NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

@Dante:

When was a "Tales of" for the PS3 announced? Though even if: I think it is most likely a "Tales of Vesperia" port...

@Dante:

When was a "Tales of" for the PS3 announced? Though even if: I think it is most likely a "Tales of Vesperia" port...

It wasn't, it was a japanese magazine speculation a few weeks ago. Speculation is the word.

Bogus Sony-tards, basically. ToV PS3 port will happen though.

@Dante:

Namco Tales site had been revamped and it had PS3 section page but was removed few hours later.

Namco Tales site had been revamped and it had PS3 section page but was removed few hours later.
Yes, and the image for that section was a Tales of Vesperia one ;)

Tales of Vesperia will come, one year afterwards or so, when the exclusivity madness agreement (and namco's stupidity certificate) with Microsoft ends, giving them time to port it, akin to Eternal Sonata.

But, since it's coming, eventually, and PS3 isn't even leading they don't really have a reason to a) compete with themselves b) do a game from ground for it, or even giving it primary, more expensive support, if they had one before (this said, they would have 100 less reasons to do so for X360 and they did).

... heh, I was almost drawn into that clip as it got cut off. It looks wicked.

Wait. They're not getting the old Voice Actors from ToS for Llyod and Co?

they said they were trying. but didn't promise it.

they said they were trying. but didn't promise it.

Fail. I hope they get the majority right.

Lloyds new voice actor is Brian Beacock and he is the same guy who did his voice for Radiant Mythology. His old voice actor Scott Menville has left Lloyd behind him.

Lloyds new voice actor is Brian Beacock and he is the same guy who did his voice for Radiant Mythology. His old voice actor Scott Menville has left Lloyd behind him.

Man, that sucks. I liked Scott Menville.

Man, that sucks. I liked Scott Menville.

He'd be better if he didn't sound exactly the same in every role he's ever done. I can't remember when in the game it was, but he tried to change his voice to act a villager or something and he just sounded desperate.

He'd be better if he didn't sound exactly the same in every role he's ever done. I can't remember when in the game it was, but he tried to change his voice to act a villager or something and he just sounded desperate.

That was just after the desians torched Iselia. It was both very obvious it was him and also sounded pretty bad.

I wish we had the same voice actors from the original, but this still looks like a pretty good game. Do we know yet if any of the other characters have the original voice actors?

Can anyone tell me if while battling the camera only centers on player one like last game, so if more than one person is playing they cant tell where they are?

I think there would be 4 for each person on the screen. Also the first week sales of this done better than ToV :heh:

I think there would be 4 for each person on the screen. Also the first week sales of this done better than ToV :heh:
Everything would do better than ToV, lol.

Fire Emblem is not popular in Japan, yet, Fire Emblem DS raped Tales of Vesperia; first day sales, weekly sales... everything. The game is a testament why third party developers shouldn't do "Japanese" exclusives on a platform that doesn't even sell. That's a bullet to the feet though, stupidity and franchise management don't mix, and Tales of Vesperia userbase has been falling since last gen due to too much milking. Putting the game on a platform most won't care will just make more people not care about it.

I want my port, the game sceneries look like Abyss HD, like hell it is "impossible to do" on the Wii. Taking character models aside, could have been done on the PS2.

I want a port aswell. It teaches Namco a lesson for doing this and releasing it on a failing system. It's first day sales was 70k, total week was 106k. 36k in 6 days after it, so it's gonna drop right of the charts and barely sell. Which completely contradicts them saying 360 software still sells well in Japan.

I imagine the pay off they got from Microsoft made up for the bad sales though.

I imagine the pay off they got from Microsoft made up for the bad sales though.
That doesn't pay the fact that they've been growing a franchise since 1994 (14 years) to run it to the ground because some big company gave them free candy.

For Microsoft it's scraps, for them... it's a self-kick in the ass.

I think there would be 4 for each person on the screen

Do u actually have the game or are u just guessing?

I wanna know for sure, can anyone with the game give me a definate?

I still think they'll have a bash at a PS3 mothership title. Maybe a Vesperia port, maybe something new. I just hope the next Wii installment doesn't get any sacrafices forced upon it, whether it be any key staff transfers, or a halt in production.

But the fact is a PS3 Tales game will logically sell better than a 360 iteration.

Do u actually have the game or are u just guessing?

I wanna know for sure, can anyone with the game give me a definate?

Well it was like that for ToS and ToV, so i'd imagine it would be the same for Dawn of the New World. But it's not as if you can get 4 folk altogether to have a long session anyway since the other 3 only join in for battles.

In ToS the camera only stayed around the first player. So thats very annoying for when playing with another person! And when 4 ppl are playing, which i can get easy, then its nearly unplayable...

So i really wished they would fix that since they give an option to play with 3 other ppl.

And what do u mean, 4 for each person on screen?