NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Iv got 7700 and when i got second i think i lost 7. Not 100% sure though. I think its got something to do with how many items you used effectively against other opponents as well as your finishing position

I came last once because of a shed load of items sent my way.

Ended up losing 200 points.

I was only at about 6600/6700

Who gives a crap about points? It doesnt determine how good you are, the only thing it can tell you is if you're competent or a complete arse at the game. Or if you spend too much time on it.

I've decided that the new tracks just simply do not hold up to the classics. A few standouts here and there, but overall inconsistent and nothing spectacular.

Compared to the new stages in brawl, this MK doesn't deliver. They probably could have done a bit better with Brawl too...

I love the Maple track by the way, not sure if its so great as far as a well designed etc but visually it's just gorgeous.

Really dont like the Mushroom cave thing... too much potential to go wrong and no way of coming back before the end of the lap. Computer is guaranteed to screw you over a treat.

You know whats fucking difficult? Getting decent times for star ratings.

I mean, its not that its difficult to go fast, its when you get hit by 4 items in a row and end up losing 10 seconds...

You know whats fucking difficult? Getting decent times for star ratings.

I mean, its not that its difficult to go fast, its when you get hit by 4 items in a row and end up losing 10 seconds...

Thats what annoys me. You could be the best Mario Kart player in the world and still not get a star ranking due to the very cheap AI.

I've decided that the new tracks just simply do not hold up to the classics. A few standouts here and there, but overall inconsistent and nothing spectacular.

You now what it is? the crazy layout of them makes any sort of perfect racing impossible and as such they feel less solid than previous versions.

Some of them are pretty fantastic, but playing SNES Mario Circuit 3 made me realise how awesome those old ones were.

you know, for new tracks I actually feel this game does better than any other mk game with exception of the snes version.

I absolutely LOVE all the snes tracks on the game.. the battle track brings back too many good memories. its just a shame they don't have the feather, and the battle arena with the water.

So is the blue shelling worse in this than double dash, because in double dash I could live with it and found that I never lost a 150cc cup, it wasn't difficult.

I like a lot of the new tracks, but I also despise a fair few.

Anyhoo, is it just me or is the ranking-system rather... pointless? Why do you got to have a ranking anyway? I just feels like a prestige-thing to me. For one, I don't care for my ranking or anyone elses. I just play a couple of races each day, purely for fun! yesterday, my session started really bad (again), but I came through eventually. I notice the online community is getting a lot better, though! A week ago, I still had a fighting chance. Now, I usually get trashed. But I like a challenge! :yay:

You werent one of the ones aiming for me were you? :p Everyone seems to do that now lol

They see my star and my high ranknig and they pick on me lol

rating of 7100 now :)

there is plenty of good new courses quite like coconut mall and luigi curcuit

So is the blue shelling worse in this than double dash, because in double dash I could live with it and found that I never lost a 150cc cup, it wasn't difficult.

It's worse because there's 12 players now so an extra 4 players makes it much more likely someone is going to get a blue shell. The problem isn't just blue shelling though, there's also plenty of lightning, pow blocks, bloopers and red shells coming at you too, and sometimes it can all be at once.

Great... It's what puts me off MK.

Is there a tactic in this game whereby you purposfully stop at the first set of boxes and wait for people to overtake, and then you get a star or whatever?

I did this in DD and its always useful to knock over some opponents early and also take any short-cuts etc.

Great... It's what puts me off MK.

Is there a tactic in this game whereby you purposfully stop at the first set of boxes and wait for people to overtake, and then you get a star or whatever?

I did this in DD and its always useful to knock over some opponents early and also take any short-cuts etc.

I've not seen anyone do that. Although once when I was watching a match waiting to join, the Yoshi player was in the lead, I watched him stop, waiting until other players passed him for him to launch a blue shell which then came back and hit the Yoshi player instead.

Mario Kart Wii is no1 in Japan. :)

01./00. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 594,000 / NEW

02./01. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 222,000 / 1,590,000

Mario Kart Wii is no1 in Japan. :)

01./00. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 594,000 / NEW

02./01. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 222,000 / 1,590,000

It seems to be number one everywhere right now - well except America - not out there yet! :heh:

It seems to be number one everywhere right now - well except America - not out there yet! :heh:

NA_USA.gifsimpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

lolzer - Shame it seldom happens.

Why couldnt it happen for more games? I guess Wiiloader is relief.

The hop on a pow doesn't work...I've tried this extensively.

I have to shout wrong at your statement...WRONG!!:grin: I never get hit by the POW block and I'm amazed not many people know this:wtf: You can jump and miss the POW, if your using the wheel just shake it and you'll jump! there done and dusted:yay: