NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Guys have they really screwed Battle mode as much as the reports suggest?

Itsa bit stupid how it's all predetermined who is in your team and how many comp players are involved. But it's like it's meant to be played online. If played online it is so good that the CPU players dont really matter.

There aren't many options that's all. Bots are always there too. Which is kinda stoopid. But it doesnt really matter as it's just SO much fun!

I'm loving most tracks in this game. What do you think the chances are of them having more tracks downloadable in the future? Would be incredible!!! WOuld be great to have every track ever from all the mario karts!!

Possible. Since data, such as track alterations for competitions, is obviously downloaded via WC24. Would Nintendo miss as trick with Pay and Play round the corner...

Guys have they really screwed Battle mode as much as the reports suggest?

They've not screwed Battle Mode at all. They've taken the travesty of all battle modes since the N64 and just not improved it.

SNES battle mode owned. The others, rubbish.

Im just a bit worried about this stupid new balloons system. I really enjoyed it when you had to be precious about it. That set up really forced some good game techniques out of me and my bro.

They've not screwed Battle Mode at all. They've taken the travesty of all battle modes since the N64 and just not improved it.

SNES battle mode owned. The others, rubbish.

Oh no you didn't! N64 battle was so damn good plus you didnt have to get a multitap to be able to play 4 player. 4 (or more) player block fort is still my favourite by far although the map designs in SMK were pretty genius.

Which Mario Kart did you need a multitap for? Sure the Snes one was 2player only... wasn't it? Unless do you mean the GBA game where you needed the link cables to enjoy some 4player?

I never really bother with battle mode...karts seem like really awkward devices to use to go around 'attacking' people with. Racing is where it's at.

The new battle mode is awesome but it really sucks they don't have an option to go at it old school. And no bob-omb ;_;

Which Mario Kart did you need a multitap for? Sure the Snes one was 2player only... wasn't it? Unless do you mean the GBA game where you needed the link cables to enjoy some 4player?

Meant the Snes one. 2 player was ok but it always ended up being one player behind the other so it wasn't so much the battle mode that you got on the N64, more an electronic form of kiss-chase.

I have to agree with DavidRedge here. The SNES-battle mode is without any doubt on my mind the best one yet, 2-players or not! Didn't like the N64-version, and truely despise the Wii's. On SNES, it was simple and straightforward, yet surprisingly deep and had plenty of strategy.

Anyhoo, yesterday I had a miserable session online! I'm not that good anyway, but now it was really bad! Couldn't get any items, and when I did, it was worthless. Or I just misused it. And ofcourse I drove pretty bad too. :wink: So my ranking has sunk pretty low. Guess it just wasn't my day.

Still, I shall rise again! Be warned! : peace:

Well played a ton of this last night. getting better online still not enjoying the bikes so much...but meh...

One thing though I am convinced that the AI is the worst ever and let me explain why...So SNES Mario Circuit literally just start the race I am in first place and as we approach the first set of power up boxes, I get hit by a shell, WTF?!.

In online I almost feel that its best not to be winning by a mile as you seem to get totally hammered by power ups and end up fulling right down the list...happened to me atleast 3 times last night, where I got blue shelled and then barraged with red shells and knocked about by bullet bills etc...

i too had a terrible evening's play. Consistently lost, eventually dropping 250 points. Personally, i think you're all bloody cheats and Nintendo should remove you from online leaving me to play with one armed japanese tramps in shop windows.

D.Snowman, he surely had it in for me.

So need to do an all-nighter so i can play some games with you guys :( 2 weeks or so and the game will be rleased here in ozzieland and some chums will finally have the game... they just arent hardcore enough for my liking :P

You don't need to be quality to play Mario Kart, unless you're doing TT.

Question:

I've noticed alot of the unlocks in this game are from time trials. How difficult is it to unlock staff ghosts?

Question:

I've noticed alot of the unlocks in this game are from time trials. How difficult is it to unlock staff ghosts?

yeah I've noticed that...gotta get myself some funky kong fun!

i too had a terrible evening's play. Consistently lost, eventually dropping 250 points. Personally, i think you're all bloody cheats and Nintendo should remove you from online leaving me to play with one armed japanese tramps in shop windows.

D.Snowman, he surely had it in for me.

He did what!? I didn't even know I was racing with you last night but if you were in amongst those games that included other people from here, you can take comfort from the fact that I did absolute rubbish anyway! It was all negative and I even dropped below 6000 ranking before clawing my way back above it again. :(

The game is brutal in one player, but theres no mery shown online either. :blank:

Question:

I was doing these yesterday, just 9 left to unlock. Some of them are easy but others are brutal.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has had a bad day^^ I owned everyone in the beginning, but since Sunday I haven't done it very good or very bad. And my connection keeps killing my score.

Jordan: The circuits and desert levels are easy. I found it most difficult on the snes and gba tracks.

I'm immensely disappointed at the departure of 4 GBA circuits (evidently the best retro kind), and their SNES counterparts only appear twice too. I think that they should have halved the N64 tracks and put an extra GBA and SNEs track in their. Ribbon Road would've been great.

Still, fantastic game. Best Mario Kart yet. All the new tracks are fantastic. And that music from Coconut Mall is soooooooo addictive.

I don't know much about lan but it sounds wired to me. I need wireless.

I'm immensely disappointed at the departure of 4 GBA circuits (evidently the best retro kind), and their SNES counterparts only appear twice too. I think that they should have halved the N64 tracks and put an extra GBA and SNEs track in their. Ribbon Road would've been great.

Still, fantastic game. Best Mario Kart yet. All the new tracks are fantastic. And that music from Coconut Mall is soooooooo addictive.

I agree that the GBA tracks in Mario Kart Wii are great (particularly the very retro-feeling Boswer Castle 3) and, to be honest, a couple more SNES and GBA tracks would have been great! However, I wouldn't have taken out any of the N64 tracks as they are all quality.

If I had to remove tracks, it would be Peach Gardens, Peach Beach and Mario Circuit from Double Dash..

Koopa Cape currently sits as my favourite track as I just think it is brilliant fun! Also, I love the updated Sherbet Land, I can practically take the cave area out in one drift.. it feels so good :yay:

Could you send me some ghosts?

Have done have fun!

Loving time trials!

Have done have fun!

Loving time trials!

Yeh man.. the time trials rock : peace: ..they're not something I bothered with in Double Dash.. or even Mario Kart DS.. but in this I just feel like this mode is all down to your skills and your techniques, distinguishing itself from the mayhem of 12 player online racing where absolutely anything can happen..

I need some Cooky ghosts :heh:

I need some ghosts as well I think...

Gutted that Baby Park is gone now...I love it!