NEurope
Teppo Holmqvist

Bully Scholarship Edition

Five ways we'd like use the Wii-mote to give bullies grief in Bully

With the official news that Rockstar is planning to bring Bully: Scholarship Edition to Wii and Xbox 360 this winter, we've done what we always do when we hear of a new Wii port - try and work out how they'll make imaginative use of the Wii-mote.

Here's five ways we'd like to see it utilized in Bully...

catapult--screenshot_large.jpg

1. Aiming and firing the catapult

Not unlike the bow and arrow dynamic in Zelda: Twilight Princess, you aim with the Wii-mote and then pull back the nunchuk, before pressing the A button to release your projectile with a satisfying elastic twang. One nerd now has rotten egg on his face.

baseball.jpg

2. Hitting bullies with the baseball bat

This one's simple - swing the Wii-mote back (making sure not to swat the mantelpiece in the process) and let loose with a forward motion getting as much purchase on the recipient's ass as possible.

go-kart.jpg

3. Riding the bike/go-kart

Another no-brainer this: in a sitting position hold the Wii-mote horizontally and use it as a steering wheel during the go-kart races. Can also double up as pushbike and motorcycle handlebars, and it would be a great touch if they mapped the bell to the A button.

toilet_flush.jpg

4. Flushing bullies heads down the toilet

A fairly complex ambidextrous operation which involves using the Wii-mote as the hand holding the head in the bowl and the free hand to pull the flush repeatedly. We'd like to see this as a special move only available to Jimmy after practice.

flowers.jpg

5. Giving flowers to girls (or nerds)

Perhaps the most straightforward move of the lot (and the least bully-like) the move involves holding the Wii-mote behind your back and then at the killer moment whipping it out in front of you, presenting the girl with a bouquet. Extra marks should be awarded for timing and smoothness of motion.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007072014354846019&releaseId=20070720104531864036

Shouldn't the kid be totally covered by the ratings label?

In Australia, the case is the ratings label.

Is the game called bully now instead of Canis Canem Edit for Pal territories?

guess it is a case of whether or not it gets campaigned against again. Hopefully they will have realised that the game doesn't 100% glamorize bullying and rather shows a multi layered approach with the player actually helping out some of the school "minorities" against the bullies...

guess it is a case of whether or not it gets campaigned against again. Hopefully they will have realised that the game doesn't 100% glamorize bullying and rather shows a multi layered approach with the player actually helping out some of the school "minorities" against the bullies...

I doubt that very much. Especially if they do have more "real life" control methods like theorised above. Stupid parents will be like "OMG You can actually hittor peoples!"

I think it's Feb 2008 guys! Last i heard, but that could be internet rumours.

We haven't heard anything about the game, so thats probably right.

theres n update on the main news page which says there will be additional thing to unlock like clothes,levels plus theres gonna be 2 player games in it!: peace: does anyone know what they are ? or have any ideas what they could be

Since the game's release is close (March 7 if there are no delays), let's top this. Anyone here played this game before? It seems like a nice game to add to the collection, but after watching some videos earlier doubts overcame me.

You see, the thing is this pretty much is a US universe, the kind you see in Hollywood teen comedies like American Pie and the likes. Schools where I live, and I imagine the most of Europe, are nothing like the ones depicted in movies and in this game. To be honest I personally hate that environment, what with all the stupid "jocks", "greasers", "nerds", etc. So, I became a bit worried about acquiring this game.

What do the rest of you fellow Euros have to say about this game? :)

Exactly, my school has nothing to do with the American Teen Spirit lol

Preordered the 360 version of this, it seems you can only use the wii-mote to punch (and in some multiplayer games), which is excellent but no-where near as much intergration as i originally thought when it was first announced.

Unless i've missed something....

Since the game's release is close (March 7 if there are no delays), let's top this. Anyone here played this game before? It seems like a nice game to add to the collection, but after watching some videos earlier doubts overcame me.

You see, the thing is this pretty much is a US universe, the kind you see in Hollywood teen comedies like American Pie and the likes. Schools where I live, and I imagine the most of Europe, are nothing like the ones depicted in movies and in this game. To be honest I personally hate that environment, what with all the stupid "jocks", "greasers", "nerds", etc. So, I became a bit worried about acquiring this game.

What do the rest of you fellow Euros have to say about this game? :)

Nothing exciting ever happened at my secondary school, so I think it will be pretty fun to experience this game, and I for one enjoyed my time at school, so it will be intresting to see how American school life compares to UK school life.

Will defintley be picking this up soon.

well ive ordered a copy , 29 pounds from zavii..or zowie....or something like that :blank: hope its good :smile:

ign gave it 8 :) they said its v good but the graphics are only slighlty better than ps2 bully, still the wii controls means ill be buying it on wii over my 360 :)

I'm getting this on Friday for 360 too. The Wii controls seem to gimmicky for me. Looking forward too it though, looks like a good laugh.

I'm getting this on Friday for 360 too. The Wii controls seem to gimmicky for me. Looking forward too it though, looks like a good laugh.

i ment im buying it on wii , rather than 360, the wii controls look ace, gameplay looks better on wii with the mini games too, id rather have fun controls over better graphics and basic controls

i ment im buying it on wii , rather than 360, the wii controls look ace, gameplay looks better on wii with the mini games too, id rather have fun controls over better graphics and basic controls

I kinda agree with you, but the Wii controls are only for punching and for a biology mini-game, i was expecting so much more..perhaps i was asking too much, but for his sling-shot for example, why didn't they use the nunchuck and wii-mote and you actually perform a move to use it?! Missed opportunity in my opinion!

Doesn't the game control like Scarface then? I thought you'd control it by pointing - similar to FPS. I'm going to get this game eventually, really liked what I played on the PS2, but I'm gonna wait for a quiet patch of gaming (if there ever is one)

Owen... :X

Thats exactly what i meant, it didn't happen though...did it?

If it did happen, i'll probably get the Wii version.