NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Ginnungagap!

Progress has been slow and steady. I'm on the 8th chapter; Emil is wrestling with himself and all the characters have all gone their separate ways, to regroup later in Altamira for what is presumably the final showdown.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sad to be near the end. :)

Hope you enjoy the compression quality of the latter cutscenes. :shakehead

By the way, remember to visit the tree before rejoining in Altamira...

Thanks! I did do that - apparently the scene is extended on the second playthrough. Are there any other incentives to play a second time?

I did miss the Communion Spring scene though. Didn't even notice it had appeared as a location until it was too late. :(

Hope you enjoy the compression quality of the latter cutscenes.

? Were they bad? I didn't notice. Actually, do you mean the odd blurring effect that was so prevalent in the first game? It was certainly better in this one. It seemed to happen mainly when a cutscene was ending.

I've finished the game now.

The final dungeon was disappointingly short and trivial. The boss encounters were bizarre to say the least. The duo that you come across at the bottom of the lift was extremely difficult. I felt I needed to level up and finally beat them while at level 57. The next three boss encounters were laughably easy (with the exception of the one where you fight alone against two people where I died in a matter of seconds, though this was the preferred outcome as I understand it).

Very odd, but kinda epic too. Funny that the whole gang felt the need to be there, then needed to be rescued after disappearing and ultimately made no difference to the gameplay or story at all.

Thanks! I did do that - apparently the scene is extended on the second playthrough. Are there any other incentives to play a second time?

Huh, that I didn't know. I'm planning on one day playing a second time to get the sidequests I missed. As I understand, a couple of ones involving Richter, and a recurring quest in the Katz guild that has continuity.

Other than that, I don't know.

? Were they bad? I didn't notice. Actually, do you mean the odd blurring effect that was so prevalent in the first game? It was certainly better in this one. It seemed to happen mainly when a cutscene was ending.

Bad enough for me to notice. :heh: The final cutscenes were like... watching an old, bad VHS recording. It was bad enough for me to notice anyway... just because you have low standards!