NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy Retrospective

Yeah I watched that this morning, good watch. I enjoyed their Zelda Retrospectives so I look forward to the next parts of this.

They better not say FF8 is crap, I get so annoyed when people cannot see this game's greatness!

I was wondering that myself but I figured it might get uploaded sometime tonight.

That'd be nice, I thought that part one went up last weekend but was it actually Monday night? I just fancied something to watch and I searched their site but turned up nothing. :hmm:

That was great! H-o-T are you going to update this with the link for each one? or do we nkow if its a periodical update? :)

Thanks for the link Darksnowman, added it to the first post and im gonna watch it now as I just got in from work.

Just watched it, good stuff. Twas nice to see FF II which I really like as a game despite its weird levelling up system! And very fun to hear about and see the original FF III.

I'm looking forward to FF IV and t'other Snes ones getting some coverage next week! :hehe:

I love FFVII and once I've done my current run through on PC I'm going to buy a PS2 for FF8 and the rest. I always get confused with what FF games are what... for FFIII in the US wasn't actually FFIII... and what not.

I think the US Final Fantasy III was actually Final Fantasy VI in Japan, although I'm not certain on that!

Just watched them and it's made me want to play the whole damn series, even after 2 episodes, oh well, at least with Square Enix's remake policy there'll always be a fresh copy of each game available!

I think the US Final Fantasy III was actually Final Fantasy VI in Japan, although I'm not certain on that!

Just watched them and it's made me want to play the whole damn series, even after 2 episodes, oh well, at least with Square Enix's remake policy there'll always be a fresh copy of each game available!

I should check this out before posting, but, is the Jap and USA FF I the same... then it gets murky: Japan get FF II and III but actually, for the USA it became that their FFII was the Snes FFIV. So if you continue along that, the Japan Snes FF IV, V and VI were actually FF II - IV for the rest of us? Its a weird concept lol.

Have you played them all already Edd? Lol, I'm a Final Fantasy newb even though I try to get involved in the FF chatter. No Playstation of any kind has limited my knowledge of the series, I have some experience (geddit? RPG... experience...!!) with FF VII which is lucky seeing as its so loved.

For me, a reissuing of the PSOne games on DS would be ideal.

Final Fantasy III is the first one I've ever played, but I've always said to myself that I'm gonna play them all. Honestly, although people go on about Square Enix's remake policy being a bad thing, it's perfect for me as it means I'll most likely be able to play them all without forking out for old consoles!

Final Fantasy III is the first one I've ever played, but I've always said to myself that I'm gonna play them all. Honestly, although people go on about Square Enix's remake policy being a bad thing, it's perfect for me as it means I'll most likely be able to play them all without forking out for old consoles!

Is that the recent one that just came out or are you on about the orignal in japanese O.o?

I've now played dawn of souls (I and II remake) and after watching the first part I want to go play again knowing that it was their last chance before they went bankrupt and yet they mae such a great game!!

Whoa Eddage, I thought you would've played them all! I would never have thought that FF III was your first foray into the series! Anyway, you should really get to picking up Dawn of Souls and the other GBA releases. Twould be well worth your while!

To clear up some confusion, the Jap-US Final Fantasy relation is:

-FF1: Came out normally in both regions. Later remade for GBA, PS1 and PSP.

-FF2: Japan only. Later remade for GBA, PS1 and PSP and launched in the US.

-FF3: Japan only. Later remade in 3D for DS and launched in the US.

-FF4: Called FF4 in Japan. Came out as FF2 in the US. Later remade for GBA and PS1.

-FF5: Japan only. Later remade for GBA and PS1 and launched in the US.

-FF6: Called FF6 in Japan. Came out as FF3 in the US. Later remade for GBA and PS1.

From FF7 forward, the names and releases were corrected and saw no more confusion.

Note: I didn't mention Europe since I don't have much information on that. However, the naming system remains the same as in the US.

Whoa Eddage, I thought you would've played them all! I would never have thought that FF III was your first foray into the series! Anyway, you should really get to picking up Dawn of Souls and the other GBA releases. Twould be well worth your while!

I know, I keep meaning too but the fact that they're rather long games and I like to try and do everything in a game (or as much as I can) means that it would take a bloody eternity!

Also a current lack of money and a seemingly constant work life (doing all 7 days this week, Monday to Sunday) means that I hardly have much spare time and when I do I'm usually too tired and just wanna watch a dvd or something!

How much could I get Dawn of Souls for these days? (See, I'm even too lazy to look that up! :heh:)

So should i get FF + FF2 on GBA or PSP?

Really struggling to decide.

So should i get FF + FF2 on GBA or PSP?

Really struggling to decide.

PSP seems to have the prettier and more polished versions. They even have FMVs. Plus, it has more extras the the GBA one.

Besides, I've played FF1 in the GBA and is kinda boring (and the constant random battles certainly didn't help). Maybe the PSP version is more interesting (for the reasons listed above).

PSP seems to have the prettier and more polished versions. They even have FMVs. Plus, it has more extras the the GBA one.

Besides, I've played FF1 in the GBA and is kinda boring (and the constant random battles certainly didn't help). Maybe the PSP version is more interesting (for the reasons listed above).

Thats what i thought, but is high res enemy artwork worth paying for them both separately. . . hmmm. I will probably get the PSP ones if only for a use for the black beauty.

Sign in to follow this