NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Anyone help with this? (Internet killing laptop)

Ok, this is killing me. I've not got the best laptop admittedly but it's tuned to its best. I've recently been having major problems with the speed of my laptop when I start to run the internet. Only Opera (my browser) gets crucified. Everything else runs as smooth as butter but the internet takes an AGE to load and then crashes between pages before loading again. I have 2 laptops running Opera and the other one is A-OK. It's not my internet in other words. I uninstalled Opera and re-installed it and the problem remained. I tried going online via IE7..Same thing. I'm totally lost. I even ran a registry check/booster and it corrected things and it still remained the same. Right now I'm typing and it doesn't appear on the screen but then all of a sudden (when the fan stops running on the laptop) the text all appears as if it crashed momentarily. I ran virus checks (AVG) and nothing was found. Here is a pic of the CPU usage when I run the internet. As I said, it's not RAM or anything related as everything else runs fine. Any ideas? Am I missing something here?

How do you get online? Wireless, or a direct hook up to a modem?

It could be a problem with the driver for your modem or network adapter. When I got my new PC, the drivers for the network adapter didn't work with it, compatibility issues. If I connected, the PC just completely froze up. I managed to get online using a different network adapter and contacted the PC manufacturer about new drivers and that solved it. So an update for your connection hardware might help. If you have any other way of getting online, you can test that out and see if it helps.

Sign in to follow this