Baby Peach, Boo to be drivers

online battle mode

16 new + 16 old courses

different vehicles for every driver

controls can be compared to Excite Truck

110px_Mlss2_2.jpg

Hmm if controls can be compared to excite truck why have a wheel????? :wtf:

Same reason they have a zapper?

Modern Nintendo like to market obselete useless pieces of junk as new products.

Snaking will probably destroy online :hmm: ..it certainly made me hate to play online with Mario Kart DS :(

Yeah, I don't like the sound of snaking either.. or Baby Peach (honestly, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were annoying enough). Still not seen anything that's really convinced me about this game. :/

32 tracks, 12 players online, online battle modes and people are still complaining!

As for snaking it's been in Mario Kart games for years but I reckon it will be very tricky to do on this one if using the wiimote to do it.

controls can be compared to Excite Truck

Excite Truck style controls is exactly what I've been hoping for, so I'm very pleased to read that. :)

Snaking? Bugger Bugger Bugger Bugger. That ruined the Mario Kart DS online.

Agreed. How is racing an absolutely perfect race any fun when you are beaten by a guy using a physics exploit?

Then there was the time I beat a snaker and he cut the connection.

Never played Excite Truck so dunno what this'll be like. Good I take it?

WHAT!!!????

*head explodes*

Agreed. How is racing an absolutely perfect race any fun when you are beaten by a guy using a physics exploit?

Then there was the time I beat a snaker and he cut the connection.

yeah I've lost count of the number of times that has happened.

Its not a physics exploit when its been programmed in...people need to stop calling it exploit, glitches etc...its a perfectly viable in game feature

Its not a physics exploit when its been programmed in...people need to stop calling it exploit, glitches etc...its a perfectly viable in game feature

here here. Well said.

Well, tbh its the abuse of sliding. Its not particularly difficult to pull off and it ruins the experience for everyone else.

Snakers are as bad as the cocks who play Smash Bros competitivly with their OTT and pointless 'moves' like wave dashing and move cancelling.

Only in Mario Kart its even more annoying.

There's no rules in the game saying when you can and can't perform a boost. If you find that hard to accept, tough!

It doesn't ruin the experience. If you don't want to learn to do it then by all means play like you play.

It's like saying the use of that gliding technique (where you shield and glide alng the floor or something) in Smash Bros ruins the experience when playing against others.

It's like picking up any other skill in any other game. If you can't be bothered doing it then stop moaning because other people do it.

..but is snaking even fun to do? I tried it once on my own after getting beat numerous times by 'snakers' online and, ok, I could kinda do it.. but I really wasn't enjoying it. Having to play every race like that would totally sour my experience of the game. Powersliding tightly round a corner is fun. Powersliding back and forth during a long straight just to try to keep up with the idiot in front who is just gonna disconnect if you get ahead isn't!

Lol, I did snake slightly in Mario Kart 64 but I never incorporated it into my playing style. Powersliding around corners is enough for me.

Wonder how many characters will be in this? Will they go all out with a huge roster...? If they tried to make it into what they are doing with Brawl then that would rock - i.e. the best Mario Kart possible... I'm not saying to put Sonic and Snake in. :heh:

..but is snaking even fun to do? I tried it once on my own after getting beat numerous times by 'snakers' online and, ok, I could kinda do it.. but I really wasn't enjoying it. Having to play every race like that would totally sour my experience of the game. Powersliding tightly round a corner is fun. Powersliding back and forth during a long straight just to try to keep up with the idiot in front who is just gonna disconnect if you get ahead isn't!

Agreed 100%

Snaking ruins the online play... if everyone cant do it then the winner has been decided before the race has started and part of the fun is when your fighting for 1st position... which you cant do if you cant snake.

Just play with other people who also don't like snaking. Or just play it offline. Sorted. :)

Just play with other people who also don't like snaking. Or just play it offline. Sorted. :)

Why should anyone have to do that... the game shouldnt have things that put other players at a major disadvantage. Snaking destroys the fun and thats the end of it.

It's not a major disadvantage. If you're a hardcore enough player to want to play online and compete against others then you would want to win. You'd develop skills to win.

Chris, it's just like the sniper on Halo. Because you're not good at it you hate it. You won't try to get better at it because other people are already good at using it so when you try to use it online you get killed.

Much like snaking. So instead of moaning, learn to snake in the single player and beat those snakers at their own game.