NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Games you Hate, But everyone else loves

Super Smash Bros for me.

Think it's the most overhyped and overrated game in the entire history of the universe.

Well, maybe I don't feel that strongly, but I just do not like the game. I think it degenerates into a button bashing extravaganza, i can't tell what the hell is going on, one minute I'm happily plodding along, the next I'm flying off the screen because the camera zoomed way out and I can't see anything or even where the hell I am anymore.

Some would call it frantic, I would call it a massive clusterfuck.

Maybe it's cos it makes me feel old that I just can't follow the action!!

Well, maybe I don't feel that strongly, but I just do not like the game. I think it degenerates into a button bashing extravaganza, i can't tell what the hell is going on, one minute I'm happily plodding along, the next I'm flying off the screen because the camera zoomed way out and I can't see anything or even where the hell I am anymore.

Trust me, it's a LOT more in-depth than mindless button bashing! :P Though I find it extremely hard to get new players in to the game, trying to explain all of the controls etc. It takes a while of single player action to get the controls and understand the game.

I respect your opinion though.

For me, it has to be Gran Turismo, FIFA/Pro Evo, and...well, I guess Pikmin. I didn't get that game at all.

Well, I think that my dislike for the game started when I tried to learn all the moves, and thinking I was dead good, challenged my then-wife to a game and she trounced me by just mashing the buttons, and it was her first go at it.

Then again, I just do not like fighting games. Didn't like strategy games much either, but loved Pikmin, so I bought SSBM to see if Nintendo could get me to enjoy a fighting game too, but I just didn't feel the love I'm afraid!!!

Super Smash Bros for me.

Think it's the most overhyped and overrated game in the entire history of the universe.

Some would call it frantic, I would call it a massive clusterfuck.

Maybe it's cos it makes me feel old that I just can't follow the action!!

Probably because you're playing with noobs and with items. Trust me, the game has so much depth it's incredible.

Gran Turismo. Any real life car game I can't stand, I don't know why because I like cars and stuff, but it just bores me so much.

And also the sims. I kind of liked the 1player mission style games on the ps2 version because it had an objective. I never understood how people can just sit and make houses all day like my sister. I just can't think why that would be so fun.

Gran Turismo. Any real life car game I can't stand, I don't know why because I like cars and stuff, but it just bores me so much.

And also the sims. I kind of liked the 1player mission style games on the ps2 version because it had an objective. I never understood how people can just sit and make houses all day like my sister. I just can't think why that would be so fun.

I'll second both those!

I dislike...

Metroid Prime - It just got boring.

Any Football games - I hate football anyway, so it's natch I hate the games too.

Daikatana - Does it really need explaining? :P

Legend of Zelda - I just can't get into them.

Battlefield series - OK, so I can stand them sometimes, but it always used to be the game my mates wanted to play at our local lan arena, it got too overplayed imo.

WoW - It's over-rated!!

Most tactical FPS games - I just pefer first person shooters with heavy action sequences, not tactical stuff like the Tom Clancy games, they're too slow for me.

Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles - I'm a fan of the series, but this game was just too repetitive and booooring. Plus the dub voices are (mostly) terrible.

bioshock has to be added to my list!

Was just about to post that too.....even though I don't have a 360 yet, this game does not appeal to me at all. I don't get what everyone is banging on about. It just looks like an ordinary atmospheric FPS to me. Nothing special at all. :heh:

Won't be getting it when I get my Elite!

Was just about to post that too.....even though I don't have a 360 yet, this game does not appeal to me at all. I don't get what everyone is banging on about. It just looks like an ordinary atmospheric FPS to me. Nothing special at all. :heh:

Won't be getting it when I get my Elite!

Elite ay?! nice:awesome:

Yeah i dont see what all the fuss is about either. Played the demo and hated it, which is funny becuase i was gonna buy it before i played the demo. Thank god for demos.

I think its just one of those things. It got some early hype, then some good early hands on reports, then a couple of good reviews, now all the sites give it 100/10 just to be politically correct i think.

Haha thats 2 threads now I've said what you'd have said :p

What can I say, great minds think alike!! :heh:

bioshock has to be added to my list!

I don't hate it but I certainly don't love it.

final fantasy: dont hate it - just cant abide playing it.... turn-based games where you get ambushed into battle every 3 paces make me feel all homocidal...

grand theft auto: okok so i havent played it - but the deep-routed hatred stems from having to sell this game to idiot parents while their smug little six-year-old looks up at me like 'hah... nyeeeh:heh: ' and i look down at them with the fire in my eyes that says 'GOD if this counter wasnt here i'd snap you...' (i perfected 'that look' during my time at gamestation ~ so much so that if i see a kid in any shop acting up now i can silence it with my glaaaaare... damn i'm pretty evil O_o)

harvest moon DS: :zzz:

Geometry Wars...I just don't find it fun...

really.... wow. But anyways Guitar Hero. I HATE it. HHHHAAAAAATTTTTTEEEE!!!!

You can hardly abse opinion on a game frome

A: A 15 minute demo

B: Not even playing it!

Metal Gear Solid. Played one, can't remember which. Hated the camera angle - third person and also got part way through and then couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do next. Was just wandering round a forest like a loon.

Metal Gear Solid. Played one, can't remember which. Hated the camera angle - third person and also got part way through and then couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do next. Was just wandering round a forest like a loon.

Well that would be the third I think.

You never gave it a chance obviously. You must listen to the story cause metal gear games are notorious for being piss easy.

Let's see:

Zelda: The entire fucking series except Majora's Mask. Which cannot be critically acclaimed enough.

Almost every Mario spin-off: Except select Kart installments.

Tales of Symphonia: It's okay. But it's so, so inferior to Skies of Arcadia it's just not funny. It would have been (and was) forgotten about on the PS2. It's just so uninspiring for the most part. I don't hate it though.

Animal Crossing: What a waste of my time. I spent a month picking weeds until I decided to do something more worthwhile like sticking my eyes in vinegar instead.

All Pokemon after Gold: Dull rehashes.

Splinter Cell: Dull, trial and error gameplay. Inferior to MGS in every way.

GRAW: See above.

F-Zero GX: Hate is too strong a word, but it wasn't very uh, fun.

Metroid Prime is brilliant, you all make me sick.

F-zero gx is one of the best racing games i have ever played. What is wrong with it? Give me a reason besides hard(which in itself it a stupid reason)

It's dull. Pure and simple. I have no problem with the difficulty, I enjoy difficult games, but I felt so detached from the action on screen. I don't think you really had enough control of your car/thing. I loved the SNES one and F-Zero X though. Maybe it's just my subconscious hatred of SEGA.

Sonic. I downloaded the Sonic game for Megadrive on VC thinking I had bought an awesome platformer. But no, it's one of the worst game I have ever played. I run for three seconds, then it's full stop. I thought this was about speed and fast-paced action, but all I got was run-stop-run-stop and awfully boring game.

Sword of Vermillion. Same as over, but this time an RPG. Horrible battle, confusing world map and way too slow text speed and character. Though, I guess this one isn't popular after all?

I wish I could sell them and never see them again, but unfortunatly those crappy games will be apart of my collection until I sell the Wii. Which I won't *sigh*

I also disliked Final Fantasy V and VII, Grandia II og III, Harvest Moon: MM and Contact, but I didn't hate them. I just sold them(except FFV) and have no intention of ever buying them again.