NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

:lol:

Well Rainbow Road is difficult at first, the amount of times I fell the first couple of times I raced on that track were ridiculous (my first few experiences were online though, with me trying not to lose any speed), but I think it is easier than previous Rainbow Road tracks to get use to and race effectively... providing you don't get killed my numerous items

I don't how many times I have fallen of tracks because of items. POW blocks on Rainbow Road is not fun.

Am I the only one who thinks virtually all the new tracks are brilliant? Way better consistency than any other one - SNES was amazing, but they were insanely samey!

The first time I raced on Rainbow road I thought it was an easy track. I hadn't played it in the GP, I'd won twice out of two times I played on the track. It's really hard not to fall off on that course. There is that hidden corner but it's not that hard to remember it is it?

Hidden corner as in shortcut? Where is it?

I assume he means hidden corner as in that left hand turn that appears after a hill, and thus you plummit straight ahead. But yeah you need to remember it.

Yeah it's not a shortcut per se. It's just a turn on a downward slope, if you aproach from the right it's really hard to see so you carry on going forward, but then you realise and you have to turn right.

I can't believe how this slipped undermy radar. I just thought it was going to be a mediocre new follow-up so I didn't buy it, but I've been playing it at my homeslizzles online and it's been amazingly fun.

...Are you the Almighty God of Gaming, or something?

That seemed uncalled for.

Showing off time

Ranking: 8463

Online wins: 691

Losses: 60

Go Joe...go Joe... :p

I never fall off rainbow road unless i've been pow blocked at a corner...

Showing off time

If you really want to show off - post some of your times in the time trial thread - if your good enough! :heh:

Showing off time

I never fall off rainbow road unless i've been pow blocked at a corner...

Show Off :P

But nice! So when you come second (even in a race of 12 people) do you lose points?

Hhhhmmmm, I'll think about posting my stats... maybe in a couple of weeks

Show Off :P

But nice! So when you come second (even in a race of 12 people) do you lose points?

Hhhhmmmm, I'll think about posting my stats... maybe in a couple of weeks

Depends how well I've done...I've had +0 and -17 but also in my last match I came in second I got +32 so it varies

If you really want to show off - post some of your times in the time trial thread - if your good enough! :heh:

Na I'm good thanks :p

Depends how well I've done...I've had +0 and -17 but also in my last match I came in second I got +32 so it varies

I see, I've always thought that it depends on the points of the others you're playing against too. So at 8,000 points, if you play against a group of people who around the 7,000 point range, then you're more likely to get points even when coming 3rd and 4th than you are if you're playing against people who all have around 5,000 points.

Maybe I'll pay attention to other peoples points and put it to the test.

That also seems valid...but I often play with a range (although I'm usually the only one with a star after my name and over 6500 point wise)

Oh yes, I've seen someone with a star next to their name before, what is that for? And do you drive with the wheel?

I don't drive with the wheel

Star by the name...I think thats obtained when you have at least one star ranking on every cup in every mode...I didn't have much trouble doing that...only got less than a star on my first go on the cups twice out of the 32 cups

Was his name Joe? If so that was me :p

I don't drive with the wheel

Star by the name...I think thats obtained when you have at least one star ranking on every cup in every mode...I didn't have much trouble doing that...only got less than a star on my first go on the cups twice out of the 32 cups

Was his name Joe? If so that was me :p

Lol, I don't remember who it was, but that makes sense as that was the way to obtain the stars by your name in MKDS. Well, thats something I may aswell go for too

im on 7400 now and climbing

hate it when in lead then a blue shell gets you on the line or someone comes and hits you in bullet-form. Been hit on line before now and 7-8 overtook me gah

i use the wheel find it more fun to use that

highest rank ive seen someone have so far online is 9100

So is mission mode in this game or not, I can't find it anywhere.

Exactly...I saw screenshots damnit!

DK snow mountain, Koopas cape, wario mine, coconut mall are the only decent tracks. DAISY CIRCUIT?? YA GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I think there are other decent tracks than those four... I mean, Bowser Castle, Grumble Volcano and Maple Treeway or the obvious ones I instantly think of. However, I think Daisy Circuit is a good one too so our opinions obviously differ.

It's cool how you can recover from a POW by shaking the remote. Really useful to get ahead of all the CPUs in Grand Prix.

Exactly...I saw screenshots damnit!

The screenshots you saw were actually from the Coin Runners Battle Mode

Well I have only done 50cc's on Star or above so I haven't tried it on any 150cc or anything. But it seems easier than before.

I haven't fallen off the hidden corner any more either which is good.