NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Chris the great

Bloody Amazon fake games

OK, so I ordered FFV for GBA off amazon, paying about £15 for a boxed like new copy with the instructions.

This morning I recive it, only to find its a fake. The box was flat packed and clearly not offical, lacking both the Nintendo logo or seal of quality, the CE was also missing.

The cartridge itself is fairly convincing, although that too lacks logo, seal of quality or CE. It also feels a tiny bit bigger, getting slightly more resistance when put in the slot.

As for the game, when loaded the first thing I noticed was the healt and safty warning, which was entierly black and white which isn't right.

I've contacted the seller but I doubt they will do much.

Contact Amazon instead...or maybe even Nintendo? Surely selling fake goods is illegal.

Yeh.. has to be illegal surely :hmm: I agree with getting in contact with Amazon. I certainly wouldn't settle for that.

If they're copying the rom onto a pirate cart why on earth would they go to the trouble of changing the health and safety screen?

The CE mark is only a European thing by the way, so if it's an American cart it wouldn't have one.

I tried contacting Amazon once when I recieved a pirated copy of an anime boxset. All they told me was that it isnt their business to deal with the marketplace customers!

Sent them a reply mentioning the fact that if someones selling illegal goods on their site its obviously gonna come back to them but I didnt get a response.

well, im aware the CE logo isn't necicary, but the nintendo logo and seal of quality are.

I had the same problem on eBay, i contacted the seller and they gave me a full refund, so i got a copy og the minnish cap for free. I e-mailed nintendo about it aswell, didn't get a reply, no thanks for your concern but its not a problem, nothing.

still, people are fairly deffencive of their seller status, I could easily call them pirates on thier and make em worry.

I tried contacting Amazon once when I recieved a pirated copy of an anime boxset. All they told me was that it isnt their business to deal with the marketplace customers!

Sent them a reply mentioning the fact that if someones selling illegal goods on their site its obviously gonna come back to them but I didnt get a response.

..time to get on to a higher power.. wherever that happens to be..

well, im aware the CE logo isn't necicary, but the nintendo logo and seal of quality are.

I had the same problem on eBay, i contacted the seller and they gave me a full refund, so i got a copy og the minnish cap for free. I e-mailed nintendo about it aswell, didn't get a reply, no thanks for your concern but its not a problem, nothing.

still, people are fairly deffencive of their seller status, I could easily call them pirates on thier and make em worry.

If Nintendo are going to reply it will take at least 3 days from my experiences of emailing them.

I can only say what's been said before - contact amazon and the seller directly. I'd email Nintendo as well and maybe even your local police force if nothing comes from any other avenue, as a last resort mind...

I got the same from an ebay product I bought. I got Minish Cap a long time ago. The box was flat and the cartridge was thicker than a normal one.

I could tell because when trying to put it in the old ds, it had that thin flimsy bit of plastic at the GBA cartridge bit, that stuck out a bit and also it took some effort to pull it out.

The game worked well though.

Contact amazon like others have said.

Think thats bad? I once ordered a copy of Fight Night Round 3 for 360 off Amazon Marketplace.

I got sent a copy: My 360 didn't read it, because it was scratched to fuck.

I sent it back, they sent me another, it was another fucked disc and this one actually broke my 360.

I emailed Amazon and got my money back. Never buy from Amazon Marketplace, ever.

well, the email i sent to nintendo was about minish cap, i sent it about 2 years ago and still no reply.

I thought i'd made it clear it was from the market place, cos amazon don't sell like new, they sell new, but i realise this may have been confusing.

its certainly put me off using marketplace for games, though it should still be ok for books. I'm waiting for a reply from the seller before i contact amazon themselves.

I emailed Amazon and got my money back. Never buy from Amazon Marketplace, ever.

I buy my SD cards for my family's cameras and my MP3 player off one seller, but I trust them as I use them regularly. I never buy games from Ebay or Amazon Market place, though.

I was sold a pirated version of Wario Ware while on holiday in Spain...still worked fine though.

I must admit, I've never had problems with the amazon marketplace. I ordered a copy of Vexx for the gamecube off there about 6 weeks ago, worked perfectly fine, definitely not an illegal copy, manual stank of cigarette smoke, but otherwise it was perfectly fine. I guess I'm in a minority there, then.

I've had only one problem with Marketplace, but I got my money back. I only get my shizzle off people with pr0 good reviews.

I bought a Compact flashc ard and reader off the marketplace and had no problems with it, but that's just 1 case.

Yeah I mean the problem I had with the marketplace was the only one and I still buy things off there occassionally. I just make sure I check their reviews beforehand.

I've been using it more recently to buy books on videogames to help with my dissertation, because I'm not paying £30 for a book when I can get it for £12, or even less.

This instance was where my only problem stemmed from, the lying gits.

I've been using it more recently to buy books on videogames to help with my dissertation, because I'm not paying £30 for a book when I can get it for £12, or even less.

This instance was where my only problem stemmed from, the lying gits.

I bought my Uni books off market place, at least 50% cheaper.

The games aren't legal, but those "copies" of anime boxsets you're talking about are legal. The thing is... they're only legal in hong-kong, the thaliand and so on. But they're not pirate, they're just lower quality editions.

I've bought a memory stick, creative zen v, 3 games and probably more (my memory sucks) off the marketplace. Had 0 problems.

The only problem I've had is I bought Ridge Racer 7 and when I received it, the box and manual were in Japanese, even though there was no mention of it on the site. Still, the game's in 100% English, that's the main thing.

Sign in to follow this