NEurope
Teppo Holmqvist

Bully Scholarship Edition

Bully_Jimmy_Gary.png

This is Gary, on the right. It's one of the first characters you meet. It's the one who does the 'plotting and thinking'.

boo garys a meanie:shakehead I agree i like poor petey , this is a really fun game and i agree the finding stuff is not actually tedious i like collecting the GG Cards and stuff , how do people dress Jimmy ? at the moment ive just given him a brown crew cut type thing as i didnt like skinhead although actually i think it suited him better , im thinking ill give him the red ninja outfit for a laugh though:yay:

Just beat the main storyline this morning and finally gave Gary the beat down he deserved. Im on just finishing various sidequests and classes now, man my Geography sucks :)

Still loving this, some of the conversations and situations are just brilliant. Discovering I could stick heads down toilets (with motions) and also slam other students inside lockers just shows how much thought went into this. I love how it is eerily quiet when students hear the bell and run to class. Lovely.

I'm at a loss as to how it didn't sell truck loads. I'd urge anyone to get this in their Wii.

So yeah, I dress Jimbo in the Aquaberry stuff. Looks nice no? And I can't wait to smash Gary's face in. Brilliant VO and characterisation to bring out such a hatred of a character in the player so quickly!

I'm still early on in the game though...Making it last by just messing around with the camera/catapult/locals/bikes/funfair rides/arcades etc...

I can't help but think they should have called this "Bully: The misadventures of one Wayne Rooney" and set it in Liverpool. - It makes sense really.

Anyway, still a great, great (under appreciated) title.

So I was thinking of getting this along with Fire Emblem at the weekend, is it a worth picking up?

Not sure I'll like it, is it just set in the school or is there an area to roam around ala GTA? Might give it a rent to see if I like it.

There is a school and a town to roam around in.

I'm actually liking this more than any of the GTA titles.

It's possibly not a good title to rent though as it takes a good few hours before everything starts opening up and you start to get the really interesting aspects of the title coming together. Again, a bit like GTA I guess.

But really; I'd say anyone that plays this can't help but fall in love with the ideas, settings and overall panache in regards to execution of capturing what school really can be like. A blindingly excellent title with fun combat mechanics, brilliant dialogue (just stand and listen to some of the students conversations), and some of the best bite-size missions this side of GTA.

I really can't promote this game enough.

Tapedeck you've convinced me mate - gonna get this tomorrow!

Should tide me over until Mario Kart!

Damn, I don't know what I should do tomorrow. I'll probably just have enough money to buy either this, No More Heroes, or Fire Emblem. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Damn, I don't know what I should do tomorrow. I'll probably just have enough money to buy either this, No More Heroes, or Fire Emblem. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I guess NMH and this could be similar, 3rd person roaming, humorous. Ends there probably. This is hillarious, a good 20hrs long to complete the main story arc. With an extra 5-10hrs for completists and an extra 10hrs for just aimlessly wandering about enjoying things. It probably doesn't look as good as NMH yet doesn't suffer from any slowdown or popup. It's technically sound...Not astounding. I can't really compare it to FE though.

I guess NMH and this could be similar, 3rd person roaming, humorous. Ends there probably. This is hillarious, a good 20hrs long to complete the main story arc. With an extra 5-10hrs for completists and an extra 10hrs for just aimlessly wandering about enjoying things. It probably doesn't look as good as NMH yet doesn't suffer from any slowdown or popup. It's technically sound...Not astounding. I can't really compare it to FE though.
Unfortunatly, your answer is a wee bit too late. I went out and bought NMH. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Im on 20% on the 2nd chapter , this is great!

though at the moment there are 2 tasks on the radar i just cant seem to find :S I cant figure out what direction they are in m it looks like they are in the town but i can never seem to get any closer to them.

Got this on Friday and I'm enjoying it very much, and spending a lot of time on it. Characters are great, the school grounds and town are fun to explore and completing lesson's are suprisingly fun. Some of the main missions do get repetitve after a few go's, but you do get a classic mission for every 5 samey one you complele. Only negative points are that the fighting system is sometimes unresponsive, some of the Wii motions could be much better (carnival especially) and that the loading times are atrocious at times.

Currently on the 4th chapter. Christmas has been the best scenario so far. Beating up elves and destroying Santa's grotto ftw!

Currently on the 4th chapter. Christmas has been the best scenario so far. Beating up elves and destroying Santa's grotto ftw!

I just did that today. Brilliant fun! The elves lmao!

I loved the christmas music event for the parents too. Playing jingle bells etc on the xylophone was pretty cool and it reminded me of those awful christmas plays done in junior school. And the fat lass as the fairy lololol. All brilliantly written of course!

Has anybody had any problems with Bully crashing on the wii? I bought it a few day ago wasn't gona open it until I had finished writing my dissertation, lucky I did. I can't get past the 1st chapter without it crashing (freezing) the wii, have had to reset it each time. Does this sound like a faulty disc?

sounds like it could be mate , mine doesnt do that and dont think anyone else here has said about that.

if it happens every time , same place then i reckon your right it could be faulty.

:( can u get it exchanged for a wnother one? where did u get it?

sounds like it could be mate , mine doesnt do that and dont think anyone else here has said about that.

if it happens every time , same place then i reckon your right it could be faulty.

:( can u get it exchanged for a wnother one? where did u get it?

I got it from GAME, going to get it exchanged today. No it doesn't happen at the exact same place, but it has appeared each time on or before I get to go outside for the first time after meeting the head master.

Started the game and really loving it, havent got the time to truly stuck into, just wanted to check it out, but I'm really impressed; like the Wii controls and loving the scripting.

Bargain! This is one of my favourite games on Wii. Actually it's one of the most memorable games I've played in years.

Ooh, nice find! This could be fate for me- I almost bought Bully + Splinter Cell in Game at the weekend in their two for £25 range of Wii games.

Was actually one of the titels in my backlog wishlist I was thinking of picking up shortly. IGN gave this a very good review if I recall correctly, so this game probably would've been worth the full price. It's € 30,- in our local stores, not as cheap as £ 10,-, but still pretty cheap.

You should definitely get it for such a cheap price. The Wii controls are brilliant and it's definitely a title you'll never forget. Not since School Daze in the 80's has a school simulator been so awesome! Mind you, it's hardly a popular setting! Shame really as schools can be bloody hilarious. This is better than 20 years of Grange Hill. Hmmm, maybe that's not such a tough thing to best.

Anyhoo, I demand someone gets this title for such a low, low price! It's now or never! :p

I think I've convinced myself to buy ANOTHER copy of the game...

Well well, I for one will avoid the wrath of tapedeck as my copy of Bully has been sent from Play.com. Did anyone else take the plunge...?