NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

snaking is cheating?

speaking of cheating, I bet some dork comes up with a hardware mod that fools the wii in thinking that a "normal controller" is the wii wheel.

THe wii wheel is going to be harder to use. Therefore, a lamer would look good with such a mod.

So now the boost is time based rather than being left/right flick based? I feel like it was like that in an older game, was it 64? To an extent mind, it was still left right based in part.

Even if it is time based, my question'd be, what's to stop someone sliding one way, getting the boost, then sliding the other, getting the boost etc etc. I thought it was called snaking cos people snaked all over the track like that?

Even if it is time based, my question'd be, what's to stop someone sliding one way, getting the boost, then sliding the other, getting the boost etc etc. I thought it was called snaking cos people snaked all over the track like that?

In MKDS you could get the powreslide boost while hardly turning. In MKWii it seems like you'll need to turn quite a bit before you can powerslide boost. So if you tried it on a straight bit of track you'll just end up facing the wall.

So now the boost is time based rather than being left/right flick based? I feel like it was like that in an older game, was it 64? To an extent mind, it was still left right based in part.

This is from the IGN hands on:

With boosting simplified (and snaking removed; we tried for a few solid laps to do it, and the time it takes to earn the level one boost is just too long) tricking is where pro players are going to set themselves apart.

It takes a lot longer to get the boost than in previous games. In the other games you had to flick the stick back and forth to get blue flames and therefore a boost (and snakers could do this uber fast) but now you have to wait for the boost, so it's not possible to get the boost quick enough to make it worth it

don't think these where posted already, IGN have 4 more video's (Yoshi Falls, Delfino Square, Flower Cup montage and Mushroom Cup)

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/949/949580/vids_1.html

Aside from that, the latest Wii-k in rview talks a little about Mario Kart Wii: Matt Casamassina and Bozon said if they were to rate Mario Kart Wii today, it would be a 7.5 and 7.8, respectively.

don't think these where posted already, IGN have 4 more video's (Yoshi Falls, Delfino Square, Flower Cup montage and Mushroom Cup)

as i expected, the ds tracks look awesome (as they are the same as ds)..

the cups just look to complicated with too many routes and tricks.... i.e. not enough racing

8.8 Great!

yeah but what did they give double dash? it was probably a poor rating and i really liked it.

Geez 7.5 and 7.8 is bad. Be interesting to find out what they gave dd, mkds and mk 64.

Thank fuck snaking is gone... maybe i can play a game of Mario Kart without idiots now.

Thank fuck snaking is gone... maybe i can play a game of Mario Kart without idiots now.

No chance of that if theres an NE tourney!

No chance of that if theres an NE tourney!

Agreed! I'm not entering any NE tournaments, thanks very much! I'll stick to the people i actually enjoy talking too! ;)

Aside from that, the latest Wii-k in rview talks a little about Mario Kart Wii: Matt Casamassina and Bozon said if they were to rate Mario Kart Wii today, it would be a 7.5 and 7.8, respectively.

I have to say those videos are actually looking pretty fast, I don't really see what people are complaining about. It looks a lot faster than DD, although maybe that's just my imagination.

Also, these videos really make me want to go out and buy Mario Kart DS. I never owned it but I played my friend's version, and now I just really want to buy it!

Yeah all this talk of it being slow is kinda worrying, hopefully it's not final-build or anything! I'm sure Nintendo said they would speed it up, or was i dreaming?

7.5 and 7.8, respectively.

thats the kind of scores excite truck got (even a bit less) and we all know its the best wii game to date

thats the kind of scores excite truck got (even a bit less) and we all know its the best wii game to date

Yeah I wouldn't worry if you like Mario Kart then your gonna love this game (just dont expect any huge innovations) cant wait to play it online with you lot!

I think it looks plenty fast from those videos to be honest, and we all know it's going to be ace don't we. Even if we complain it's not the best one yet (which some are BOUND to do) then everyone will still love it and enjoy playing it.

Now I know you're trying to stir up arguments, that's what you do.... but this is sounding a little desperate, even for you. Come on, you must be able to do better than that! You're slipping, my friend. Must try harder.

Surely if people are reviewing it they have the final version no?!?! It is worrying as there really is no need for it to be slow!! God, if you don't want the gerneral game faster than add another cc!!!!

I'm a blender employee, but I do funny game-comparisons that piss people off. Zack and Wiki isnt better than Halo etc.

I don't understand why IGN are complaining about it being slow in 50cc (from what I've read of it summarized in text though)? It's always been like that.

I don't understand why IGN are moaning about it being slow in 50cc? It's always been like that.

True, but i was hoping that it was faster in every 'cc' to be honest! I think the more speed, the more exciting it is!

Don't know what anyone else feels about that?

Should Mario Kart stay at the same speed?

True, but i was hoping that it was faster in every 'cc' to be honest! I think the more speed, the more exciting it is!

Don't know what anyone else feels about that?

Should Mario Kart stay at the same speed?

I think this was touched upon earlier. They should make the 50cc slow for the more casual gamer. Then a 100cc for the casual gamer starting to turn. Then the 150cc for the harcore. Then, a massive 200cc for the ultra hardcore must kill every motherfucker in the house type of gamer.

Lol, a bit out of the mario kart vein there? '200cc: Go for the gold, killing every motherfucker in the house along the way!'. Thanks for the info about snaking btw guys, sounds great, dunno if I'll get it until summer though, cos I might import Brawl instead.

I've not got a big problem with the speed, sure, I'd love it to be crazy fast, but 64, DD and DS have all done me fine(except 50cc, urgh, soooo slow, especially right after 150!). I do think a 200cc would have been good though, it'd offer something to the older fans, and probably get alot more play out of it. I proper struggled for all golds in 64 150cc, but not so much in DD, I'd like to struggle again tbh. That thing forced me to memorise every bit of banshee boardwalk, knowing when to break for the corner, knowing how to cut them, just to beat out the competition, brilliant stuff!

Then again, with the amount of online features, they probably feel it's unneccessary, you can't match the competition of another player!

Not long know cool and how many days are left and would anyone skip work or school or college?