NEurope
Teppo Holmqvist

Bully Scholarship Edition

Ups, i tought that was a announcment about the new things of the game, sorry xD

scored 8.0 at ign.. ill pick up the 360 version though as its probably the one to arrive first and probably the cheaper of the two if i know my stores..

I bought it yesterday, and I found it a lot of fun. The controls do take some getting used to, though. The fighting (e.g. boxing) isn't as responsive as the Godfather's, but it works just fine. Tha graphics are nice, but nothing groundbreaking. It has an unusual crisp EDTV-picture, though. But that just might be all in my mind.

I've never played the PS2 or 360-version, so can't compare as to how it plays with a traditional controller (though it's not hard to imagine). But the Wii-controls work just fine.

I bought it yesterday, and I found it a lot of fun. The controls do take some getting used to, though. The fighting (e.g. boxing) isn't as responsive as the Godfather's, but it works just fine. Tha graphics are nice, but nothing groundbreaking. It has an unusual crisp EDTV-picture, though. But that just might be all in my mind.

I've never played the PS2 or 360-version, so can't compare as to how it plays with a traditional controller (though it's not hard to imagine). But the Wii-controls work just fine.

The 360 version is having alot of problems supposadely! Just my luck really, i had to choose between the two and went for the wrong one! :indeed:

Still, i find out in about 2 hours if all these 'problem' comments are true!

Send it back and get the Wii version. I can't believe with a game like Bully you would get the 360 version anyway - ANY wii controls is better than none, extra mini games, it's not about graphics anyway!!!

The 360 version has NO benefits :)

COOKIE: Can you detail the Wii controls. Are the 3rd person controls ala Scarface?

Can you detail the Wii controls. Are the 3rd person controls ala Scarface?

Nope, they are more like Godfather's. It doesn't have the camera control of Scarface. I find the camera control of Scareface better, but it might not be ideal for this game.

Of the top of my head, so they might not be completely accurate:

Wiimote:

Shake: punch with right fist

A - run. Press rapidly to sprint

B - use item/weapon

D-pad left/right - camera control (or context sensitive when lock on to someone)

D-pad up - zoom (handy for manual aiming with the slingshot, etc. Uses motion controls. Think CoD3 with fixes gun. Sometimes confusing, as you can't point too far 'of-screen', but there's no on-screen moving reticle)

D-pad down - jump

-/+ - scroll through items/weapons

1/2 - map/objectives

Nunchuk:

Shake: punch with left fist

Stick: walk around

C: lock on person

Z: action / grab while locked on

Apart from that, there are several motion controls for humiliations, like wedgies, and plenty more techniques. The controls are rather deep, but as always, it's a matter of preference. Some will like traditional controls better.

where did u get yours from,. lot of online shops dont have them in yet

I never buy online. Stores have never failed me (well, apart from Gottlieb Pinball Classics), and there are a lot of stores who don't keep street dates. When a game comes out on Friday, it's not uncommon here to see the game on shelves around tuesday/wednesday.

Picked this up today, a wee brithday treat for myself and I have to say I'm enjoying it. (I never owned nor played Canis Canem Edit).

Firstly I have to say it looks pretty awful without component cables though! The graphics aren't anything special but it oozes atmosphere and I can only see it getting better. The map is MUCH larger than I ever imagined and it's also got solid motion controls. (I can't see where people are having troubles with the music lesson neither). The biology lessons (ala trauma centre) are pretty gruesome and I've pretty much enjoyed all of the other lessons. (Art is a cop out though...should have been better!)

Science in particular makes me hanker for the good old days with the Bunsen Burner!

The social interaction elements and plethora of things to do are also great. I have particularly enjoyed hiding in the lockers (ala MGS) as prefects walk the halls at night with torches. Great, moody stuff.

The only slight concern I have is the loading times. Some are a good 10 seconds (1 mississippi...) and that is only leaving/entering buildings.

And why do developers have to have 3+ start up screens before the main title screen?! Anyways its a good, solid, atmospheric game with nice wii controls which I feel actually enhance the play. Like Cookie said, wedgies etc are pretty good fun to execute and work as expected.

I'm a huge fan of the Godfathers wii controls and this is in a similar vein. Scarface was O.K, yet I found that using the wii-mote IR feature as a camera was off putting, wrist enduring and not as accessible as the D-Pad. This is a welcome return for me then :)

A good recommendation then. Not that we are starved of good Wii games over the next couple of months. Hopefully it wil do well. I can't see why it was primarily ignored on the PS2. Fools.

Is the story any good? Or just a collection of clichés?

i got this on thursday from zavii.com.uk for 29 pounds , I found it a little slow to get into at first which i think reviews have said before , but after a few hours you do get used to the rythem of the game and understand how the structure of it works , at first i was confused and worried about running off and doing my own things and missing objectives and classes and such .

And its got a nice touch of the "warriirors" xbox game rock star made where you can pick up alot of items and use them to attack people or throw .

Fighting is hmm a tad unresponsive but i think its better once you start unlocking new moves .

The mini game lessons are great , alot of them i imagine being quite boring playing on the xbox360 just using a pad and doing button pressing , stuff like biologly class is fun where you use the wii remote to move the knife and cut frog open and stuff , and music class is a little donkey konga drumming the wii and chuck or shaking them for maracacas (sp? ) .

Story wise umm not really sure theres not really been a story too much so far , i think it will take time for it to come im only 5% done .

Anyway recommened if u havent played it yet!

Damn, i spend the money on Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, i still don't have the game and i am liking this game.

Oh snap... well, atleast now i found why its so cool to me have Brawl later ^^, i have time to buy this ^^

Is the story any good? Or just a collection of clichés?

It's actually pretty good. I'm sure you've experienced some Rockstar writings before...it's all pretty memorable (and yes, a little...American Pie, which means the humour keeps you interested just as much as the "when can I leave the school and get a part-time job"). There are so many characters bickering away that the story takes a bit of a backseat at times as you just revel in the social aspects of just wandering around the game world. (Not too dissimilar to GTA then).

10% in now and its Halloween night and everyones walking around in halloween costumes :yay: all the prefects are gone so you can be as violent and naghty as you like :heh:

this is a great game

Halloween is awesome in the game. The massive prank is pretty funny too :)

I've finally escaped the school and I have to say it's fabulous. Skipping school and going to the funfair is particularly good fun. The only shame is the opportunity of motion controls for the carnival games is missing. (The title Carnival Games has some excellent examples).

Otherwise, I'm loving this, even doing simple things like chucking marbles on the floor and watching everyone fly over on them is simply hillarious. Add a ten man brawl and marbles and I was chuckling away to myself. Brilliant, brilliant fun and right up there with my fav wii games.

I have to say, I like this game way better than GTA. Maybe it's just that I have a 'been there, done that'-feeling with the GTA-franchise. I only started playing San Andreas a couple of weeks back, but it's Bully that draws me back every time.

The fighting takes some getting used to, though. But, man/woman, does it feel physical!

The 360 version has NO benefits :)

For me Achievements>>>Waggle :)

Anyway I might aswell post my impressions in here seeing as there isnt a topic for this in the other console board.

I started playing it last night and its a great little game. I spent around 2 hours just running around and getting to know the layout of the area and just when I thought I knew where everything was BANG Chapter 2 unlocked and a whole new area was opened up to me :) Now im just flying around on a bike and I see there is a Carnival in the distance, may check that out later.

The reports about the 360 version being buggy are true but only in regards to the older models. I have an Elite and I havent seen any problems with it so far.

Can someone sum up why I should buy this game in 3 sentences please?

For me Achievements>>>Waggle :)

Anyway I might aswell post my impressions in here seeing as there isnt a topic for this in the other console board.

I started playing it last night and its a great little game. I spent around 2 hours just running around and getting to know the layout of the area and just when I thought I knew where everything was BANG Chapter 2 unlocked and a whole new area was opened up to me :) Now im just flying around on a bike and I see there is a Carnival in the distance, may check that out later.

The reports about the 360 version being buggy are true but only in regards to the older models. I have an Elite and I havent seen any problems with it so far.

Yeah i've had no problems either, touch wood! It's a great game!

Can someone sum up why I should buy this game in 3 sentences please?

It's.

Teh.

Rox*.

Seriously, I was dating two girls in-game and one saw the other kissing my character, a full on bitch fight ensued!! Slaps, taunts and all. It all ended as I cracked one girl over the head with a skateboard, chased the other one, stuffing her into a dustbin before the prefect took one in the shins for chasing me.

If that doesn't sound like fun (and normal) you're dead inside.

Your impression's have impressed me. :)

Have ordered a copy for myself off Play.com. It's gonna feel like Christmas for me in a few days with this, No More Heroes and possibly Brawl.

It's.

Teh.

Rox*.

Seriously, I was dating two girls in-game and one saw the other kissing my character, a full on bitch fight ensued!! Slaps, taunts and all. It all ended as I cracked one girl over the head with a skateboard, chased the other one, stuffing her into a dustbin before the prefect took one in the shins for chasing me.

If that doesn't sound like fun (and normal) you're dead inside.

I did that the other night except it was with a guy and a girl. I gave the girl some flowers and kissed her and then I had to make out with 25 guys for an achievement. So I gave a guy some flowers and started snogging him, the girl seen this and slapped me and then beat the guy up :)

I spent alot of time collecting stuff last night such as Gnomes, Cards and Rubber Bands, wasnt half as tedious as I thought it would be. I also just finished Chapter 2 and seen that its Christmas in Chapter 3!

Does anyone else feel sorry for Pete? I really feel for the kid and I hope I get to beat the hell out of Gary!

Does anyone else feel sorry for Pete? I really feel for the kid and I hope I get to beat the hell out of Gary!

Kissing guys?! Think I'll skip that one lol.

Gary annoys the hell out of me. Reminds me of that one kid at school that all the ladies liked because he was a tw*t. Can't wait to kick seven bells of christmas out of him. Oh, I couldn't stop laughing when Pete was in his bunny suit on Halloween. He is so camp it's side splitting lol.

I feel you. I hope Gary gets what he has comin', and gets it real good!

N-Europe's White Knights ahoy!