N-Europe

Wii Balance Board... Not Wii Fit!

dannbrownn

Right then, i just posted in the wii fit thread and thought that the balance board itself deserves a topic of it's own, where we can discuss the possibilities and it's implications, etc!

So then my key idea is 'What can the Balance board be used for?'

At the moment i am only able to come up with all the obvious ideas like surfing, skating, snowboarding, maybe a monkey ball game and surely a warioware game as well!

But what actual things could this be used for in something like warioware?

What would you like to see it used for?

Could we one day be walking and running on the spot to move our character around the game world, while at the same time we are going to pointing at the screen and manipulating object using the wiimote and nunchuck?

Well, please throw your ideas into the mix!

Well today I was thinking it could be used in a baseball game, you would used the wiimote to hit the ball, and then you run on the spot using the balance board. You could probably also use the wiimote+nuck to imitate the arm movements too.

Guest Stefkov

I've said plenty time but snowboard kids please!

Also in the Mario Kart Wii thread I said about this becoming pedals.

So you got go and stop on the board while you steer with the wiimote.

1080 is sure to happen, right? C'mon NST!

I'm also thinking Pilot Wings.

Oooohhh just the mention of pilot wings gives me shaking knee's!

I have though of THE BEST IDEA FOR A WII BALANCE BOARD GAME EVER!!!!...

....VIRTUAL SEGWAY!!!

Siliar-Segway-Wes-032-.jpg

You could go on skate parks etc and use the classic segway leaning actions to control the action from a first person view!

I will send it to Nintendo straight away!

ps. it's good to see you again davidredge!

Hmmm a good doorstop thats about all really.

I was completely underwhelmed by the whole showing of it at E3. It didn't help the fact that it wasn't working correct and looked quite boring.

Miyamoto get back to making proper games we don't want this shit. However i can see the Media really getting all over this and making it a huge success. I think I'll give it a miss and remain an overweight, chain smoking fat bastard! :heh:

Hmmm a good doorstop thats about all really.

I was completely underwhelmed by the whole showing of it at E3. It didn't help the fact that it wasn't working correct and looked quite boring.

Miyamoto get back to making proper games we don't want this shit. However i can see the Media really getting all over this and making it a huge success. I think I'll give it a miss and remain an overweight, chain smoking fat bastard! :heh:

lol

I understand that completely 'wii fit' is not really meant for us! But surely you can imagine playing something else on the balance board! What about a game where you had to run down to the local shop to buy some fags?! you could choose to run, walk or jog and the games characters would respond accordingly, atthe end of each mission it could give you a 'lazyness rating'...

come on Cookyman! surely you can 'get on board' with that idea!

(yes i really did just make a pun out of the term board... and yes i am very sorry for it now.)

lol

I understand that completely 'wii fit' is not really meant for us! But surely you can imagine playing something else on the balance board! What about a game where you had to run down to the local shop to buy some fags?! you could choose to run, walk or jog and the games characters would respond accordingly, atthe end of each mission it could give you a 'lazyness rating'...

Wicked, I'm planning to quit smoking when I'm 30 so can we have a chewing gum option? And maybe a Condom option so it can get banned by the BBFC, oh and it'll need to have advanced AI to simulate the Chav's hanging around outside the shop. Stick a Staff Terrier tied to a lampost in there and we'd have a pretty acurate simulation.

I think an option to use this in snowboarding games would be great, I remember seeing those sort of add-ons for the PS2 and I always wondered how they would work. I'm guess this would work better than those as the game would be developed around the board rather than the other way round.

I can see:

"Wii:Scales!" - Measure your weight in Imperical measurements a day!"

"Step on the Wii fit board with the Wii: Scales game you can create a graph of your mass! Complete with saving option so you can go back to it and cry at how you gained weight."

Wii Sports Tennis has automatic player movement, as everyone knows. However, what about a proper tennis game like Top Spin/Virtua Tennis? You want control over your character but do you attach the nunchuck, comprimising the feel of the swing a little?

What about standing on the balance board and leaning the way you want your player to move. This would leave you to swing the remote on it's own just like a tennis raquet in Wii Sports or, preferably, with more freedom of control on the ball (not just timing, but more complex shots available- a bit less restricting than the simplicity of Wii Sports)

Wii Sex? :bouncy::heh:

Thrust yourself in either a gentle or jerky motion forwards and backwards, a minigame can be incorporated into this, how many times can you ugh ugh within a minute? Lean slightly to either side and stretch to gently rub your penetration receiver and/our touch their privates in an erotic manner. Kneel on the Balance Board and tilt your head forward for mouth action. Many possibilities await... Gay option included as well.

Sexual interaction can occur with oneself "Self Arousal Mode", AI or online players around the world, Cybering brought to a new dimension, online with people from around the world. Mii pleasure. Full Mii compatability, create your ideal guy, girl and DO IT all night long... Tutorials are built into the game giving you detailed instructions and diagrammatic representation on how to perform a wide variety of sexual exchanges.

Online play rankings and be amongst the top PLAYERS of the world! :laughing:

Hoodlums are harrassing the Snow Bunnies that frequent Sugar Mountain. Enter the Snowboard Hitman (thats you)! Hurdle down Sugar Mountain on the Balance Board while picking off the local trash with pinpoint Wiimote precision.

Your reward? Relieved Snow Bunnies waiting to thank you in the Lodge

Thrust yourself in either a gentle or jerky motion forwards and backwards, a minigame can be incorporated into this, how many times can you ugh ugh within a minute? Lean slightly to either side and stretch to gently rub your penetration receiver and/our touch their privates in an erotic manner. Kneel on the Balance Board and tilt your head forward for mouth action. Many possibilities await... Gay option included as well.

Sexual interaction can occur with oneself "Self Arousal Mode", AI or online players around the world, Cybering brought to a new dimension, online with people from around the world. Mii pleasure. Full Mii compatability, create your ideal guy, girl and DO IT all night long... Tutorials are built into the game giving you detailed instructions and diagrammatic representation on how to perform a wide variety of sexual exchanges.

Online play rankings and be amongst the top PLAYERS of the world! :laughing:

Now i know that i have been away from these forums for the first half of this year, (never again, this is one of the two web forums i love!) but i wouldn't mind suggesting that that petey piranah post is the post of the year so far!

Brilliant! the original idea was hilarious and then to have somebody take this into so much deatail... it's genius on so many levels!

petey, when you have 'confirmed' your console code let me know!

Amazing, i believe the correct term to use here is 'mad props':bowdown: