NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Funktion

Graphics card - need suggestions

I'm planning on building a new PC, but frankly I've been quite out of touch with the current generation of processors, graphics cards, ...

I need to choose a graphics card, but like I mentioned I'm not really up-to-date with the latest generation of cards. I want a good card for a decent price, a middle-range card (I really don't want to pay 500 or 600 euros for a graphics card... :heh:) compatible with the latest shaders/...

Any suggestions?

I use a BFG 7600GT (256Mb of GDDR3 Memory), they cost about £80-£100 and are about as middle of the road as you can get, I only use it to play WoW and sometimes HL2 or CNC3 and all of these games I can play on full settings with a pretty good frame rate.

For the latest shaders you definetely need a DirectX 10 card, and with the GeForce 8600GT (~£100) or Radeon 2600XT (same price) you should get some decent mid-range performance. One of them is supposed to be better, Google should help you out there.

the best one is a nvidia 8800gtx but they are expensive

how much u planning on spending:)

What is the difference between a gtS and a gtX?

£100+ haha

The GTX has abit more power, that's all.

the best one is a nvidia 8800gtx but they are expensive

how much u planning on spending:)

Actually the best one is the 8800 Ultra but for the price it's really not worth it.

What is the difference between a gtS and a gtX?

Ultra = same ram as GTX but faster still, massive rip off.

GTX = 762mb (i think) ram, higher clock speeds on shader clocks, memory and gpu speeds.

GTS = 640mb ram slightly slower.

See I am getting a 8600GTS coming with my new dell, I am not sure about how much if at all you can overclock that. Especially with a dell *hmm*

The GTS is a beast to overclock, can push to levels above the GTX.

Indeed.

My machine (currently living in a box in Halifax) has a 8800GTS OC, well above the GTX's clock levels.

Wait for Christmas for the 9xxx series by Nvidia.

Dont buy ATI. They consume alot of power and create plenty of heat. Not to mention they run like crap. Hopefulyl they get their work toegther sometime but right now no.

Sign in to follow this