NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Games you Hate, But everyone else loves

Sonic. I downloaded the Sonic game for Megadrive on VC thinking I had bought an awesome platformer. But no, it's one of the worst game I have ever played. I run for three seconds, then it's full stop. I thought this was about speed and fast-paced action, but all I got was run-stop-run-stop and awfully boring game.

yes sonic 1 is like that. Sonic 2 is far far better and sonic 3 is better again.

Sonic. I downloaded the Sonic game for Megadrive on VC thinking I had bought an awesome platformer. But no, it's one of the worst game I have ever played. I run for three seconds, then it's full stop. I thought this was about speed and fast-paced action, but all I got was run-stop-run-stop and awfully boring game.

What? That's not the experience I get when I play it. What in the name of Paul McGrath...

I also disliked Grandia II.

I hate you! I really, actually, hate you! :nono:

Well, to be fair, Sonic 1 was a bit slow (you can't even do the spin thing), but it wasn't bad. It was rather enjoyable platforming experience.

Sonic 1 on the VC is a joke.

You have no idea how much it being in 50hz hampers the experience.

The one on XBLA = Far better. 60hz, achievements, propper save states and cheaper.

Hate is maybe a bit strong but I've lost all love for WoW now. Most people I know play it and after about a month of having it I was bored. All of the gameplay elements stay exactly the same and no new challenges come along that cant be overcome by grinding.

I love the art direction of the game but the idea of the expansion pack just made me groan.

Final Fantasy VII.

Played for about 5 hours.

I don't care how good the story is, it's just a fucking terrbile gaming experience. Boring, terrible graphics (why they chose to do it in 3d is beside me, I mean, I was bleeding from my eyes just from looking at it), and a run-o-the-mill gameplay wich got hailed for no reason. I will never understand how someone actually enjoys playing this game.

Sonic 1 on the VC is a joke.

You have no idea how much it being in 50hz hampers the experience.

The one on XBLA = Far better. 60hz, achievements, propper save states and cheaper.

Are you serious it's 50hz on vc?

Then of course it would be shit.. even the music was slower:(

but thats the one europe got. Everyone else got the good one.

Are you serious it's 50hz on vc?

Then of course it would be shit.. even the music was slower:(

but thats the one europe got. Everyone else got the good one.

Yeah, its 50hz. All VC games apart from TG16 are.

The music oh god, don't get me started. Theres a 50/60hz comparison on Youtube.

Yeah, its 50hz. All VC games apart from TG16 are.

The music oh god, don't get me started. Theres a 50/60hz comparison on Youtube.

You can play both in sonic mega collection.. its this kind of crap that puts me off vc.

yep the music is terrible in the other one. I have no idea why the music was slowed down.

i hate gears of war (don't cuss me because i know your itching to do it )

i just don't like the game play the graphix i can't say nothing but the rest is crap!!!

Have to say Animal Crossing.

I got drawn into all the hype and played it for about a week. So boring.

The Halo games. After hearing all the hype about them, I decided to play Halo.... My god, that was boring. What is all the fuss about? It's one of the most generic and boring FPS I've ever played!

i hate gears of war (don't cuss me because i know your itching to do it )

i just don't like the game play the graphix i can't say nothing but the rest is crap!!!

Have you played it in co-op? Thats the only mode I like playing it in otherwise I'd probably agree.

Have to say Animal Crossing.

I got drawn into all the hype and played it for about a week. So boring.

Same, I bought it and played it on holiday...It was kinda cool but I definitly expected more.

The Halo games. After hearing all the hype about them, I decided to play Halo.... My god, that was boring. What is all the fuss about? It's one of the most generic and boring FPS I've ever played!

Its fun most of the time but I agree that Halo reeks of mediocrity.

Halo: first one was much better than the second, but wasn't actually any good.

GTA: Really doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I have no idea how many people rate this so highly, unless they just haven't played other games.

Fifa, Pro Evo etc etc: Football isn't that great a sport anyway, and a lot is lost in transition to game.

Football manager games: If I wanted to play with speadsheets, I'd become an accountant.

The Sims: Yawn. 1001 ways to kill a retarded sim. (looking forward to mysims however due to its direct control over a character. Hopefully.)

Every MMORPG I've ever played. Good in theory.

Morrowind. Oblivion was much better for one simple reason. In morrowind attacks missed randomly, you blocked randomly dependant on your stats. Just seemed you were clicking and a speadsheet behind the game was calculating everything.

I love all the games especially ninja.....

I love you too.

Its fun most of the time but I agree that Halo reeks of mediocrity.

I was (mentally) ill when I said this.

I read that comment last night actually and thought you were a liar.

It's funny what 2 years can do to an opinion.

Apparently it can make you claim mental illness.

It's really with Halo 3 I've taken to Halo. Loved 1 but was left bitter by the last three levels being back track, thought 2 really was utter crap, loved Halo 3. I think ODST is also crap...but the way they work, is just phenomenal. The AI is stunning.

I do think a lot of Halo is mediocre but I appreciate that the core game pretty much has no match.

It's really with Halo 3 I've taken to Halo. Loved 1 but was left bitter by the last three levels being back track, thought 2 really was utter crap, loved Halo 3. I think ODST is also crap...but the way they work, is just phenomenal. The AI is stunning.

I do think a lot of Halo is mediocre but I appreciate that the core game pretty much has no match.

Half life 2 surely?

Half-life 2 is nothing like Halo. The actual shooting wasn't that great in HL anyway.

Half-Life focuses more on AI (which is showing it's age) and the story/exploration. I realized as I typed that that HL2 is quite linear, but you travel so far it feels like you're exploring, at least I do.

Yeah, HL's linearity was blatant. Not saying it wasn't fun but I've seen some crazy stuff happen in Halo because the core physics are so solid and there's more to play with, especially when you chuck in co-op. The difference between normal difficulty and hard is genuinely game changing.

IMO, The 4-player online & split-screen co-op gameplay (in either campaign or matchmaking) is what makes Halo outstanding. So many nights at uni were lost through Halo.

HL2 has practically no AI. Everything is scripted smoke and mirrors.

Perfectly fit for purpose, mind. It's a thrilling game. One of the best.

But Halo is on a completely different level. The AI is absolutely incredible in all 4 games and has allowed Bungie to develop a proper sandbox approach to combat that, to date, nobody else has even come close to.