NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Just wait for the VC release then.

I have the original cart. I'm not saying I want a remake or re-release. I'm saying I want those qualities back in the 3D game. I don't want bikes or stunts - I just want a return to the formula I prefer for a Mario Kart game.

Personally I would be happy if they sort the cheating A.I out. The N64 version was the worst for this, no matter how far ahead you were or how many speed boosts you got there was always some driver right behind you.

I cant wait for the SNES version to appear on the VC, easily one of the best in the series.

The only Mario Kart I was dissapointed with was the N64 version. The tracks were fabulous and the graphics were great (at the time), yet the handling was slippery and indeed the A.I catch up rule was soul destroying and a cheap way to keep races tight. You could argue against keeping races exciting and helping out NooBs but most racing games are all about mastery. Mario Kart was always different I guess.

However, my favourite Mario Kart ever has to be the DS version. Some of those tracks are wonderful and really made huge steps towards bringing the Mario universe to life. And coupled with magnificently tight, rewarding controls, plenty of rewards, online play and not to mention the fresh mission mode, oh and offering a level of A.I which is just about perfect! I really have hope for any future versions of Mario Kart.

Indeed, it is a wonderful franchise yet I would have thought Nintendo would have been so enraptured by what the wii can offer that they would have put classic franchises on the backburner for now. Thus creating some new properties in which gamers could fall in love with.

Personally I would be happy if they sort the cheating A.I out. The N64 version was the worst for this, no matter how far ahead you were or how many speed boosts you got there was always some driver right behind you.

I cant wait for the SNES version to appear on the VC, easily one of the best in the series.

That was one of my points, the fact they removed the skill element and anyone could just catch up due to the imbalance in power ups and the chaeting computer opponents!

lol I remember the SNES version how I could always get right ahead of everyone else ^_^

I would love it if they could bring back the old map as well XD

New infomation from Japanese magazine Famitsu.

Mario Kart Wii will contain karts,bikes and animals to ride on and up to 8-player multiplay.

Fake!

New infomation from Japanese magazine Famitsu.

Mario Kart Wii will contain karts,bikes and animals to ride on and up to 8-player multiplay.

Guess Mario will ride Sonic then :)

Looks like they took what Rare were doing with that Donkey Kong racer back when the Cube was first announced. This is sound less and less like a Mario Kart.

Oh dear god. This could either go terribly wrong or very right. I'm not sure which.

Animals!? hmm.. I'm not sure about this one! :)

but that cow game in wii-play is absolutely awesome. i'm celebrating my first platinum medal.

And I thought bike's were bad.... :shakehead

I love motorbikes, i owm 2 but not in a mariokart game. This sounds worse with every update. I really hope i'm wrong.

FUCK YEAH DONKEY KONG RACING IS BACK!

Although they need a change of title now oO

They "fixed" it in the DS version. Which was very, very easy. Even in mirror mode.

Anyway...

Mario Kart DS + PGR4 + Excite Truck + Donkey Kong Racing = Mario Kart Wii.

I'm not too sure about this. I'm always a lets wait and see...but Animals...come on Nintendo

It's a good way to evolve the franchise, but it can piss off those who are too attached to the series. That's a problem Nintendo has, if they change something, it's wrong, if they keep it, it's still wrong. Calling it Mario Kart however seems wrong, but if they rename it Mario Racing or somethin half the sales go poof

'Mii racing' would have been better if it was to involve wacky concepts like Animals. Mom and Dad could have played along too and it would have been bought by fanboys alike. No doubt that Mario Kart will have mii support anyhoo. So I guess it's a mute point. Meh.

How in the heck are you going to perform power slides on an animal? Then again, maybe that's something that differentiates animals from karts and bikes.

Also, I demand that if Goomba isn't a playable character, he can be something you can ride on. Though a Goomba makes more sense as a driver than Boo does. How do you push the pedals Boo? You have no feet! Goomba could at least steer with his teeth to make up for his lack of arms, but you, you got nothing. It's Mario Strikers Charged Football all over again!

Maybe so, but Goomba could have used his feet! My argument stands :heh:.

Since when has anything in Mario made any sense?

Real infomation from US magazine called Nintendo Power.

Anyway, from Nintendo Power here is a hands on preview of the game. Not many details are revealed but at least it is something.

Main points from the article:

- Controls very smoothly

- Graphics are much more detailed than previous iterations with great water and explosion effects.

- Sound is brilliant

- 16 brand new courses along with many previous ones.

- Exciting new items

- Performing stunts will earn you a sweet reward (doesn't clarify what it is)

- Match-making process is much better with shortened times to get into a match.

Here is the full article anyway, its pretty short:

Some days just rock, like the day you get your driver's liscene or the day you win the lottery. For me, getting to test-drive Mario Kart for Wii was like combining both those events. Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, spilled a few beans in an early-October presentation. He excited Mario Kart fans by confirming that the game will include Nintendo Wi-fi connections for as many as 12 players , shortened times for matching up players online , intuitive steering-wheel control that will make it easier for novices to compete with veteran Karters, and the debut of motorcycles in the Mario Kart seris. The video clips that Nintendo showcased online also hinted at the ability to perform cool stunts, such as pulling a wheelie with a motorcycle or spinning your kart 360 in the air. I'm here to tell you that it's not just smoke and mirrors. Not only does executing a successful stunt look cool- you'll get a sweet reward when you do it (Sorry I can't be more specific-the version I played is still quite early, and lots may change between now and spring 2008.

As for the return of Kart must-haves, expect 16 brand-new courses and lots of familiar locations based on tracks from throughout the series, enhanced with new features, of course, and boasting much greater visual detail than in any previous Kart title . You'll sample this eye candy in the character animations and track elements such as rushing water or exploding fireballs. As for items expect some big newbies along with the tried-and-true Koopa shells, bananas, lightning bolts, and varieties of mushrooms. It's too early to comment on all the game modes, but in addition to Grand Prix circuits, a variety of engine classes, and the online multiplayer races, there are sure to be several more challenges . You can also expect a colorful variety of kart styles, as seen in our screenshots.

Maybe the biggest question I had before playing the game was how the motion-based control would handle sharp cornor and twisting course. I can sum up the answer with a single word-smoothly. As Mr. Iwata stated, driving a kart will feel perfectly natural to anyone who has ever used a steering wheel. You hold the Wii-mote in both hands with the buttons facing you (and that's how it'll fit into the steering-wheel accessory). Then you turn the wheel left or right. If you tilt it steeply, you'll make a sharp turn. A gentle dip will ease you to one side. Buttons control acceleration, braking, and item use . I was blown away by the game's elegance (even the sound was great), and there are several months of development yet to go. We'll reveal much more leading up to launch.

Source

I was strangely under-hyped for this Mario Kart. I have loved every one of them so far and each of them looked and felt very different. The fact that this one looked like Double Dash is partly what kept me from getting excited. I really enjoyed MK: DD, but I wasn't really a fan of the overall graphical style of the game, if you understand where I'm coming from.. (Mario Sports games general have a similar style, Mario Party also looks different.. (The Mario Party games is the style I really am not fond of and noticeably used in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix))

But even after just reading that little segment which didn't really reveal anything, I'm starting to look forward to it! Mario Kart.. More Racers.. 16 New Tracks, Probably 16 old ones.. Online.. Likelihood of a 'Mission' Mode like the DS version.. New Vehicles.. New Items.. New Way to play..

Bring it on :yay: