NEurope
Cube

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

I wasn't having a go at you ... or anyone who thinks the zapper is rubbish. I'm more on about the people who moan about it being JUST a shell, like thats what makes it crap! People dont like it fair enough, people think it adds more emmersion than just the wiimote, great. But people complaining that nintendo have just made a shell to put it in is just ridiculous.

Hmm.... My whole point was that the Zapper is absolutely, completely, utterly useless and pointless. And what triggered my post was mainly statements like the following by steggy:

This implies that steggy, and other people I reckon, actually think the Zapper is more than a shell. I don't know what they think it is, but apparently there is an impression that the Wii actually knows whether you're using one or not and that it might actually be needed to play certain modes of some games. Well, it doesn't and it isn't.

The Wiimote is brilliant on its own and that's why I think "the Zapper is just plain shit" and not needed.

And yes, I do think the same of all the other shells that have come out thus far, including tennis rackets, golf clubs, steering wheels, etc.

Nintendo have been winning with me since 1989, that's how long I'm a fan of the company, probably longer than at least 70-80% of the members of this forum. Saying and thinking the Wii Zapper is just a shitty needless piece of plastic does not make me any less of a fan than I've been for the past 18 years, thank you very much.

Yep I know it's just a shell, but I guess they'd still be an option in the main campain of MoH to say if your using the zapper or not. Otherwise you'll have to hold the whole zapper up on your shoulder to use the rocket launcher.

And talk from the producer of the game seems to suggest that they'll be multiplayer games setup for just zapper users.

source:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3cnzr_medal-of-honor-heroes-2-developer-i_videogames

IGN review... 8.4 Impressive...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/833/833766p1.html

my fav expert:

I added Medal of Honor Heroes 2 to my collection for an entirely different reason: it controls better than any other home console FPS ever -- and yes, as Boz noted, that includes Prime 3.

We've all become so focused on the next big leap in graphics that we sometimes forget that very few innovations have been introduced to home console-based first-person shooter control. For as good as the console version of Call of Duty 4 looks, the controls in Medal of Honor Heroes 2 absolutely spank it

I'm getting this! 32 player online with such control is what I want this game for, no other reason!

Hmm.. I think i will make this game my first online game for the Wii.. love a good shooter.. and finally getting to shoot some "real people" online on a nintendo system will be a blast..

I might pick this up since Zack and Wiki is delayed and my Wii needs more games. It's fantastic how it's surpassed Metroid Prime 3, after playing that I'm having problems with the sluggishness of dual analog with FPS's on the 360 now.

I can't imagine what it'll be like after playing MoH: Heroes 2 now.

Knew IGN would score it well!

I'm buying it for the single player aspects with the 32 online play as a huge added bonus! :D

Excellent review. Still on for a 30th of November release in the UK I hope?

I believe it's December 7th in the UK. Could be wrong though!

I still would have scored it down for lack of split screen though.

Thats the main reason im not getting it.

How can you have an FPS with no Split-screen!. Its ridiculous.

Anyone planning on doing an online tourney for this game? Would love to comepete in one, but not organise one :wink:

Thats the main reason im not getting it.

How can you have an FPS with no Split-screen!. Its ridiculous.

Errrmmmm, when you play single player... a split screen is just weird!!

Does it have multiplayer in the Arcade mode? Like, two reticles on one screen?

Does it have multiplayer in the Arcade mode? Like, two reticles on one screen?

Does it have any non-online multiplayer?

Has this really been delayed till Feb 8th 2008?!!!

Thats what GAME and Gameplay are saying...surely not?

If this is delayed I'm going to be really sadface. I was really looking forward to this.

GAME have now emailed me stating the date has indeed changed to Feb 8th 2008.

God damn! Why so long? I wanted to use this game with the Zapper at christmas!

They've done it before with The Orange Box on the 360 they changed the release date from 19th October to 16th November, then changed it back a couple of days later. It might happen again. Both games are published by EA ironically.

So another game hits next year and further proof that Nintendo are struggling to cope with demand for discs...surely it is time they give up sole production and allow developers to seek their own means of printing discs?

Man this sucks was looking forward to this game too - would have been 3 games bought in 3 weeks - Mariio, Guitar Hero and Medal of Honour.

The 32 player online part of this game looks amazing - we could have formed an n-europe team!

Some sites are still stating 30th November release date but I reckon it will be a February release which sucks.

Hmmm might have to buy umbrella chronicles instead then!

Man this sucks was looking forward to this game too - would have been 3 games bought in 3 weeks - Mariio, Guitar Hero and Medal of Honour.

The 32 player online part of this game looks amazing - we could have formed an n-europe team!

Some sites are still stating 30th November release date but I reckon it will be a February release which sucks.

Hmmm might have to buy umbrella chronicles instead then!

Thats probably the main reason it 'could' be delayed....if you buy the zapper it's obvious RE: UC will be the gun game you buy with it....

It still may not be delayed people! Hopefully not, but theres alot of contridictions on the shops etc...Only Play.com has 30/11/07 release date now though.