NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Can you do just 2-4 player multiplayer races offline, or do you always have to have 12 karts join you in a race?

Can you do just 2-4 player multiplayer races offline, or do you always have to have 12 karts join you in a race?

Yeah you can turn off the CPU and have just four humans playing :smile:

You can knock computer karts off in multiplayer options.

Cheers guys!

just one question i tried everything how do you do Stunts with the classic or gamecube controller?

Is this the same with Battle mode or is it doomed to suck offline for the rest of eternity?

Is this the same with Battle mode or is it doomed to suck offline for the rest of eternity?

Yupperdiyup. You can play multiplayer without CPU-opponents offline in battle mode. Or any mode, as a matter a fact.

just one question i tried everything how do you do Stunts with the classic or gamecube controller?

dpad on gamecube controller. assume its the same on classic although personally havn't tried it.

I've played against a few Australians today, they need to play a little more before they play online.

i need more practice. i normally finish in the midtable in races online. i have won one race before. was so excited i jumped up and down a few times before getting owned in the next race.

Played this again today and couldn't understand the fuss with Maple Tree Highway, I don't really think the new tracks are as amazing as they have been made out to be.

I thought Moonview highway was quite good along with the waterway one but other than that for me it was a bit 'meh'.

I think I'll go without, but play it more when a friend is round or I',m round theirs. As good as any MK I guess though.

So I've finally put the Wii Wheel down and am now using the Nunchuk set-up... which isn't quite as fun but it is better to control!

Now I'm between the two on which to use... hmmm...

So I've finally put the Wii Wheel down and am now using the Nunchuk set-up... which isn't quite as fun but it is better to control!

Now I'm between the two on which to use... hmmm...

Think i'll stick with the wheel, kinda like havin the gold wheel online for 100% usage even if i do lose lol.

Like strange cookie said you can turn off the cpu in battle mode...however its still 'team battle' no matter what, rather then good old fashioned free for all. So it kind of screws up playing 3 player battle without the computer on =/

Went up against a nintendo staffer yesterday online among other players

They item raped me to no end. Constantly hit by every item, never able to get my own...hit into lava by items

Came in 8th

;-;

Made it back in 7 matches though lol. Almost at 8800 points..at the point where I lose points for coming in 2nd :s

Slowly working my way through this game (got addicted to Smash Bros. again recently...).

Is it just me or is the world record for DK Mountain a bit weird. It's so much faster than mine, but apart from one shortcut that I don't do I don't see where the 30 seconds faster it is comes from, and it's in a car on automatic.

I saw the roster on Nintendo-Europe the other day, and I have to say:

Baby Daisy = YUCK

Dry Bowser = Stupid

Why didn't they have Petey instead?....A proper character instead of random pantsness (and Toadsworth instead of :shakehead Baby Daisy:shakehead)

The addition of Funky Kong's cool though :D

I'm doing quite well I've got over 6950 points, but don;t you just hate it when people pick free-for-all courses like Luigi circuit? Also blue shell is very sucky.

Oh yea, that can be really annoying, though that usually means it's not much of a challenge to win from them (even on luigi circuit).

Had to play the track 3 times in a row once, cause half the people were selecting it...

Haha just handed it to three americans vs just me.

Balloon fight in Block Plaza: I built a base with a wall of bananas on the red block, and kicked their asses from there. :)

Oh yea, that can be really annoying, though that usually means it's not much of a challenge to win from them (even on luigi circuit).

Had to play the track 3 times in a row once, cause half the people were selecting it...

I prefer long coplex courses, as they tend to allow ffor the decent people to do well. I can't stand for-for-all courses. The worst offenders are Luigi circuit and Shy Guy Beach.

I love DS Peach Gardens, GBA Bowser Castle 3, Rainbow Road, N64 Bowser Castle and GCN Waluigi Stadium. Bowser castle courses are usually my faves, but I was disappointed with the new Bowser Castle, I can't stand the half pipe section.

Last night on N64 Bowser Castle (amazing course) there were two blue shell events in the last ten seconds of the race, I mean talk about over doing it.

Do you ever find you're out in front with a semi-comfortable lead and you're just stressing oabout when that blue shell will show?

Haha just handed it to three americans vs just me.

Balloon fight in Block Plaza: I built a base with a wall of bananas on the red block, and kicked their asses from there. :)

How did you get 3 vs 1 on battle mode?