NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

I went for a nice Jog (Island Lap) just now, and remembered something that I read from a friend, about following the dogs. So I did, when i saw a dog running in front of me, I sped up, and got to follow the dog. Half way through, another dog appeared in front of us, but i kept to following the first one. This got me thinking though, How many doggy routes are there? Does anyone know.

From a few jogs, I could count at least four. There was a dog just as we started, with another on that route, and just after the first bridge a second dog will appear, on this route there was also another dog.

Just got bronze piggy after nearly 3 weeks which isn't bad. Got a routine of doing some muscle ones then finish with a 10 minute free run.

So I did, when i saw a dog running in front of me, I sped up, and got to follow the dog.

That happened to me once, but I had no idea what caused it at the time. Now I do.

I'm sure I've seen a viaduct or thin bridge thing quite high up in the middle of the island - as a seasoned jogger, have you managed to get up there, out of interest?

That happened to me once, but I had no idea what caused it at the time. Now I do.

I'm sure I've seen a viaduct or thin bridge thing quite high up in the middle of the island - as a seasoned jogger, have you managed to get up there, out of interest?

I don't think i have taken that route. I have taken one that ended up on the beach, one that ended up high on top of the mountain, I guess it is. One took me over a long wooden bridge, but i don't think that is the one you mean.

bozon-ign-blog-pics--20080520055320394.jpg

Bozon has started a blog entitled WiiGetFit where he's gonna do WiiFit for a month and record the changes in his weight and BMI. Sure, everyone with WiiFit and a blog seems to be doing the exact same thing, but hey, atleast we have an idea who Bozon is... and he's a fat piece- and knows it. Anyway, it looks like he's making a proper go of it and combining WiiFit with some gym going and healthier eating.

http://blogs.ign.com/WiiGetFit/2008/05/22/

My Wii Fit was delivered today, only played it for a bit so far but I quite like it. Gonna have to make sure I go on it everyday.

Managed to get my hands on this on Tuesday and so far have put in over 4 hours training and I am very impressed.

Just recovered from attempting a 30 min free jog and by heavens it seriously does take it out of you.

For people trying to get a copy I have seen quite a few in Gamestation and Game around the Glasgow area and stock seems to be becoming weekly which is better.

Just set a reasonable target and go for it :smile:

My only worry with it is that since buying it everyone in the house has been using my Wii :( they better be finished with it when Smash Bros comes out :heh:

I've been doing a little fitness regime over the last few weeks. I do about 20/30 mins a day for at least 4 days in the week. I do a few balance games and aerobic exercises, then a jog (usually island lap) then I do some muscle work outs and finally some yoga to cool down.

Hopefully I can get into good shape over the summer, instead of being a slob. I've kept at an ideal weight so thats good.

I've been doing a little fitness regime over the last few weeks. I do about 20/30 mins a day for at least 4 days in the week. I do a few balance games and aerobic exercises, then a jog (usually island lap) then I do some muscle work outs and finally some yoga to cool down.

Hopefully I can get into good shape over the summer, instead of being a slob. I've kept at an ideal weight so thats good.

Would you say you've seen much progress since you started then?

Would you say you've seen much progress since you started then?

Most definitely. Most of my scores see a daily increase, and my general fitness is increasing. For example, at first a short jog would make me sweat and breathe heavily afterwards. Now a short jog is simple and my body isn't affected much at all. My recovery rate has improved a lot.

I also feel healthier, its strange to explain, but I just feel in a better condition.

30 hours golden piggy .. i lost 7 KG!! ....Jeans do not fit any more! my wife lost 5 KG

THIS REALLY WORKS!!

Im down 5lbs at the moment after 4 days, 1 hour a day.

Definately enjoying it. Inspiring me aswell to buy a new bike so I can go out riding more aswell.

Even if the game isnt an amazing workout (though I think it can be) at the very least its a very inspiring game for people to lead healthier lives.

Anyways, I tried more of the muscle games (my room is too small to do the sprawling ones, but I decided to do them anyway) and aside from being very good; my floor is wooden and the game absolutely batters me, really thinking of getting one of them yoga mats :) Anyone bought one?

Was thinking of this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officially-Licensed-Wii-Fit-Yoga/dp/B0016LX6PI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213614607&sr=8-2

Though saw this and wondered what the hell is in it, anyone know?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wii-Fit-Workout-Kit/dp/B0017XFSJ2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213614607&sr=8-7

31pPTvfv4xL._AA280_.jpg

I think these are for assisting with press-ups, but if that's what they are then I've tried such things in the past and they do not work very well at all

These ones look quite bulky so there's a chance they may double as weights in this case, but don't quote me on that.

If I were you I'd just go for a mat on its own.

I also feel healthier, its strange to explain, but I just feel in a better condition.
Totally agree, it's hard to explain but doing 30mins a day, you just somehow feel healthier.

Before Wii Fit I had 3 pairs of jeans in my wardrobe which wouldn't fit me, but after doing 30-60mins a day on it for just over a month now, 2 of those pairs fit, and I'm pretty sure the other will soon.

31pPTvfv4xL._AA280_.jpg

I think these are for assisting with press-ups, but if that's what they are then I've tried such things in the past and they do not work very well at all

These ones look quite bulky so there's a chance they may double as weights in this case, but don't quote me on that.

That might help with the Tricep Extension muscle exercise. After performing the exercise while holding the Wiimote, the trainer recommends moving on to heavier objects such as a half-litre bottle of water.

Maiky-NiSuTe, congratulations! That's fantastic progress. How much do you put in each day?

BowserBasher: Yes, I found the bridge route at last - I think it's the same one you saw. It's on the Island Lap. Make sure you run after the first dog and you'll take a route up high across the bridge, leaping off a massive height at the end!

That might help with the Tricep Extension muscle exercise. After performing the exercise while holding the Wiimote, the trainer recommends moving on to heavier objects such as a half-litre bottle of water.
I think they are effectively cheap versions of these, though from experience they don't really work.

41xQhvxPF8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Yeah like I said they may double as weights for the Tricep Extension, but for that exercise I just hold a regular weight in my hand alongside the Wii-mote.

I really want this game but the silly max weight is a joke, my girlfriend is not even big for her size shes 6 foot and yet she is over the max weight.

Surely the big people need to play this game the most not all the skinny people out there.

I've lost about half-a stone since using this...and obviously eating well! That brings my weight-loss to around 2 and half stone now! Yay! :D

I really want this game but the silly max weight is a joke, my girlfriend is not even big for her size shes 6 foot and yet she is over the max weight.
Oh come on! That's a rediculous comment!

You think a max weight of 23st 8lb is silly?!

41xQhvxPF8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ooo, you're supposed to rotate them? Get a good workout and a nice polished floor at the same time. ;)

Yeah like I said they may double as weights for the Tricep Extension, but for that exercise I just hold a regular weight in my hand alongside the Wii-mote.

Good idea, thanks - I might try that.