NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

So at least two characters and a monster confirmend. I liked the look of that one monster you get to tame. Wonder why Lloyd didn't just...

Use his wings to get across the lava thing (unless he destroyed his crusux(sp) christal already)

If the story is anywhere close to as good as the original, this is going to be one of the best Wii games yet.

One other question: Is it sure this game will make it to Europe?

Otherwise I really need a Wii Freeloader ASAP :)

I am, if I have the needed time at that point in time... specially cool if we somehow organize it so we start all at the same time.

But we also need to know if everyone will do the sidequest as well, or just the main game.

I think some people aren't aware if they've even done all the sidequests in game before though and it would really take ages for some people.

If we do some it should be well known and good ones like beat Abyssion,Skeleton guy and get all the summon spirits.

There's only one summon spirit (maxwell) that you don't have to get in the main quest. I wonder if this game will even have summon spirits.

Better chance of this game coming to europe than of a wii freeloader being made that nintendo doesn't immediately release a security update to get rid of.

The original sold very well in Europe so I'd assume it's likely.

I'm sure we can draw something up in the tos thread. I'm replaying it so I'll probably think of the things we definately should do. I mean I don't think everyone has done the cursed book quest before. Which is nice to do but it does require alot of time. So there are things we should keep and throw out.

One question in ToS 1 was there any way to change the camera angle when figting?

Because me and my friend played trough the game and the whole camera only following player 1 was kinda annoying....

Yeah it was annoying. It was fixed in the ps2 collector's edition of the game. But in the cube version the camera didn't have multiplayer in mind.

Yeah it was annoying. It was fixed in the ps2 collector's edition of the game. But in the cube version the camera didn't have multiplayer in mind.
PS2 version only supports 2 players in multiplayer mode though.

Since ToS is out of print... We really should pressure Namco into making a Symphonia Wii Edition (like RE4 Wii Edition) a ultimate version with 16:9, progressive scan, budget price, the extra PS2 FMV's, costumes and extras and well... the GC framerate, 4 player option and all that was best for that version.

If they're gonna sell ToS:KoR as a sequel they'd better have the first one on the shelves and it is more likely to fly from them if it's a rebranded Wii Game.

Wii edition would be pretty cool. Naturally i'd get it for all the extras and especially for those cut scenes cause they looked beautifull.

Better chance of this game coming to europe than of a wii freeloader being made that nintendo doesn't immediately release a security update to get rid of.

Well: You could make the FreeLoader a Wii channel (which would be way better because you won't need to swap disks) - SD Card - or whatsoever which is updateable through the internet - otherwise with the updates it isn't very useful - (this is important because i think once the FreeLoader works they can only blacklist it or similar things but probably not change anything that won't allow it to work but even if, it would still be possible to update it - over PC or Wii)...

Although personally: They should just remove that stupid idea of region-lock as hey had planned... I guess the main reason really is Europe with thinking they might not sell as much or whatsoever (well: I guess this could happen if they take as long as the e.g. needed for Super Paper Mario or don't release games at all)

Well: You could make the FreeLoader a Wii channel

No you can't because the wii channels are encrypted.

I hope they hurry up with the Freeloader soon though. They can hopefully find a way to Bi-pass it all so Nintendo can't do a security patch. Like have a small SD card that you put in, load something from it so when it goes to scan the disc, it doesn't stop the scanning of certain discs like the Freeloader or change the scanning to it doesn't block the disc.

There's gotta be a by to bypass some of the scanning so it doesn't get blocked and it justs reads the game normally.

No you can't because the wii channels are encrypted.

That doesn't mean you can't...

But well it is not very likely... That is correct...

BUT you could still make the Freeloader updateable or whatsoever...

TGS 2007 trailer with a glimpse of Lloyd at the end. The music is Fighting of the spirit from TOS.

How in the blue hell did i miss this:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap that was great, they've kept the music from ToS, which was brilliant it all gave me chills... and the clip of Lloyd at the end, LOVING IT.... though with all the fire round him and the ominous fade... i wonder could something have happened that makes Lloyd go evil?:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

You know I'll be really pissed off if Lloyd did turn evil or something. But lets just hope for the best, and say maybe someone burnt his house down.....

You know I'll be really pissed off if Lloyd did turn evil or something. But lets just hope for the best, and say maybe someone burnt his house down.....

And Killed Dirk !!!!!!!!

NNNNOOOOOOOOO:shakehead

Well he could have gone evil in a Kratos kinda way... and would be a good reason why he's not the main character again?

But don't forget about the dream. To collect all the exsphere so that no one would have to suffer. The only reason I could think of a way they could make him out to be evil is if it drove him to madness.

Perhaps he's in a fire dungeon. I wonder if those lion things are bosses.

I hope we don't have to capture all the enemies as a side quest, Just getting there monster data in the original was enough to drive me mental and I've I didn't even finish.

But don't forget about the dream. To collect all the exsphere so that no one would have to suffer. The only reason I could think of a way they could make him out to be evil is if it drove him to madness.

Ah that would be a good reason would it not... would be an unexpected twist too (well not so unexpected now maybe), and then as the new characters travel round they come across the "old crew" who then join up and help them to fight/save Lloyd, When they reach him they have an epic battle, at the end Sheena and Lloyd end up face to face in a cut scene, Sheena trying to reason with him, Lloyd mad with power, eventually Sheena expresses her feelings for Lloyd (well this is how i'd like to happen), and this helps free his heart and bring him back. This then turns out to be only the half-way point of the game, with Lloyd turning good once more, the true enemy is revealed who was controlling Lloyd. Lloyd takes control of the team once more to fight this evil... at the end when they win, Lloyd and Sheena ride off into the sunset on Noishe(sp?).

: peace:

(this post may have just forced Namco to go back to the drawing board, start again and delayed the game... i'm sorry)

I love your TOS stories Mokong :heh:

Though I must admit I am a Lloyd/Sheena fan and I want that to happen aswell, forget about Colette.

Ah that would be a good reason would it not... would be an unexpected twist too (well not so unexpected now maybe), and then as the new characters travel round they come across the "old crew" who then join up and help them to fight/save Lloyd, When they reach him they have an epic battle, at the end Sheena and Lloyd end up face to face in a cut scene, Sheena trying to reason with him, Lloyd mad with power, eventually Sheena expresses her feelings for Lloyd (well this is how i'd like to happen), and this helps free his heart and bring him back. This then turns out to be only the half-way point of the game, with Lloyd turning good once more, the true enemy is revealed who was controlling Lloyd. Lloyd takes control of the team once more to fight this evil... at the end when they win, Lloyd and Sheena ride off into the sunset on Noishe(sp?).

: peace:

(this post may have just forced Namco to go back to the drawing board, start again and delayed the game... i'm sorry)

Yea it would be Colette not Sheena, And I bet Noish is going to evolve into a Man in this game (talk to a certain one of the elf children if you don't understand what I'm talking about).

If we knew what the basic story of KoR we could probably easily fit in how the old team comes back.

Lloyd- Track Down All exspheres

Colette- Help Lloyd

Genis- Start a campaign for Half Elf rights

Raine- Help Genis

Kratos- Goes off to derris Karlan and is never heard from again

Sheena- Becomes cheif of Mizuho

Zelos- Becomes advisor to king of tethealla

Presea- Did something that had to do with her sister though I cant remember what it was

Regal- helped Presea

I think Presea wanted no one to be like Alicia. But I'll just quickly beat Mithos and come back to you on that.