NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

lol when i first got that character i was like WTF i didn't even do anything?!

EDIT: did the flower and star 50cc cups and got another hidden character ^_^

I managed to play some online races earlier, and loved it. Was playing people from Japan and Australia with no lag or problems at all. Now my bloody wireless part of my router seems to be playing up and I can't get online via it. I have to use wired connection. I think I need to buy a new wireless router.

eh? Thats not fair...I dont have it but I have a Galaxy save ¬¬

eh? Thats not fair...I dont have it but I have a Galaxy save ¬¬

She's not exactly hard to get, I got her by completing the 50cc flower cup (maybe star cup). Also, what's up with her being a heavyweight? The luma adds extra weight?

I've done all of 50cc and nothing

Maybe it depends on what mark you get. For the new tracks i got B to one star and for the retro tracks one to two stars.

Did you at least get diddy kong?

Yeah

I've also never had less than one star on any of the cups

Now it turns up after I get my first 3 star...doubt its related. Just did Star Cup on 100cc

Sweet banana!

I must admit, I'm mighty impressed with the wheel-controls. After ExciteTruck, I thought motion-controlled racing was all just a dream in the end, but this game plays mighty nice! I've even tried it without the wheel, and even that's not too shabby. but the wheel is beter than I had dared to expect! The nunchuk-setup is more precise, but the wheel is so much more fun, ans still spectacularly accurate. The Classic Controller and GC aren't bad, but I prefer the two others for some reason.

It looks the part too! Nothing spectacular, but not ugly either.

The music is very good! It's second only to Super Curcuit's!

I even like the bikes. The bikes! In Mario Kart! I like! The world must come to an end or something soon. I'll die a crazy man.

Only two gripes up till now:

1. The boxart... I've seen it in shots, but... I... argh, I think it looks so lame! It's so sterile, so white! It doesn't exactly scream "Funfunfun" at you, does it? :sad:

2. Where's my trophyspewing flying fish! :wink:

It's not going to be a classic, but it's far from as bad as some (including I) had feared. Thank you, Nintendo! :bowdown:

Now get to work on some new IP's. :wink:

Only two gripes up till now:

1. The boxart... I've seen in in shots, but... I... argh, I think it looks so lame! It's so sterile, so white! It doesn't exactly scream "Funfunfun" at you, does it? :sad:

2. Where's my trophyspewing flying fish! :wink:

Yeah its like the DS boxart, just...unimaginative.

Want want want want this sooooo bad it hurts. Need Money! How long do you think the multiplayer will entertain you guys?

I just tried it online and it's suprisingly lag free with 12 players on the same track, the fact you can choose the play Europeans only is a big factor.

It's so much smoother than Brawl even with Friend Codes.

I managed to play some online races earlier, and loved it. Was playing people from Japan and Australia with no lag or problems at all. Now my bloody wireless part of my router seems to be playing up and I can't get online via it. I have to use wired connection. I think I need to buy a new wireless router.

why would you want to play wireless when you have a wired connection, its loads faster.

right, chumps. My preorder is running late, however add my Wii system code and i'll add you back. Then, get that invite out to me, and i'll seamlessly give you a spanking.

This reminds me, I hardly have anyone on my Wii address book... I'll sort this out later :P

Went to Game after work at 3 to pick my pre-order up, said it was a mistake so went round the corner & picked it up from an indie, they said they'd only arrived half an hour earlier & were flying off the shelves.

Forgot my backpack so had to ride home on my motorbike with it stuffed inside my bike jacket.

As for the game i'm loving it, i've only used the wheel so far & feels good with the wheel (mind you i loved excite truck) so i think i'll stick with the wheel.

I know it's got same amount of tracks as usual but i just wish they could have given us more tracks this time, but overall it's great !!!!

why would you want to play wireless when you have a wired connection, its loads faster.

it's easier for me the way the router and house is set up. Any way. I sorted it. I just changed the frequency that the router running and all is fine, even better thn before. Must have been another interfering with it.

Just played loads of online races, absolute fun, and no lag at all.

Unlocked:

King Boo and Rosilina.

loving this game.

Unlocked:

King Boo and Rosilina.

loving this game.

That guy is quality! Heavyweight? What kart does he use?

I can't get over the Brock joke, its just so random!

I am still sitting on the fence about this game. I have the money to purchase it and I am just wondering whether you think you'll still be playing this in a few months time? Generally I only like to buy games which I know will last me a while.

Apparently Woolworths will be selling Mario Kart for £23.97 tomorrow. :eek:

Ideal for Flameboy, Rowan etc, who aren't sure on picking up this title.

Anywhoo, my thoughts :- the single player GP mode sucks, but time trail etc are fun, while the online mode is awesome!! I don't like the Wii Wheel. Did 2 50CC cup's with it, and failed badly, and have just tried a few random VS matches with it, but I'm still struggling with it.

Damn that cookyman! I got an invitation straight to my wii message board(a bloody sensible idea really) to add him as a friend if I had the game! Alas, I do not, and kinda wanna play it first before I actually buy it, though I guess either way I'd end up getting it regardless out of loyalty. Anyone played it yet that can offer their first impressions and opinions?