NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Just 3 time trial ghosts to unlock now, Yoshi Falls, Peach Gardens and Waluigi Stadium all of which I hate.

Just 3 time trial ghosts to unlock now, Yoshi Falls, Peach Gardens and Waluigi Stadium all of which I hate.

You're right about the tracks.. although Waluigi Stadium isn't too bad (being one of the better Double Dash tracks.. though that isn't saying much I guess..)

..and man.. speaking of Waluigi Stadium, how many of you turn one of the corners near the end of the track (just after one of the jumps) and end up in the slow muck every single time? ..no matter how I take the corner, I always find myself slugging through it.. maybe I'm gonna have to start making use of that jump :heh:

You're right about the tracks.. although Waluigi Stadium isn't too bad (being one of the better Double Dash tracks.. though that isn't saying much I guess..)

..and man.. speaking of Waluigi Stadium, how many of you turn one of the corners near the end of the track (just after one of the jumps) and end up in the slow muck every single time? ..no matter how I take the corner, I always find myself slugging through it.. maybe I'm gonna have to start making use of that jump :heh:

Yup I do it aswell. If I use the jump on the side I dont hit the mud but it costs too much time in TT mode, even if I do a trick to get a boost.

Rainbow raod online owns. People struggle so much :)

The thing is it actually isn't that hard...but the overkill of items sometimes makes it feel so much harder.

Rainbow raod online owns. People struggle so much :)

..I find that if you manage to get yourself out of the pack at the start, you're well placed to have a good crack at finishing the race in first..

If you get caught up in the crowd, you get barged off the track, bullet billed, starred, shelled.. the key is to make it through the opening moments of the race (as can be the case with most tracks..)

I do enjoy drifiting round the edgeless rainbow road though :heh:

Yeah if you keep it cool and dont over boost etc its fairly easy

Anyone having trouble with boosting at the start: press and hold go when the camera guy puts his finger up after the second light. If anyone understands that. I know a few people have had trouble with it, myself included, so yeah (Y)

I lovethe new Rainbow Road track it's my favourite one out of all the mario karts, because for once i can actually do it! :heh: Although i wasn't bad at the DS one either.

The annoying thing is sometimes i do fall off right at the start (or get bumped off) which leaves me in a bit of a mess for the rest of the race. :)

Yeah if you keep it cool and dont over boost etc its fairly easy

Anyone having trouble with boosting at the start: press and hold go when the camera guy puts his finger up after the second light. If anyone understands that. I know a few people have had trouble with it, myself included, so yeah (Y)

I haven't had a problem.. it is the same as the DS version:

3... 2..nyyeerrrnnnn. 1... GO!

Totally nailed Waluigi Stadium just now, hit a wall but still owned the TT. Two to go...

I was doing the Shy Guy beach TT today and was trying to beat the time when I realised I was racing Tales ghost. Guess I selected the wrong thing :)

I haven't had a problem.. it is the same as the DS version:

3... 2..nyyeerrrnnnn. 1... GO!

The last one i played was Mario Kart 64 and im sure thats different to the Wii one.

Anyone know what the gold wheel with the star is online?

have started over. on the last course of a cup i was knocked from 1 place to 12'th place in a matter of 10 seconds.. last lap.. disgusted i turned it off

WOOHOO! All expert staff ghosts unlocked! Im never touching TT mode again. Those who have my FC feel free to nick my ghosts if you need some tips on unlocking the expert ghosts.

The AI is beginning to piss me off now. I was on Delfino Square yesterday. I was 2nd, just behind Waluigi. It was the corner before the drawbridge, with the water on the side. I get caught up in the explosion of a blue shell. Just as I accelerate again, Peach knocks into me and gives me a thundercloud. Then, about 5 racers all manage to collide with me and shove me into the water. Wasn't the happiest of chappies. :shakehead

Hitting a wall is too costly on this game. It knocks you back really far, especially at speed. I lose about 2 places each time I hit a wall. Furthermore, the Chain Chomp on the new Mario Circuit is bollocks.

Still managing to do well online though. :D

Furthermore, the Chain Chomp on the new Mario Circuit is bollocks.

I hate it so damn much!

6900, but I think I have lost over 700 points because of disconnecting.

Yours were hard. I have only tried the SNES track so far and I have to admit I can't beat you there. I'm horrible at manual drift so I have no chance. Tried using a faster bike, but powerslide is too important in that track.

Damn the bikes take a bit of getting used to. Also, I'm glad that the single player is harder than DD, it's actually rewarding rather than a gentle (yet necessary) stroll through the park.

Just got Rosalina's Star Bike and that thing turns like a WHALE!

I've figured out how to get out of the POW quicker. Dunno if it's already known but I just did it twice and I was like awesome.

Just played it for the first time and love the game and the wheel. Can't imagine playing it with anything but the wheel, so easy to use. I'm gonna be spending so much time online.

One question tho, how do you jump? or can you not?

LOVE IT.

You jump when you start to drift...

I now know the answer. I was using automatic thingy which doesnt let you jump. :p