NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Yeah, but the sales dropped after the first day :heh:

70k first day, 36k over the next 6 so it's slowed down a fair bit. But since KoR sold more in the first week i'm fine.

Any news on the EU release yet? I believe that it's already got a date for America (November or something) so hopefully it won't be too long after that. Been looking forward to this for awhile now. Shame they took away the ability to roam around the maps. Ok, it was kinda boring but it added to the sence of grandeur of the map.

A EU date is way next year. I and many others are going to import it. Only 2 odd months now.

the opening music sucks.

Really? I thought both the music and video were awesome although nobody stabbed Collette so it loses points for that :)

the opening music sucks.

Whachoo on about? I think you're just looking for things to complain about now.

Really? I thought both the music and video were awesome although nobody stabbed Collette so it loses points for that :)
the english one.
Whachoo on about? I think you're just looking for things to complain about now.
not really, I think the music is being dragged by the opening, not the oposite, it's just weak.

I'll complain each time a awesome opening gets dumbed down though.

the opening music sucks.

Compared to the 1st game, the song was garbage. The opening to the 1st game was very epic, this one just seemed like a generic anime opening.

@Emasher:

I think you are right that the opening is more like an anime opening than a videogame but well... The content is more important than the opening :)

Why can't they just stick with Misono? Don't Namco realise that Western Tales gamers appreciate the series for its Japaneseness?

Why can't they just stick with Misono? Don't Namco realise that Western Tales gamers appreciate the series for its Japaneseness?

Not all of us do, I appreciate the Westernisation of the music - I've no interest in anime etc I just like RPGs and good stories.

the opening music sucks.

QFT. I don't see why they would change the openin....oh wait, this is Namco we are talking about, like...imagine them making a really half assed Tales Game for the Wii and make a brand new Tales game for a system that sells like shit in japan.....oh...they did that didn't they. :heh:

With everything else aside...the dubing sounds....like another game I played before....Oh yes, Baten Kaitos. Don't know about you, but it sounds even worst then the first Tales Of Symphonia.

Not all of us do, I appreciate the Westernisation of the music - I've no interest in anime etc I just like RPGs and good stories.

Oh well, fair enough. Colour me proven wrong.

I see what people mean by the animation drags the music for the western opening. I'm not really bothered by that at all really. I want this for the Presea factor and for it's selling point.

Oh, come on! Now you're just nitpicking for the hell of nitpicking.

The new music doesn't compare to the original, sure, but they have always done this. And with worse music than this, sometimes. The only times where they made it right were in Abyss and Radiant Mythology.

With everything else aside...the dubing sounds....like another game I played before....Oh yes, Baten Kaitos. Don't know about you, but it sounds even worst then the first Tales Of Symphonia.

Seriously? Baten Kaitos? To me, it sounds exactly like the beginning of ToS. To sound more like Baten Kaitos, they would have to be consistently bad throughtout the game.

And even then, it would be hard to surpass BK in low quality, due to a number of factors not usually present in the Tales series.

C'mon Baten Kaitos wasn't that bad a game. I actually prefer some of the music in parts.

When can I have this game. I need it.

C'mon Baten Kaitos wasn't that bad a game. I actually prefer some of the music in parts.

Baten Kaitos wasn't bad, I know. And the music there was awesome.

But the voice acting...Definately the worst part of the game. Made even worse by the fact that you couldn't turn it off during combat (IIRC).

I agree. They could have just re-used the song from the western opening of the first one.

This wil probably be THE "core" title for the system this holiday, at least in America. On the plus side, it is being sold for $10 less than the usual Wii game, $40.

Weird to think it's only 2 months away now. I dunno how I feel about it, kinda dreading it. If it's bad it'll ruin the ToS name, that's why if it's worse than I think, i'll convince myself that it's not the official sequal and dismiss it :heh:

This, Guitar Hero, Disaster and maybe Sonic. That's the Wii games left this year to get I think unless i''ve forgotten some.

This wil probably be THE "core" title for the system this holiday, at least in America. On the plus side, it is being sold for $10 less than the usual Wii game, $40.

I thought it was 2009 for North America?

Weird to think it's only 2 months away now. I dunno how I feel about it, kinda dreading it. If it's bad it'll ruin the ToS name, that's why if it's worse than I think, i'll convince myself that it's not the official sequal and dismiss it :heh:

This, Guitar Hero, Disaster and maybe Sonic. That's the Wii games left this year to get I think unless i''ve forgotten some.

Check out that IGN preview. It certainly reassured me that it doesn't seem as bad as it could have been. I don't think even a fully AAA ToS could possibly live up to the bar the original set. I think we should just take DotNW for what it is, and then look forward to the next Wii Mothership title.

Will do then. I'll probably accept it for what it is, and finally an RPG on the Wii, just wonder how big the gap will be. The less the better of course but there always will be a gap between ToS and any sequal.

The thing i'm looking forward to the most is the story which I loved on ToS, and the one in DotNW seems decent so far. Dammit Lloyd and Sheena better get together and Collette can bugger off.

Also Emasher, is comes out in November in America, the 11th I think it is.