NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Yep, there's stars. IIRC. I'm pretty sure I've got one or two in the past, and that's how to unlock Baby Daisy, getting stars in all races in 50cc grand prix.

If its the same as Mario Kart DS (and I'm not sure if it is....heck or even if I'm right for that) but its a mixture between lap times, total times and coins.

It goes upto like 3 stars.

Ah here we go.

well done btw :)

but you also need to stay on the track,

not bump into anything,

dont rely on items,

stay 1st place throughout the entire race,

and things like that :)

your ranking is made up with points.

you do something like... go off the track, you lose points.

that one depends on how long you stay off the track for.

might be hard to do that, especially when you got the dweebs hitting you with their shells..

but if you do well, you might even get a THREE star rank :D

That sounds incredibly hard. Possibly not on 50cc though. I'll give it another go eventually.

You don't get coins in the game!!

The star ranks are based on your position and you race time. That is it. Getting stars is very easy on 50cc and 100cc.

After playing the game quite a lot 150cc and Mirror are also pretty easy. Though at first, the apparent randomness makes it feel like pot luck; but they better you get, the more you realise that isn't the case.

I think the game is incredible, and easily deserving the top selling game of 2008! (singe version charts)!!

Yep, there's stars. IIRC. I'm pretty sure I've got one or two in the past, and that's how to unlock Baby Daisy, getting stars in all races in 50cc grand prix.

haha I just looked up what IIRC means, and while I was there QFT and BSG, interesting.

Anyway, there's probably no chance of me ever getting stars after that description ReZ. The lightning and using the Dpad has been useful though, I actually managed to a get a cup on the 100cc special, woop. Oh and I'm only missing two characters Paj.

haha I just looked up what IIRC means, and while I was there QFT and BSG, interesting.

Anyway, there's probably no chance of me ever getting stars after that description ReZ. The lightning and using the Dpad has been useful though, I actually managed to a get a cup on the 100cc special, woop. Oh and I'm only missing two characters Paj.

1 star is easy to get after a while; you may even get some on your first play of a cup.

2 stars can be very tricky on some cups.

I didn't even realise until a while ago that you could get 3 stars; needless to say I havn't got any yet!

1 star is easy to get after a while; you may even get some on your first play of a cup.

2 stars is a bit tricky.

I didn't even realise until a while ago that you could get 3 stars; needless to say I havn't got any yet!

Okies, and when are you told that you got a star?

Its a rank, so instead of A or B it'll be a Star, or two, three etc.

It's your rank at the end of the cup, a *, **, *** will appear instead of it saying Rank: A, B, C...

And you're probably only missing 2 characters of just the current selection.

Do you have 4 rows of characters across and 6 rows down? Then there are an extra 2 on row 7.

It's your rank at the end of the cup, a *, **, *** will appear instead of it saying Rank: A, B, C...

And you're probably only missing 2 characters of just the current selection.

Do you have 4 rows of characters across and 6 rows down? Then there are an extra 2 on row 7.

ahh thanks! Again, it will probably take me some time to achieve those. Not sure about the rows and columns to be honest, I'm sure you're right though.

Are you sure you're only missing two characters? Because after a bit more ? turn up! There's a lot of characters!! How many you got?

It's not that that hard guys! I have a 3 star rating on every single cup. It's just a matter of learning the courses. And it's based solely on time and position, although the time you have to achieve drops with each time you get hit by a super powerup like lightening or a blue shell.

It's not that that hard guys! I have a 3 star rating on every single cup. It's just a matter of learning the courses. And it's based solely on time and position, although the time you have to achieve drops with each time you get hit by a super powerup like lightening or a blue shell.

Ok, I feel inadequate ;) Nah, you're right about the courses, there's also not overcorrecting all the time and banging into walls, heh.

Ok, I feel inadequate ;) Nah, you're right about the courses, there's also not overcorrecting all the time and banging into walls, heh.

Women drivers, eh? :indeed:

You should join in with us when we play online- its good fun playing against people rather than the computer all the time. :hehe:

Women drivers, eh? :indeed:

You should join in with us when we play online- its good fun playing against people rather than the computer all the time. :hehe:

lol, I don't believe we've met, I'm Molly and I'm technologically challenged. But yes, if I ever work out how to do that I would love to play! :)

I'll come and give you some lessons :)

^^haha, I can't get away from innuendo in this place!

Anyway I got a star on the mushroom cup, woo. Also I've just switched to manual and it's creating a world of trouble. Keep wanting to press B to use stuff but then obviously I slide instead, it's all wrong; but the blue sparked power slides will make me faster in the end :heh:

^^haha, I can't get away from innuendo in this place!

Anyway I got a star on the mushroom cup, woo. Also I've just switched to manual and it's creating a world of trouble. Keep wanting to press B to use stuff but then obviously I slide instead, it's all wrong; but the blue sparked power slides will make me faster in the end :heh:

That's the spririt. And getting online is stupidly easy! Have you connected your wii itself online? If not do you have a wireless router in the house?

lol, I don't believe we've met, I'm Molly and I'm technologically challenged. But yes, if I ever work out how to do that I would love to play! :)

You're right*, we haven't met but you're... Molly? I thought you were Leia... Welcome to the "tech-savvy" Wii board! :wink: You need to figure out how to get online with Mario Kart for one simple reason: I need someone else that I can finish ahead of. Simple as that- could you really need any more motivation!?

*Its always a good move to tell a girl she's right, right?

I've not learnt to use manual yet. I got all confused and kept sliding off things.

I will one day.

Just unlocked Dry Bones, yay!

146950.jpeg

Characters I don't have; Dry Bowser, Bowser JR., Mii, Roaslina (she'll be a pain to get without owning Galaxy), Baby Daisy, Daisy, Baby Luigi...think that's it. Is R.O.B in it?

That's the spririt. And getting online is stupidly easy! Have you connected your wii itself online? If not do you have a wireless router in the house?

Done! I've only gone and got myself online, the wii bit was fine actually, fairly idiot proof (lucky for me!).

You need to figure out how to get online with Mario Kart for one simple reason: I need someone else that I can finish ahead of. Simple as that- could you really need any more motivation!?

haha, that sounds like a challenge! If only I was good then I could be confident, it's fine actually; while you're spending time on other games, I'll be there becoming a MK pro! :heh:

Pashmina! I've got dry bones, is he good? I don't like his manner. I unlocked some pink dragon type thing, not very impressive tbh.

So Dazzybee, when's the next 12 player MK session? Can we make one this week, so I can make a rare appearance before I go back to uni?

Pashmina! I've got dry bones, is he good? I don't like his manner. I unlocked some pink dragon type thing, not very impressive tbh.

Not tried Dry Bones yet. I remember I have him on Mario Kart DS and he was ok.

Birdo is the pink dragon. Like the female version of Yoshi, but with a massive hole where her face should be.

She's awesome. She feels like she actually intends to win, by ant means necessary, compared to the sappy Peach/Daisy. :bowdown:

I would be rather up for a massive 12 player/NE game. Paj....you're.....you're online with it?