken. Its a true evolution.

pg 4

Now we have here is the follow-up interview to what we've heard from Jun Takeuchi 2 years ago. Besides questions concerning the screenshots, the interview will also contain things like the thoughts from the developers, among others. Furthermore, the screenshots that's accompanying this interview are taken from the E3 trailer. The HD version of the trailer will be available on July 27 through XBox Live and PS Network. The trailer IS NOT CG, and they are in real-time. Now go drool over the quality of the screenshots and then return to this interview.

- After 2 years of silence, the breaking of the news surprised us

When we were thinking what to do for a new generation Biohazard game, we always look at Shinji Mikami's '4'. That game is like the peak of the series, that seems like a wall so high that you think it's totally impossible to pass it. When we think of how to 'give birth' to '5', we realised we have to stop having the idea of just following his footsteps. In that case, even if we used '4' game system, we will have the hardship of adding in new elements, which is where we will spend most of our time on. After playing this game, I think everyone will feel as if they have just completed '4' for the first time again.

- Is Chris selected for the game for the sake of making a closure to the series?

Its more of like a summary of the life for Chris in the last 10 years, rather than a closure. Once we tells what he have been doing, the stuffs that weren't shown in '4' will be revealed. I believe after this trailer, everyone will have mixed thoughts and feelings about it. However, we've a very important 'secret weapon' in the game.

- Secret weapon?

Yes. The basic game system is nearly identical to '4', but there's also a new important game element that will be added in '5'.

- The content?

We can't reveal it at the moment, because if we do, there's nothing for us to talk about next year! (laugh)

- We have to wait until next year?

Of course you won't have to wait for another year for the next news update (laugh) anyway please just treat it as a title that succeeded '4' at the moment. However, when we reveal the next trailer, maybe everyone will have a different impression. You'll go 'Oh!? Is this a Biohazard game?'

- There's a strong contrast in the screenshots

Despite a direct opposing of the 'darkness' featured in past Biohazards, if we were to rise it to a certain level, we can achieve the same result. Take for instance, Chris enters a building without a door. Because the surrounding is brighter, the interior will look darker. When you enter the building, your eyes will need some adjustment.

- The game will feature that?

Yes. Similarly, when you exit a dark room to a bright area, you'll see nothing until your eyes gets used to it. This radiates a 'hot', 'bright' feeling to the people. Although it'll be only for a short instance, this is where the annoying part. The difficulty of seeing and aiming during that instance will be the new way of portraying the 'horror' element of the game.

- The secretive female who plays a large role

Actually you'll only see this at the end of the trailer. She'll be the focus for the next trailer. Look out for her in the midst of the next trailer.

- Is she from a previous game?

I've been pretty forgetful lately. I can't recall, sorry (laugh)

- You liar! Will she play an important part in the story?

Her existence, from every angle, plays an important.

That's what I guessed.

Speaking of which, I think any long time gamers of the series will have already made a good guess by now.

- Like say, a character who have been captured but haven't been rescued yet?

She seems to experienced that (laugh) She's actually the thing which will make the gamer goes 'is this really a Biohazard game?' that I said earlier on.

- Relating to the new game element right?

Tied to the new game element and the story. Without her, it'll be impossible to discuss about the content of '5'.

- What's the release date for the game?

I was planning to write the release year at the end of the trailer, but the last two digits kept changing like a flashlight in my mind. It kept jumping between 08 and 09. Heck sometime it jumped to '10' (laugh)

- So the earliest we'll see the game is 2008?

2008 might be a too unrealistic. 2010 will be a wiser guess.

- well...that means good stuffs take time to develop right?

The development is very smooth, and hopefully the next interview we have, we'll be able to talk more about it. Hopefully I'll be able to reveal the release date by then.

- We'll be waiting!

From the picture of Sherry, I wonder if she is in some sort of stasis tank in a lab.?

It looks abit like she's got 'water' around her like the tyrant in Resi 1, or Alexia in Code Veronica.

Also, this game reminds me of the film Blood Diamond!

The new concept of the light affecting your vision, (meaning you have to re-adjust) is a nice one!

Like in Half-Life 2: Lost Coast?

If it is Sherry I will be well happy! ( see my comments I made the other day in the PS3 thread )

Wesker knew the importance of Sherry, maybe she was carrying another type of virus within her, could she be the secret weapon? I demand a Wesker Vs Chris boss battle, the way it ended it Code Veronica you knew it had to happen again at some point. The thing is Wesker is superhuman now and Chris would get a beating ( again ) maybe something happens to him Chris to make the fight a little more even.....

How long is taking them to make this goddamn game!

A release date in 2009?! Seriously what the hell!

you know its gonna be fuckin amazing though......the most anticipated game pour moi.

Am I the only one who thinks Chris looks rediculous. I mean look at those arms!!

This game is easily my most anticipated. And the screens make it look absolutely amazing! I can't wait! But it sounds likes its going to be a while before its released.:(

For the first time i read about this game today, man it looks awesome. Can't wait.

Anyone else got the worrying feeling that people are gonna cause a stir, complaining that this game is racist because you play as a white guy going around shooting a load of possessed black people?

Well... It probably won't happen, the Spanish didn't seem too upset about RE4...

Anyone else got the worrying feeling that people are gonna cause a stir, complaining that this game is racist because you play as a white guy going around shooting a load of possessed black people?

Well... It probably won't happen, the Spanish didn't seem too upset about RE4...

It'd be stupid if that did happen, why should race matter at all? You'll probably meat a few black people in the story who are there to help you or for you to protect etc.

Just watched the full 3 min trailer via Xbox Live and it looks great.

The aiming system looks exactly like R Evil 4 and the way Chris dodges looks as if the QTE are back in aswell. The games graphics look unreal from the character models to the light effects it looks gorgeous.

i can see this coming to the wii. its definately portable. no massive hoards of enemies like dead rising etc. just lower the resolution and scale back the graphics and bobs your mothers brother

the only thing i dont like is that it reminds me of hotel rwanda with all those machetiy weilding gangs.

Holy shit. Look at those huge crowds! Damn, I need money so I can get a 360. But I'd rather have it on Wii. The pointer controls and waggle like in the RE4 Wii Ed. should really be the new standard for these games. Playing RE5 would feel like a step down, control-wise anyway.

From what I saw in the trailer, it seems Las Plagas is back, or something very similar anyway.

i can see this coming to the wii. its definately portable. no massive hoards of enemies like dead rising etc. just lower the resolution and scale back the graphics and bobs your mothers brother

the only thing i dont like is that it reminds me of hotel rwanda with all those machetiy weilding gangs.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because you've seen the whole game? You would think people would know that there is more to a game than graphics. I doubt the Wii could be able to reproduce the a.i. and stuff like scripted events as well as the 360 or the PS3.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Because you've seen the whole game? You would think people would know that there is more to a game than graphics. I doubt the Wii could be able to reproduce the a.i. and stuff like scripted events as well as the 360 or the PS3.

Agreed I'm afraid. :heh:

If I don't succeed in getting a 360, I could always wait a few years for RE5 Wii2 Edition to come out. It'll have Wii controls and all extras from both the 360 and PS3 versions. Right? RIGHT?!

I must have this game. And a 360.

Just saw the new extended edition of the trailer and this looks awesome!! So glad I will be getting a 360 in September to play it on!

When the fuck is it coming out though? Late 2007 or what?

Re5 will come out in 2009 or 2010.

- So the earliest we'll see the game is 2008?

2008 might be a too unrealistic. 2010 will be a wiser guess.