NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Same sort of people who use Action Replays to get perfect teams of lvl 100 Pokémon. Surely there's no pleasure in it at all?

Yes, block the software on the Wii that allows people to hack it! Homebrew must die!

hold on a minute homebrew must die?

Same sort of people who use Action Replays to get perfect teams of lvl 100 Pokémon. Surely there's no pleasure in it at all?

Yeah they need to add cheat protection. Its an issue in all online games patching ussualy keeps tabs.

Yes, homebrew is the gateway for cheating. Thus by blocking it you would eliminate the cheats. It may sound like a harsh remedy, but the cheats are ruining the online experience for everyone.

I think that Nintendo should maybe offer an alternative to homebrew, such as XNA, because it just leads to people misusing it. You and your DS flash card, for example. ;)

I think that Nintendo should maybe offer an alternative to homebrew, such as XNA, because it just leads to people misusing it. You and your DS flash card, for example. ;)

Exactly, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, and I certainly don't want to harm a healthy community of people who do a lot of good stuff, but homebrew in it's current form is actually ruining for many what we got our Wiis for - playing the games!

ASDA are holding a Mario Kart competition at some of their stores where you can win some vouchers, but you have to play with a member of your family....

asda-mario-kart-header-02-v3.jpg

You have to use a .... Wii Wheel.. pfft :mad:

and either as Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Peach or Baby Peach. Er....it's called Mario Kart! People will be expecting to play as their favourites.

Wii wheel feels like the proper way to do it though. Otherwise you're secretly cheating.

I always use the Wii Wheel, I find its the best way. Its responsive and the easiest way to pull off tricks.

I always used the Wii Wheel, but I also use another character, and who uses automatic mode?!? Sounds like the worst tournament ever.

Character doesn't really matter because all Small/Medium/Large characters play the same as one another, but yeah Wii Wheel and Manual are best IMO.

One of the common complaints about Mario Kart Wii is the issue of cheats and hacked players - according to the UKs Nintendo Service Centre, Nintendo are on the case - it doesn't explain how they do it, but they seem to have a way of issuing bans.

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your enquiry, we actually do ban those users who breach the terms and conditions of the WiFi connection service. Our effort is to create as fair and pleasant environment as possible. This is a “two pronged†approach – we are responding to both reports from users, and placing checks on the infastructure which can detect users who are using those cheats automatically. As you can appreciate, this is quite a vast undertaking and something that will be an ongoing effort for us.

Jonathan

Nintendo Service Centre

So there we have it.

I just got this game today. And even though I believed to be amazing at the others, I'm utter rubbish at this one. Woo.

I don't get how anyone can use the wheel with any comfort.

Concerning the above post, I didn't see anyone hacking the game on my 6 or so online races.

But maybe that was because I was so far behind...

I couldn't use the wheel for shit when i first got the game.. it takes a fair bit of getting used to (not that i'm a pr0 now or anything).

Concerning the above post, I didn't see anyone hacking the game on my 6 or so online races.

But maybe that was because I was so far behind...

That's the reason why you were so far behind. :wink:

Playing MK Wii with the remote + nunchuk, classic controller or Wavebird pales in comparison to using the wheel.

When I use the wheel I tend to drift off the track. Not as accurate as the Wiimote + Nunchuk for me. Call it more engrossing to use the wheel if you want, I just prefer having a better sense of control.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I get tired of leaving races because of hackers :(

I used to use the wheel, but found it quite annoying once the novelty wore off, and now use my cube pad.

I love the wheel now i'm used to it.

I'd definitely recommend persevering with it STOOPID :)

I love the wheel now i'm used to it.

I'd definitely recommend persevering with it STOOPID :)

No no no. While you and others like Retro may take to the wheel like "a duck to water".

I'm more of a duck on fire.

Saying that, I've just stuck in ExciteTruck and considering the only control method is to play with the Wiimote sideways I decided to stick the wheel on.

The game feels even better to handle now! I suggest giving this game a spin with the wheel if you have it.

Maybe this will help with my Mario Kart disability...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but this has just been announced for  the Nvidia Shield in China, which wouldn't be too noteworthy on its own but it is being released with its online functionality in tact despite the original Wii games servers being long switched off. 

Although we're not likely to get the game on Shield over here it bodes well for any future virtual console release being playable online.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 3