NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Add me to the people finding the Wii Wheel a bit hard to get used to.

Falling off again and again is not funny :heh:

@ Mike.

This is by far better than double dash and multiplayer wise, much better than the DS version.

I'm getting used to the wii wheel now I was turning too sharply but the only thing doing my head in is how the AI cheats while you're in first place with the blue shell and lightning strike simultaneously hitting you along with red shells on the final lap..

i play it with the Classical Controller didn't had the chance to try the online play yet

but i like the game best mario kart to date

Daz, I'm only responding to people who have told me I must get it, otherwise there's not much point in me being here. As for the online comment, what I meant was limited it as being Mario Kart. OK you might be able to have lots of options online, and it may be lag-free and the best online Wii game, but it is MK. If smash had better online that would be the more preferred game if you understand.

As a new MK it is great, but MK is not what I want to play anymore.

Anyway enough from me in this thread, you guys have fun.

Picked up the game in Asda at midnight, and I'm really impressed. I've only done multiplayer races so far, there is a new battle system with 'deathmatch-style' rules.

Really impressed with the online, I was playing 2 player on worldwide against people from Japan, Brazil, Australia and America and there was no lag at all. The voting system is great, and it moves along at a good pace too (Nowhere near as time consuming as Strikers!)

edit1: I love the new tracks I've seen so far too, all memorable and fun. I'm a little baffled they put skyscraper as the N64 retro battle arena, thats the worst out of the 4 IMO. I mean, block fort! come on!

I had the chance to go to asda in bristol to get it 2nite but Ive got this essay to do, got another 400 or so words to do so hopefully be finished in a few hours maybe get some sleep then head to asda at 8 when it opens and get it.

Picked up the game in Asda at midnight, and I'm really impressed. I've only done multiplayer races so far, there is a new battle system with 'deathmatch-style' rules.

Heh, I just picked mine up when I finished my shift at Asda :P.

Just had a quick whirl on 50cc Mushroom cup, and it would appear Nintendo have taken what was great about Mario Kart DS and put it on the Wii. In saying that not much has changed, the graphics are barely an improved on Double Dash, the music the same, the only difference is the controls. Which I must say I'm impressed with, found the controller nice and easy to get use to.

so seeing as you work in asda sya reckon id be able to pop over there at 8 when they open and be able to buy a copy? Also what price was it?

so seeing as you work in asda sya reckon id be able to pop over there at 8 when they open and be able to buy a copy? Also what price was it?

All depends, if they're 24/7 most likely. If they're not, then they might not have new games out yet. I know my store usually doesn't put new releases out until between 6am-10am Friday morning. But sometimes when more popular games come out we have a few at the customer service desk locked up.

I believe it was £32 and something pence.

So, first impressions, is this better than Double Dash? I just remember playing that for the first time and really not being impressed.

I know how you feel. I felt the same about DD. In my opinion, it's not just better than Double Dash, but very likely one of the best, if not the best Mario Kart around.

I've had my doubts about this one. I'm happy I was wrong.

Finished 50cc yesterday, and had a ball! Now, onto faster lanes and the retro-cups!

hmmmm....I was tempted to go and get this before work...but havn't got time now...so will leave it....doubt I'll get it after today.

I have an image of GAME not being able to fulfil my pre-order....hmmm. Im sure it'll be fine though.

So two folks can form a party (in the same room) and go online yeah?

Would it be easier for me to add your wii console codes and then add the mario kart codes that way from the address book?

I didn't manage to get my two copies (yet) there was a fuck up due to the courier service, when the boxes were picked from the factory from delivery, they have their own area codes 08 is for the area where I was due to buy it from and 80 is somewhere up country seems someone at the factory end read the box upside down. :indeed:

Apparently it's not the first time it's happened to them as they are an independent retailer but meh, it's still ok, he should have them in today but I'm gonna pick mine up tomorrow as he's gonna hold the two copies for me, so I'll get it tomorrow on my way to work, day off today and cba to go in there to get it. :heh:

Besides I've got Ikaruga and SSBB to play, to everyone else who allready has Mario Kart; I hope your all enjoying it. :smile:

I didn't manage to get my two copies (yet) there was a fuck up due to the courier service, when the boxes were picked from the factory from delivery, they have their own area codes 08 is for the area where I was due to buy it from and 80 is somewhere up country seems someone at the factory end read the box upside down. :indeed:

Sheesh, you'd think thered be a line underneath the numbers to prevent that.

i have been playing with only the Wii Wheel and I find it quite easy and good. A few times I have done a powerslide in the wrong direction, but overall the wheel really is good.

After playing, does any now feel that the bikes are still just a gimmick? I must say that they handle quite differently from Karts and are a nice addition.

i have been playing with only the Wii Wheel and I find it quite easy and good. A few times I have done a powerslide in the wrong direction, but overall the wheel really is good.

After playing, does any now feel that the bikes are still just a gimmick? I must say that they handle quite differently from Karts and are a nice addition.

As you say, i think the bikes are a worthy addition as they do handle differently and i find the wheel the best control method once you get used to it.

Bikes do have a difference, you can't do the red turbo slide, but to make that up you can do wheelies which seem to give you a tiny bit more speed.

Very, very tempted to get this. Does it definitely not have a Freeloader blocking update? How's the online play?

Agreed!

I don't know where all that bad feedback regarding the wheel-controls are coming from, but it kicks royal a§§. I've tried both the Nunchuck- and wheel configuration, and find them both awesome. Hell, I just bought a second wheel (BigBen - €9.99 - not as nice as the MK-wheel, but close enough) so my girlfriend and I can play together with the wheels! :heh: Using a Wiimote without shell is a bit clumbersome.

The bikes are indeed a great addition, far greater than expected. It's not that different, but it feels different enough.

Yes, Ive been wondering about that update too. I accepted the update, as I don't have a freeloader so am in no risk, but there doesn't seem to have changed anything (on the surface atleast). Perhaps laying the foundation of the MK-channel or something. So I can't be sure it blocks out the Freeloader. For the time being my verdict is: unlikely. But I've been wrong before...

The update is only for 3.2. Meaning it's the same update as Brawl and the one we got way back last month. If you have the update you don't get prompted for the update.

People need to search threads >_>

So what's this like then guys? Good old Mario Kart? or is it disappointing? Also what are the graphics like and does it run in full widescreen?

Oh! Lastly what is the Nunchuck control scheme like?