NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Annoying me. I came 4th in Special Cup on 150cc, in an attempt to unlock Daisy.

I love how I somehow came 3rd on Rainbow Road though, considering I was 12th most of the way.

Let me know when, I'm sure all the regulars will play as well.

Well if you want to arrange a time for the meet, I'll be there!

A Tourney, ..... Sign me Up...... I'll try to check out this topic daily so we can make arrangements!!!

Me too. I'm always up for a bit of karting. I'll get round to adding you all soon i hope :)

I didn't realise that "To get Daisy, win 150cc Special Cup" meant I had to come first...

So annoying.

I'm never going to do well on bloddy rainbow road. I even came third this time. *weeps*

Rainbow Road isn't so bad once you get used to it. It's only the figure-of-8 part in the middle that gets me, i'm not sure of the best way to get through it. Going up the sides seems like it takes longer than just edging through past the holes, but meh. The rest is just a case of powersliding round the corners and hitting as many of the turbos as you can which you'll learn after a few runs.

Rainbow Road isn't so bad once you get used to it. It's only the figure-of-8 part in the middle that gets me, i'm not sure of the best way to get through it. Going up the sides seems like it takes longer than just edging through past the holes, but meh. The rest is just a case of powersliding round the corners and hitting as many of the turbos as you can which you'll learn after a few runs.

Yeah, but I'm really bad on manual, so I always use automatic. Maybe I should just practice with manual.

The figure of 8 one is ok for me, it's usually the first big jumo, on which I do a stunt, but I somehow, in doing so, end up hutling towards earth...

I might just work on manual and do it then.

Yeah, but I'm really bad on manual, so I always use automatic. Maybe I should just practice with manual.

The figure of 8 one is ok for me, it's usually the first big jumo, on which I do a stunt, but I somehow, in doing so, end up hutling towards earth...

Then don't do a stunt! you won't exactly loose much time.

And yeah the figure of 8 is easy. I just say on the left and at ground level [not going up the sides] the whole way. It gives you a nice approach for the corner after the 8.

BTW, If I bought Mario Galaxy tomorrow, and loaded it up, saved blah blah, would Rosalina instantly be unlocked in Mario Kart?

(I assume I'll have done 50 races by now..or at least coming up on it. Unless "races" refers to Vs. races or something...)

how do i unlock my mii character on mario kart

I'm pretty sure you just have to win the special cup on 100cc.

but i have completed 100cc on motorbikes and just unlocked 100cc bikes and karts

but i have completed 100cc on motorbikes and just unlocked 100cc bikes and karts

Well it was a long time ago that I did it, so I had to look that up. Have you got a Mii linked to the file?

COuld everyone in this topic at least have their Mario Kart Code somewhere displayed so we can add one another and kick off some tournaments...

Thank you.

COuld everyone in this topic at least have their Mario Kart Code somewhere displayed so we can add one another and kick off some tournaments...

Thank you.

In the Wii Online Gaming sub-board there are already a couple of Mario Kart threads for organising online games, as well as other threads where friend codes are already posted. Its best if online challenges and that are chiefly talked about in there.

I added darksnowman and Molly to my friends roster, and I've got another few to add still.

Just unlocked Baby Daisy! Attempts to unlocked Daisy herself resulted in me getting SECOND place in the 150cc Special Cup. Great...

Also, how do I get Mirror Mode?

And can someone further explain staff ghosts? I beat them, but it annoyingly doesn't tell me which ones I have and haven't done in the past. Will it just say "Expert Staff Gosts unlocked" after I beat EVERY staff ghost on all races?

And can someone further explain staff ghosts? I beat them, but it annoyingly doesn't tell me which ones I have and haven't done in the past. Will it just say "Expert Staff Gosts unlocked" after I beat EVERY staff ghost on all races?
Ok, so you go into TT mode, and for each course there will be 2 ghosts, a staff ghost [with evil looking staff Mii's!], and a ghost for the fastest time you've done it in.

Just race the staff ghost and if you beat it by enough time, it will say at the bottom of the screen 'expert staff ghost unlocked', this is the 2nd staff ghost for that course.

So now there will be a third ghost to race on that course, the expert staff ghost, and his/her time will be very fast and they will usually be using a kart/bike that you have to unlock at some point.

Does that help?

Ok, so you go into TT mode, and for each course there will be 2 ghosts, a staff ghost [with evil looking staff Mii's!], and a ghost for the fastest time you've done it in.

Just race the staff ghost and if you beat it by enough time, it will say at the bottom of the screen 'expert staff ghost unlocked', this is the 2nd staff ghost for that course.

So now there will be a third ghost to race on that course, the expert staff ghost, and his/her time will be very fast and they will usually be using a kart/bike that you have to unlock at some point.

Does that help?

Ah yes! Thanks. So basically I've not been winnng by enough! :heh:

I'm going to have to get back into this game after exams. I never really got that far. I think I only finished one cup in 150cc before I started playing something else.

I'm too bad to ever be able to unlock any expert staff ghosts, let alone beat them once they're unlocked.

*weeps*

I'm too bad to ever be able to unlock any expert staff ghosts, let alone beat them once they're unlocked.

*weeps*

There are quite a few easy ones in there. Try Waluigi Stadium.

There are quite a few easy ones in there. Try Waluigi Stadium.

Ok, thanks. I will do...

I've beaten a few already, but not by enough, but earlier tonight I was just all over the place! I won none. I think it's cause I'm stil not confident on manual, so I just use Automatic (a disadvantage, as the ghosts are all manual, IIRC?)..

How are people liking the current competition?

I'm enjoying it, but finding it pretty difficult to get a decent time. It's just the way that the coins are positioned on the dirt patches, with the ones either side of the main row that makes it annoying. :hmm: