NEurope
Cube

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

32 player online, new story mode and an on-rails bonus mode. Bad news is it's also on the PSP.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10862

News: Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Now Official

Posted by Cube - Jul 17th 2007 18:58

A new WW2 FPS adventure featuring a 32-player online mode has been announced by EA...

Electronic Arts has officially announced Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for PSP and Wii.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is the sequel to the original Medal of Honor Heroes on the PSP, where players took control of the main characters from previous Medal of Honor games in all-new levels. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 changes this - the game takes place on the June 6th, 1944, and you take the role of OSS Operative John Berg.

We've actually known about this game for a while - it featured on retail lists a while back, and Reggie mentioned it twice in their E3 press conference, but simply called it "Medal of Honor for the Wii" - it was mentioned as examples for both online and the Wii Zapper.

The sequel gives us a brand new World War 2 Single-player campaign, but the main feature this time is the online. Online will have support for up to 32 players, and features a "continuous-joining†style of play - players can pop in and out of the game as they please.

As for the Wii Zapper, the Wii version of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 features an extra mode designed for especially for it - an "old school"-style on-rails shooter.

32 player online, new story mode and an on-rails bonus mode. Bad news is it's also on the PSP.

A 32 player online game for the Wii, who can complain. Could be good.

yeah the only bad thing could be the fact it is set for PSP as well, means we could end up with some dodgy graphics...

yeah the only bad thing could be the fact it is set for PSP as well, means we could end up with some dodgy graphics...

well yup, but did you see the graphics in the e3 video (short clip)? They weren't so bad as far as I can remember.

Anyways, if enough people play it online, maybe we'll get more online games for the Wii, which can only be a good thing.

A 32 player online game for the Wii, who can complain. Good be good.

Yea. I was starting to get worried that Wii Online was limited to only 2 consoles connected (like Mario Strikers, Madden, FIFA and NBA, where 2v2, and 4v4 for NBA, requires 2 or 4 people at each console).

Good to know that PC-style online is possible.

Why PSP? WHY!?!? :shakehead

I sure hope EA doesn't make a port graphically. although I suspect they will, at least PSP roots will remain... >_>

well yup, but did you see the graphics in the e3 video (short clip)? They weren't so bad as far as I can remember.
Haven't seen them.

Online alone temps me to get this.It really needs VOIP,then if there aren't any other online FPS i'll buy this.But again,a VOIP is a must have for this.

Judging by how long it takes to connect to the Wii Shop Channel alone (defeating the object of WiiConnect24's 'always on' feature) I'd imagine the lag on a 32-player online game would be horrendous. It's excellent to see the support though.

Judging by how long it takes to connect to the Wii Shop Channel alone (defeating the object of WiiConnect24's 'always on' feature) I'd imagine the lag on a 32-player online game would be horrendous. It's excellent to see the support though.

Ha Ha I feel what your saying. browsing the shop is painful!!

it is good EA are giving this kind of support but I do worry about the graphics.

Maybe the game is turn based :heh:

Player can pop in an out of games as they like. Ok, sounds good, but if there is lag problems, I hope we have the option to have 4 player, 6 player etc games, instead of just these 32 player games it states.

It'll likely use EA's servers, not Nintendos

yeah was gonna say that...

Isn't this what happens with EA's 360 games.

Watched that movie, not really the greatest quality hard to gauge really.

I hope so.I have no experience with EA or what other developers are like,but with EA's other games they probably use EA's server right?

So maybe we don't friend codes if we can just enter and exit at will,especially if it's 32 players.

I hope so.I have no experience with EA or what other developers are like,but with EA's other games they probably use EA's server right?

So maybe we don't friend codes if we can just enter and exit at will,especially if it's 32 players.

yeah I'm sure EA have said in the past in relation to Madden that they didn't plan on using friend codes...

yeah I'm sure EA have said in the past in relation to Madden that they didn't plan on using friend codes...

Cool,happy to hear that :D

Hopefully a decent quality video while pop-up at somepoint.

hurray for psp ports, this is next gen!

seriously though 32 player is pretty damm cool

The premise of this game sounds interesting. True, it's another WWII FPS game, which is so... 2006 :P

What makes this interesting is the 32P online multiplayer, plus you can drop in and out at will, which is awesome. From what i can remember from the E3 conference, the graphics weren't that hot. Hopefully it'll improve over time. Is it a PSP game one Wii or Wii game on PSP? :P

The on-rails part sounds interesting and a welcome addition. Hopefully the FPS controls are good.

So instead of a psp port we're getting a psp sequel...?

next gen ftw!

Nice to see more online games for Wii!

I hope the controls will be better than medal of honor Vanguard..

A 32 player online game for the Wii, who can complain. Could be good.

Me! lol

No seriously, that sounds great! :grin:

32 players online is a hefty sum and could be total mayhem! The first MOH:H wasn't too bad supposadely, so hopefully they will fix any problems the first one had and give it more of a polish and it should be great!

People who are worried about lag etc, isn't that down to the servers?

I'm sure EA won't mess that up - they have plenty of money.