NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

How are people liking the current competition?

I'm enjoying it, but finding it pretty difficult to get a decent time. It's just the way that the coins are positioned on the dirt patches, with the ones either side of the main row that makes it annoying. :hmm:

I had a go at the comp on the first day and managed to get 56.7xx I think. It was quite fun, I wouldn't have minded having more time to improve.

I had a go at the comp on the first day and managed to get 56.7xx I think. It was quite fun, I wouldn't have minded having more time to improve.
Yeah I saw your time at the top of the rankings list, impressive. icon14.gif

How did you go about collecting the coins on the dirt patches?

It's a shame you can't view peoples replay data for comps. :hehe:

Hmm, my MK friend code seems to have changed. Must've been when i moved house and used a new connection? I dunno.

Anyway, its been changed on my avatar and is here: 3866-8183-4886

I'll add some of you now.

Yeah I saw your time at the top of the rankings list, impressive. icon14.gif

How did you go about collecting the coins on the dirt patches?

It's a shame you can't view peoples replay data for comps. :hehe:

Through the dirt patches I use mushrooms. I begin the run by going on the far left and collecting the three coins over the jump.

I tried the competition just cause it was availabe, and did terribly...like 5 minutes or something! It was just a muck-about though.

I forgot how fun MK is with a few friends, having not played one with my best mates for like...ever?

So last night we had LOADS of fun...a lot of it tying in with our hum our anyway. Like our story we somehow made up about Birdo being an oil merchant, but not in the way you might think, or something!

Great fun!

---

Also, reading on gamespot all about time trials, and have done (got the expert ghost in) about 8, unlocking Baby Luigi and Funky!

Thanks for the help anyway. :)

Has anyone tried the new competition? I have a 56 seconds plus time.

Top 10 is down at 51 seconds... HOW???

Has anyone tried the new competition? I have a 56 seconds plus time.

Top 10 is down at 51 seconds... HOW???

Yeah I've tried it, only the one attempt though. Will play it again sometime soon hopefully.

The world record times are always crazy. :heh:

There’s a new competition up today, it’s a 3 lap VS race against Dry Bowser on N64 Bowser’s Castle. The twist is that he spits fire balls at you! :eek:

mkcomp.jpg

If you’re behind him, he’ll turn around and fire 3. If you get in front of him, he will start shooting forward! He also uses star power if you get too far ahead, luckily you can also pick up items, including the star. :cool:

I've only managed a time of 3:21 so far. :blank:

That sounds a fun new competition, will have a go at it later.

With it being on one of my favourite tracks, I should get a good time.

With it being on one of my favourite tracks, I should get a good time.
Yeah, I notice you choosing it quite a lot when we play online. :wink: Not to mention racing well on it too.

This competition is kart only though, so that might complicate things slightly. :heh:

Anyway, I've managed to knock my time down to 3:14 now. (still miles off my TT record though) I got really far ahead of Dry Bowser on that attempt and kept it that way for most of the race, but he somehow caught up right near the end to mess things up! :shakehead

Well using Karts didnt help but I got a 3:18. I think I can go a lot quicker though. Got hit by a couple of fireballs on that time.

3'28 is my time. Getting hit quite a few times though. I will keep trying with this though.

This is probably the best competition so far.

We've been online tonight, and had a few races with a chap called Bradley- i bizarely fast racer. He seemed to cd travelling at Bullet Bill speeds constantly, often finishing so far ahead no other racers crossed the line.

Has MK been hacked?

3'28 is my time. Getting hit quite a few times though. I will keep trying with this though.

This is probably the best competition so far.

We've been online tonight, and had a few races with a chap called Bradley- i bizarely fast racer. He seemed to cd travelling at Bullet Bill speeds constantly, often finishing so far ahead no other racers crossed the line.

Has MK been hacked?

It sure has, I told you about how I got lapped on the 2nd lap didn't I?

my best time is still 3'18. Red Shell's time of 3'10 is untouchable.

It seems to be far more frequent, and really spoiling it. I'm assuming Nintendo can't track this hacking and block the users?

They should be having their fricking consoles bricked, this is the type of thing that ruins games.

Woo! 3'09 on the competition and I think I can go faster.
Looks like my time wasn't untouchable after all. :heh:

I've actually managed 3:09 too though, hmm... this could get interesting. :hehe:

Also, last time I checked, the world record was 2:20-something?! That's faster than the TT WR!

God damn hackers. icon13.gif

They should be having their fricking consoles bricked, this is the type of thing that ruins games.

Too right. I used to love MK online and would play for hours everyday with my mates. We never play anymore because hackers were so frequent and so annoying we just gave up. Nintendo should be acting NOW!

Looks like my time wasn't untouchable after all. :heh:

I've actually managed 3:09 too though, hmm... this could get interesting. :hehe:

Down to 3:06 now. I think I was rusty with karts at first. Over to you RedShell :cool:

Zechs, you should play online with us, we have some great races.

Too right. I used to love MK online and would play for hours everyday with my mates. We never play anymore because hackers were so frequent and so annoying we just gave up. Nintendo should be acting NOW!

Is there anything that nintendo can do with its choice of online system?

Is there anything that nintendo can do with its choice of online system?

Yes, block the software on the Wii that allows people to hack it! Homebrew must die!

I don't understand how anyone would get any pleasure from ruining a game through their cheating??

::shrug: Maybe they just get their kicks from being 5 star shithouses.