NEurope
jammy2211

Nitro Bike

I'm not gonna even consider buying this game. I'm no graphics whore, but why can't we have decent looking games with all the great features. Why does it have to either or?

Well it looks pretty good to me, and scrap my earlier post about Gameplay....

GAME have now dropped it down to £19.99 with free delivery!

Online play for a mere 20 quid? I'm in. If only all Wii games were £20.

I'm seriously tempted and Geometry Wars Galaxies is released on 18/01/08 for £17.99 on Play.com.

That 2 good games for the price of one! (well if Nitro Bike is any good that is but it shows promise).

I agree with Flamedude, they could at least...try...with the graphics.

The system is underpowered, not retarded.

I agree with Flamedude, they could at least...try...with the graphics.

The system is underpowered, not retarded.

I see where your coming from, although i've kinda made myself forget about graphics where the wii is concerned.

Still, playing Galaxy doesn't help matters.

I totally agree with the graphics thing. I can't forget about them and really demand decent looking games as standard - the wii is easily capable of this. This is just yet another example of Ubisoft lazily porting over ps2 or psp engines to the Wii and then they wonder why third parties do badly on Wii. They need to just look at this shit compared to Prime/Galaxy and it should be all too obvious.....

i cant wait till mario kart wii comes out and really sticks it to the racing games

or better still.. i want the inevitable f-zero

fzero gc looks better than most wii games(especially sonic rider whose engine its based off)

I should hope not, the dire reviews confirmed everyones fears that this looks like a really awful game

Yep, i am! Only because it's £20 mind. I wouldn't of bought it, if it was any dearer.

Everyone has different opinions, so i reckon i'll find it enjoyable. Looks pretty decent to me, lets hope i'm not proved wrong.

yeh thats what im thinking, sure the greaphics should be better, but im sure it will be allot of fun and online racing will be welcome :)

been playing this for a couple of hours, £19.99 in GAME,

controls are great just like exite truck, gameplay is good arcady like exite bike 64, online is great no lag so far and up to 6 racers at once,

only downside the graphics could be more polished, its a shame nintendo dident make this as exite bike wii, it would hev been a classic then, but nitro bike is well worth picking up for £19.99, i got this turok and dmc 4 and nitro has had the most playtime so far , good solid 7/10 i rate it

Anyone else got this? For £17.99 I'm tempted but wondered what everyone thought?

Is it still fun yesteryear?

This got reviewed this morning by Gamecentral who gave it a solid....3/10.

They loved Excitebike but hated how this game:

1. Barely looked better than the 64 version.

2. Had AWFUL collison detection.

3. Looked like a higher res version of the 64 game.

3/10 is a little harsh, i would give it a 5 or 6 at the moment. It's no excitebike or truck, believe me....Still the actual price of the game, kinda makes sense to what your getting gameplay wise.

I don't regret buying it, as it's been pretty fun so far.

id give it 70% id rate exite truck 88% , gamecentral have been talking a load of bull latly, ignor these 360 pc fanboys which they have become latly. they have medal hheroes 2 5/10 wtf are they on, honestly they really have idiots working for them these days, bring back digitiser.

its one of the best racers on wii, its no exite truck quality wise but its a good fun arcady racer and its online!,

id give it 70% id rate exite truck 88% , gamecentral have been talking a load of bull latly, ignor these 360 pc fanboys which they have become latly. they have medal hheroes 2 5/10 wtf are they on, honestly they really have idiots working for them these days, bring back digitiser.

its one of the best racers on wii, its no exite truck quality wise but its a good fun arcady racer and its online!,

But still, it's a joke when us Wii owners are getting such poor efforts whereas you look at games like Burnout paradise and it makes you realise how poor some of these games are.

Excitetruck was wicked fun though.

3/10 for Nitrobike and 5/10 for MoH Heores 2 sound like very fair scores.

3/10 for Nitrobike and 5/10 for MoH Heores 2 sound like very fair scores.

No, honestly MOH's 5/10 is wrong, it's a 7 at least due to the online side of things and the way it uses the wii-mote and how well it.

Just played Nitrobike about 30 mins ago, and it's actually more difficult to control then i first thought, which is slightly annoying. Perhaps on thursday of last week (when i got the game) i had a good day or something, cause today, it ain't doing much for me....

It's definately a pick up and play for 15-30 mins game, i cant see anyone getting totally ingrossed in it, if it was £40 i'll be crying now. ;)

Medal of honor 2 a 5/10 is ridiculous, the game is great. Its pretty generic, doesnt look amazing but the controls make it so much fun to play and online works really, really well. I keep saying it, but after playing metroid and even more-so this, playing a pad is very clunky and frustrating!

Saw this game on the shelves for £19.99...Its shite, right?

It's not essential, thats for sure.

If you have a spare £20 in your wallet and fancy a new game, i suppose you could do alot worse, don't go expecting Excitetruck or Excitebike (N64) with wii controls though!