NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I reckon Brawl in April, Wii Fit in March and Mario Kart in September.

Of Course in American it'll be Brawl Feb, Wii Fit Feb and Mario Kart April >_>.

Anywho, Europe has a HUGE back-log of Nintendo published games (Bwii, Endless OCean, Zack and Wiki, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, DK Bongo Beat, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Fit) so chances are we're going to be seeing some of these pushed much further back then America. Quite simply there are too many games for some of them not to be delayed redicuously, and chances are this will be one of them.

Endless Ocean is released already. And I doubt PBR will be delayed at this point, only a month left and five months since the NA release date.

Endless Ocean is released already. And I doubt PBR will be delayed at this point, only a month left and five months since the NA release date.

Endless Ocean was out in the last few weeks, and PBR is still part of this backlog.

All I'm saying is there is a huge amount of games ready for release which Nintendo have to spread out over a time period. When you have that quantity of games on your hands then there are going to be some delays, and chances are Mario Kart Wii will suffer one of them.

Endless Ocean was out in the last few weeks

You can hardly complain about Endless Ocean, though. North America don't get it until 2008.

From GoNintendo

Mario Kart Wii

-Wifi races for at least 12 players

- Executing a successful stunt gives you a “sweet rewardâ€

- 16 brand new tracks plus many older ones

-motion control works well

- Spring 2008 release date

So Sonic is beginning to appear in games with Mario, first Olympics, now Brawl, will we see the speedy blue hedgehog show his face in Mario Kart?

Is anyone apart from me not really hyped at all for this? Especially with Brawl just around the corner. Looking at screenshots just reminds me of how much I disliked Double Dash. Even the online aspect isn't really exciting me - Mario Kart DS online was enough for me, and I know Nintendo won't exactly be pushing the boat out with this online.

Unless they make it as feature-rich as Brawl, I really can't see myself getting that excited about it.

Yeah same. I'll probably buy it anyway, but right now it's just not getting me excited.

I'd probably be looking forward to it more if it wasn't so hideously bad looking. Due to that it doesn't feel like much of a "step up" from Mario Kart DS. Hell it looks pretty damn similar. Somewhat Higher polycount, texture filtering and anti aliasing are the only real differences.

I guess they're keeping the look deliberately simple to push this whole 12 player online thing but man, I dunno if that's really going to improve the game much.

I wouldn't worry about this game just yet. Nintendo seem to be focusing more on Smash Bros right now. So, as soon as that draws to a close, they'll be more focused on getting this game polished.

We've got a long way to go yet.

So Sonic is beginning to appear in games with Mario, first Olympics, now Brawl, will we see the speedy blue hedgehog show his face in Mario Kart?

Oh god please no.

I wouldn't worry about this game just yet. Nintendo seem to be focusing more on Smash Bros right now. So, as soon as that draws to a close, they'll be more focused on getting this game polished.

We've got a long way to go yet.

Different studios are handling the games, so they don't really affect each other. Of course that Miyamoto and Iwata have their hands on both games.

I think it could maybe be cool if Sonic is involved. He could have his own track with big loops to go round.. :heh: ..like a Green Hill Zone with appropriate music.. or the Chemical Plant or something : peace:

Hasn't Pacman appeared alongside Mario in the arcade version? Sonic! it could happen? :)

I'm not sure whether i want him in my Mario Kart though...It just wouldn't feel right and it would look as if they are just trying to stick him in anything to sell more games, this game doesn't need sonic it's called "Mario" Kart for a reason, you don't even get characters outside the Mushroom Kingdom in this game so to suddenly stick Sonic in it would be weird! It would feel odd enough to put Link in!!!

It would also lose the magic of him being in Brawl, which is different. as it included many characters and Sonic can be used really well in Brawl. :D

As well as Sonic, I think it'd be great if they got Pac-Man and Tamagotchi in. :) You don't HAVE to play as them for those naysayers out there.

Does anyone remember the old screenshot of Mario Kart 64 with Magikoopa/Kamek in it? It would be cool if they maybe put him in this time round.

I wouldn't really be on for Pac-Man and Tamagotchi as I don't really care for either, but expanding the character list further would do no harm! But I don't want them to go overboard.

What I have found strange in Mario games is the inclusion of Petey Pirahna. I'm not trying to say he isn't a good character (i'm sure some people love him!) but there are surely many more characters from the Mario universe that could be used. I just don't see why they chose Petey :heh:

I'm Starting the Monty Mole For Mario Kart campaign!!! :heh:

Oh hell yes, Monty would be awesome!

Aye, Monty mole should definitely be in it! And Hammer Bros.. maybe Shy Guy :heh:

And the koopalings (Bowser Jr included) ... and Mouser ... and a penguin ... and Lakitu (on a cloud kart) ... and Wart ... and Geno ...

As well as Sonic, I think it'd be great if they got Pac-Man and Tamagotchi in. :) You don't HAVE to play as them for those naysayers out there.

You'd still have to race against them.

Lets be honest, they wouldn't fit. Mario vs Sonic is a special collaboration game, like Brawl. But putting him into a game which is very deliberately set in the Mario universe wouldn't work, just like putting Link in wouldn't work.

Keep it to Mario and Co.

You'd still have to race against them.

Lets be honest, they wouldn't fit. Mario vs Sonic is a special collaboration game, like Brawl. But putting him into a game which is very deliberately set in the Mario universe wouldn't work, just like putting Link in wouldn't work.

Keep it to Mario and Co.

OK I see your point, but it has been done before in the arcade.

OK I see your point, but it has been done before in the arcade.

Arcade doesn't have the audience that a console version does. Plus, PacMan was only in because Namco produced the units and wanted him in.

Is anyone apart from me not really hyped at all for this? Especially with Brawl just around the corner. Looking at screenshots just reminds me of how much I disliked Double Dash. Even the online aspect isn't really exciting me - Mario Kart DS online was enough for me, and I know Nintendo won't exactly be pushing the boat out with this online.

Unless they make it as feature-rich as Brawl, I really can't see myself getting that excited about it.

Worryingly, I’m not that hyped for this either, purely because I don’t really like the direction Nintendo are taking it in. :shakehead My idea of Mario Kart Wii heaven would be… the gameplay fundamentals of the SNES version, (obviously plus certain newer features) extra number of players / online aspect. Perhaps some customization elements too, like the emblem editor from the DS game.

Basically I’d want an online, hi-res version of SMK. :grin:

It’s not that I’m against the idea of bikes / stunts / new characters ect… more that I don’t really want that stuff in MK, if Nintendo were to do all of that in a new game though, well great! But I just wish MK Wii would retain more of a classic feel.

Don’t reckon the extras we’ve seen so far will help make the game more accessible for novice gamers either. I mean, controlling bikes with a steering wheel, doesn’t seem very intuitive does it? :heh: And stunts will merely be an extra complication for new players too.

Makes me think that a more traditional form of the franchise would have been better regarding the whole casual audience thing as well. ::shrug:

Didn't they say at E3 that there were going to be several control options though? (Presumably Wiimote (Wii Wheel), Wiimote+Nunchuck, Classic Controller & Cube Controller) Thought they did but I cant remember 100%