NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

The future is King Boo. He is just the best karter since time.

Cheaty AI has put me off, it wasn't so bad in DD, but if so many are complaining, what's the point?

Iv not even noticed any cheating ai :S How is ai fining items at you cheating anyway?

Just wondering, what characters and vehicles are you all using for (online) races? I usually use...
  • Luigi with Nostalgic
  • Koopa Troopa with Rally Romper
  • King Boo with Offroader

Haven't unlocked all of them, though, so who knows what the future holds...

I usually mix and match who I use in one player and time trial. For online I've used a few different characters but mainly:

Diddy Kong in the blooper kart

Funky Kong on any bike or in any kart

Baby Peach in the first kart

Rosalina in the piranha plant kart

and most recently:

Daisy in the blooper kart.

The cheap AI is something that takes enjoyment out of this, thats true, but I somehow got lucky earlier in the week when I did the 150cc Special Cup- I tried it once and won all four races. I had it won by Rainbow Road, but despite having a complete stinker of a race (got barged off alot) I somehow managed to catch up and win it in the last lap. Got one star for it... three woulda been nice! :indeed:

my copy of Mario Kart has frozen three or four times now, with turning the machine off at the wall the only remedy. Has anyone else encountered this? Whats making it happen- it seems to be everytime i connect to WFC?

really? Its not every time i'm online, just occasionally... No other internet application has any problems.

So...is anyone enjoying this more than Brawl?

Online? Yes.

Offline multi? Not tried it yet.

Single player? No, Brawl's wasn't nearly as tough (in terms of stupid AI.)

Brawl is a better game and so if your connection is good online then it is more fun, even if on MK oline is better implemented.

Brawl is far superiour to Mario Kart Wii - I'll be playing it long after I get tired of MK.

Started mirror mode Grand Prix today, and I'll be concentrating on time trials next. By the way, my online vehicle of choice is my Mii on the Rapide bike.

Brawl is a better game and so if your connection is good online then it is better, even if it is better implemented.

I'm sorry, you don't have the game, right?

I picked this up yesterday for £5 and it's superb :D. Been working my way through 50CC stuff and other bits. Loving the Wii Wheel too.

^ I don't have it but I have played it a lot at a friend's house. So I am justified.

my copy of Mario Kart has frozen three or four times now, with turning the machine off at the wall the only remedy. Has anyone else encountered this? Whats making it happen- it seems to be everytime i connect to WFC?

Happens to me quite regularly , not just on connecting to WFC either. It quite frequently won't boot at all and often needs the Wii to be reset before working.

God, 150cc is pissing me off. I'm right next to the finish line and I get hit by a blue shell then a red shell. GRRRRRR!

I miss a lot of aspects of Double Dash. Mainly the lack of character specific items (there was actually a reason to pick Diddy Kong, his massive banana). But also red shell and blue shell dodging, those were the days...

Oh if anyone's interested, go find a copy of the March 04 edition of NGC magazine, my blue shell dodging tip I sent in was number one that month.

God, 150cc is pissing me off. I'm right next to the finish line and I get hit by a blue shell then a red shell. GRRRRRR!

Alot of people feel your pain.

Just went back to 100cc as I had 3 races that I needed to get a star rank on, nailed all of them and managed to get my first 3 star rank :)

What was the tip?

I've only managed to dodge the blue shell once so far in MK Wii, i used a muchroom when it first started to swoop down after getting above my kart. Not had that scenario since thou :heh:

It happens when you disconnect for whatever reason, bad connection for example. I've seen it happen too once, I was expecting a disconnect, and it seems Mario Kart Wii handles disconnects very poorly..

[..](there was actually a reason to pick Diddy Kong, his massive banana). [..]

Must be me, but I had to laugh at this.

Haven't posted my experiences yet, only that I bought the game, but here it is. It's a very entertaining experience. Online is great, haven't experienced real lag, only when my brother was youtubing videos I got kicked out (I'm using the USB connector on his computer). I wasn't biased for or against the inclusion of bikes, but I'm liking them now, eventhough I'm not using them myself. But it appears they're actually better than karts, or is it me? I love the the trickboosting. I like a lot of the new tracks, and most of the old ones (most of them which are new to me too since I barely remember the SNES & GBA version, never played the DS version, and don't acknowledge the Cube version, which leaves only the 4 N64 tracks I'm familiar with). Of the new ones I love Maple tree, Toad's factory, and Wario's mine. Don't like Moonview highway much, but maybe it'll change when I get to know the track better. Of the retro ones I don't (or barely) know I love the SNES tracks and the Delfino track, and the DS Diddy ehh desert track.

I'm a bit dissappointed with battle mode, but maybe I'll like it more if I play it some more. But I wish they included a FFA and / or 4 player max option(s).

Just one thing I really, really hate.. That thundercloud thing. Aren't items, especially when you're losing, not supposed to help you? Then what good does that thundercloud do? I thought I didn't mind much the lack of option to choose which specific items you want in the game, but I really want to turn that damn thing off.

My mum asked to have a go on the game today, and she hated the wheel and prefered the GC controller like myself, and was doing quite well on 100CC, fair-do's. Had a laugh while she was racing on Moo Moo Meadows, as someone unleashed Blooper's power-up upon her, and she shouted out "Some cow's shat on the screen!". :grin:

DK snow mountain, Koopas cape, wario mine, coconut mall are the only decent tracks. DAISY CIRCUIT?? YA GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

DK snow mountain, Koopas cape, wario mine, coconut mall are the only decent tracks. DAISY CIRCUIT?? YA GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

Rainbow Road is quite good and not so easy to fall off this time round IMO.

The only problem is the hidden turn that I missed twice, once was because of blooper to be fair though.

I can't believe how good the online is in this game. It's so simple and smooth.

If only Smash had it so good...

Rainbow Road is quite good and not so easy to fall off this time round IMO.

The only problem is the hidden turn that I missed twice, once was because of blooper to be fair though.

...Are you the Almighty God of Gaming, or something?