NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Rockstar's Table Tennis heads to Wii.

From eurogamer...

Rockstar's Table Tennis game is heading to Nintendo Wii this autumn.

Developed by Rockstar Leeds (aye) in collaboration with Rockstar San Diego (yo), "Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis" will presumably use the Wiimote like a table tennis racket.

Advertisement

"Ever since we released Table Tennis, fans have been asking us to create a Wii version," Rockstar's Sam Houser said.

"By bringing Table Tennis to the Wii and utilising the motion-sensitive Wii Remote, a new audience can now experience a game that is beautifully designed and impossible to put down."

Cool cool, I tried to play Table Tennis once, but it was just too weird without the wiimote.

Huzzah! Should be great!

What about Tennis next please?

Somebody needs to make a REAL tennis game not table tennis.

Actually I'm surprised those kinds of sports sims are so slow in coming. They could make an absolute bomb with a decent tennis or boxing sim.

Brilliant! And hopefully, if this sells well, maybe we'll get a Wii version of GTAIV.

I hope not.

Out of interest am I the only who's noticed that the only people who tend to look at GTA in shops are 12 year olds and chavs?

I hope not.

Out of interest am I the only who's noticed that the only people who tend to look at GTA in shops are 12 year olds and chavs?

Seeing as how it's one of the most popular series in recent years, I'm willing to bet lots of all kinds of different people look at GTA in shops. Hell, I'll bet some even buy it sometimes too.

Good news. I was good on the 360.

I suppose it might work well with the wiimote. But you could get crazy spins with the pad because it was just a button combo. I can see many frustrated customers saying it'll be unresponsive to some of the motions they do. I'll bet you my glasses someone will say that or something along the lines of.

I can see many frustrated customers saying it'll be unresponsive to some of the motions they do. I'll bet you my glasses some loser will say that or something along the lines of.
Fixed, and agreed :heh:

some of the ball physics on the 360 version are outstanding. I don't think that will be possible on the Wii version.

I played this on a 360 in GAME last Summer. I found it very boring. All that I had to do was press a certain button over, and over,and over and over again.

I hope the Wii version will be something that might grab my intrest. 3Did the 360 version have an online mode?

Yeah, it had an online mode. It's quite unbalanced me thinks.

You've got power characters who'll push you out wide, which everyone was when I played it. There's no point using the all around against power, because you just can't win.

Then there's the spin characters who I never saw used online.

I love the Table Tennis game. :)

Glad to see it's coming to the Wii where i think it will work better.

This game needs Wii controls (as long as they work) :D

This game was a great graphical showcase, no doubt it'll look far worse on the Wii.

Control wise? I trust Rockstar will do a great job on that front, but lets hope they balance up the characters abit, and they put the difficulty down. I broke a small section of my 360 controller because of the frustration.

Yeah, it had an online mode. It's quite unbalanced me thinks.

You've got power characters who'll push you out wide, which everyone was when I played it. There's no point using the all around against power, because you just can't win.

Then there's the spin characters who I never saw used online.

This game was a great graphical showcase, no doubt it'll look far worse on the Wii.

Control wise? I trust Rockstar will do a great job on that front, but lets hope they balance up the characters abit, and they put the difficulty down. I broke a small section of my 360 controller because of the frustration.

It sounds like Mario Strikers in Table tennis form.

With friend codes and the like I doubt it wouldn't be like mario strikers.

Sega is crazy for not doing a port of VT3. It runs easy at 1080p on PS3/X360, so I guess they could do a non-HD version on Wii without degrading the graphics.

Can you decapitate your opponent with hard balls?

i doubt this will be like wii tennis. think it will use the nunchunk and skakey remote like sword fighting in zelda

"Rockstar Games new release blamed for killing of a teenage boy yesterday. The boy, 15, spent all day everyday in his room playing" (hey guys, whats the new Rockstar game called, we need to blame this death on it) "all day everyday playing Rockstar presents Table Tennis alone in his dark bedroom. It is believed this title pulled the trigger in his mind and made him carry out this senseless act of violence as he violently attacked a young boy with a pingpong ball."

Rockstar should buy Nintendo so they start listening to their fans too.

See I don't think the graphics will suck that much on the Wii. The relatively small environment means they can push the system without having to worry about a huge environment.