NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

So there is a 7second or a 4seconds gap (discovered at the moment).

So if you beat the staff ghost by 4 and nothing happens...Go for 7?! Sounds like MAJOR hair pulling. 7 seconds is a massive gap when it's milliseconds seperating the best from the rest.

Nah the difference could be milliseconds. Just go to G-Faqs, there is a sticky topic with the times you need to beat. If you dont want to look at them aim for 5 seconds with each race and if it doesnt unlock just keep trying to shave time off where you can.

You dont need to if your registered as friends. Just view everyones there.

Yeah but you can only have 30 friends and not everyone is adding each other. Better to have it as a thread

Wii Wheel:

Good for: Turning, drifting, firing weapons directionally.

Bad for: doing wheelies, doing tricks (especially on the Toadstool Circuit!!) when you have to turn as well as jump!

This game is fucking awesome off and online.

Wii Wheel isn't that great for drifting imo, its just... inprecise.

GC Pad all the way here.

I haven't tried any other methods except using the wheel!! I thought everyone would be using the wheel to be honest.

Edge has made one of my friends vow to never play it ¬¬

Got the issue yday and to be honest it is hard to argue with some of their points...You could change the score to either 7 or 8 and the words would still make sense...It does show the arbritary nature of review scores.

I just got 2 points less than I had done on a previous try of the special cup on 150CC yet I managed to get a star and unlock another kart.

I don't understand it.

I just got 2 points less than I had done on a previous try of the special cup on 150CC yet I managed to get a star and unlock another kart.

I don't understand it.

crazy........

Was just having an amazing grand prix with Coolness, Cookyman and Joao(not sure who he is :)), I can't believe I won!! Was so good, and then I thought I had to go sort out something for my mum because her car broke down. Turns out she needs fuel the silly moo.

Sorry for disconnecting fellas :)

This game is so good! Unlocking everything will take forever =/

Ok so I tried the wii mote + nunchuck controls. Piss easy really. But I still prefer the wheel just adds a bit more of a challenge to it for me at the moment but I think online if you ever wanna get anywhere it's gotta be wii mote + nunchuck.

GC / Nunchuk controls are alot more accurate and lend more to better times.

But why play for times when the wheel is so much more fun?:smile:

*this post was my opinion. If you do not agree, do not flame ;-;

I don't understand it.

I think the rating system is based on a few things. I know that one of them is definitely your times. It might be that by itself entirely actually.

I think the rating system is based on a few things. I know that one of them is definitely your times. It might be that by itself entirely actually.

yeah on the GBA version it was ALL about times.

I don't understand the online points system! :)

Yesterday i came first and got +85 but the person who came 2nd got +124?

I'm confused...? :wtf:

I don't understand the online points system! :)

Yesterday i came first and got +85 but the person who came 2nd got +124?

I'm confused...? :wtf:

I think its based on your points total and also the people you are facing. So if you're with a group of people who have a high amount of points relative to yours then you'll get a high amount of points, even when coming 2nd.

The Wii wheel takes practice. I used to be at 4600 points when I first played, now after training and beating 3 engine classes I have over 6000 points, hardly ever finish in the second half of the field.

It's like Wii Bowling, the more points you have the harder it is to get more points

I've seen people come in second and lose points...I'm not that far off getting that treatment either

Thanks Guys! I understand the points system now! : peace:

I have about 6100 as i keep losing games the past two days i was on 6400 and something on Sunday!!!

I've seen people come in second and lose points...I'm not that far off getting that treatment either

How many points do you have Serebii? :D

Thanks Guys! I understand the points system now! : peace:

I have about 6100 as i keep losing games the past two days i was on 6400 and something on Sunday!!!

How many points do you have Serebii? :D

Only 6900...but I havent actually played much online...just had loads of 12 person matches that bumped my score up when I kicked all their asses :D