NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

To get Stars you have to try and win every race ( 60 points ), dont fall off the track, finish the races as fast as possible and use as few items as possible. I was wondering the same thing and thats the answer I got from G-Faqs.

As for the Time Trials I dont really know why they are using that character, maybe he handles well for them? I have only unlocked about 9 expert ghosts so it would be best to ask Cookyman as he seems to be putting alot more time into the Time Trials

Ta for the response chief. Seems to be a combination of all those things. However, i finished a cup on 57 points and still got a single star rating. I'm sure we'll figure it out :)

CHeck out my attachement please guys, can anyone tell me what bike that is so I can get to work on unlocking it? I'm a bit of a time trial buff :P

jaysus... Nintendo need to learn about "recovery time".. getting hit by a blue shell, a red shell, lightning and Ink.. all inside of 5 seconds isnt my idea of fun

and it wasnt even online

jaysus... Nintendo need to learn about "recovery time".. getting hit by a blue shell, a red shell, lightning and Ink.. all inside of 5 seconds isnt my idea of fun

and it wasnt even online

yeah its true you can be winning by a mile and then get hit by a double or even triple whammy and then end up with finishing well done.

Stunts also help to add to your score

I'm trying to work out a quick way to recover the POW Block...many computer players seem to recover in half the time it takes me...any ideas?

CHeck out my attachement please guys, can anyone tell me what bike that is so I can get to work on unlocking it? I'm a bit of a time trial buff :P

Yer, I was checking the time trial boards last night - it's not just luigi circuit but on lot of tracks the number 1's are using funky and that bike. We really need to know what it is!

just a stupid question... how do you wheelie with the GC controller.. i can't find it anywhere in the manual.. and I have looked twice!!

and check gamefaqs.com for how to unlock that bike.. don't know what its called though.. so just unlock the lot.. he he

Stunts also help to add to your score

I'm trying to work out a quick way to recover the POW Block...many computer players seem to recover in half the time it takes me...any ideas?

Jerk the wheel upwards, like you do for a stunt, on the third hit of the POW block. You'll spin in the air, but then carry straight on drivnig if you do it right.

just a stupid question... how do you wheelie with the GC controller.. i can't find it anywhere in the manual.. and I have looked twice!!

Press Up on the D-pad , down to cancel.

I was using the GC controller but just found that using the d-pad for stunts and such was just a bit too awkward , so I am trying to adapt to the Wii-mote and nunchuk method. The wheel and manual drifting was not coming easily to me either. Damn this game and my ineptitude.

I was using the GC controller but just found that using the d-pad for stunts and such was just a bit too awkward , so I am trying to adapt to the Wii-mote and nunchuk method. The wheel and manual drifting was not coming easily to me either. Damn this game and my ineptitude.

I'm the same...automatic drifting is guff so for me the wheel doesn't really cut it as it doesn't feel right with manual drifting.

Finally plucked up the courage to go online last night, my mii was iggy, Amazing!!!! Lag free, seamless & so much better than playing the single player main game (no cheating AI hitting you with 2 blue shells, a red one, lightning & a bullet bill all within a few seconds) Gonna leave my Wii & MK codes in the relevant threads if anybody wants to add me.

To anyone still on the fence over this game, get off the damn fence, buy it, it's worth every penny.

Ta for the response chief. Seems to be a combination of all those things. However, i finished a cup on 57 points and still got a single star rating. I'm sure we'll figure it out :)

Torpedo (large bike) Unlock 12 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

I think.

Anyone else noticed that sometimes your bike/car just seems to stop for a little time - as if you stopped pressing the speed button. I am not sure what this could be ... maybe my Wiimote is broken or something. It really happens on a regular base - I am driving and suddenly I nearly stop as if I "forgot" to press A.

Anyone else noticed that sometimes your bike/car just seems to stop for a little time - as if you stopped pressing the speed button. I am not sure what this could be ... maybe my Wiimote is broken or something. It really happens on a regular base - I am driving and suddenly I nearly stop as if I "forgot" to press A.

Check that ur not sub-conciously letting go of the button. I found i did this alot in MK:DS. Sometimes I would just relax a little too much and found that I wasn't actually pressing the button in... Could that be the problem? Or are you absolutely sure of yourself :)?

I haven't ever had any drop-out problems with my wii-mote, and I imagine if i did a pop-up would display telling me that my wii-mote was not being detected...

I guess there could potentially be a problem with ur A button... but I would say that you are just tripping out a little bit. Stay focused!!

Torpedo (large bike) Unlock 12 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials

I think.

I've done that, and no... definately different :S

I didn't play a lot nor did I try online yet, so I'll see if I add people today. I didn't even get time to play Brawl online :/

Didn't try the GC controller yet, what's wrong with it? Not that it matters, cause I use the wheel.

Is it me, or are 3 Stars harder to get in this than on the DS version? I can just manage 2 Stars on the 50cc cups.

Still loving the game though, I've unlocked more characters and they just keep coming.

Havnt even got a Star rank yet lol. Im definitely gonna try those GFQ tips to do this though! Little items as poss eh? Should you just avoid the boxes, or get one and dont use.

Probably wait til you get triple bananas in a box and then just hold it out as best as possible.

my bro was rank number 6 in the world on snes ghost last night, :) i cant quite get in, i can make under a minute but not the 55 seconds that the champ has atm

game is outstanding, flawless aprt from 1 little thing the lack of the cups in multiplayer, but the amazing online more than makes up for this:)

thanks ninendo wahoo

Well I sadly have no money at the moment but my girlfriends little brother wanted it so we went to town on friday morning at about 9am, straight into woolworths and it was on a stand by the door. Took it to the counter and the woman went and get it no problems, said we were the first to buy it! (I asked if that meant we got a prize but she sadly said no)

So I've basically spent the weekend playing it, havent unlocked much as its not technically my game. Also really annoyed that I won't be able to buy it for myself until the summer, hopefully you will all add my friend code then when I get it... but it's brilliant fun

I use the Wiimote most I think, I find the Wheel annoying and it tends to send me the wrong way on powerslides at very important moments. Also tried the GC controller but tricking and wheelies are much too difficult to pull off on it.

Also tried online with a friend, and although we generally placed in the middle of the pack in races it was just so so much better than playing single player, human players are simply brilliant. As well as that, although Nintendo truly screwed up the Battle mode for 4players on one console, the online option is absolutely fantastic. Team play is brilliant and really makes you feel a lot closer to people even when they are in Switzerland. And you're also not relying on random computer AI for once, you're relying on actual people.

Best online game for Wii by far, and just really good fun to play. Loving the new tracks as well - Coconut Mall FTW!

cheers.. my wii-mote is "screwed up" so Im not using it as controller before I get a new one

Check that ur not sub-conciously letting go of the button. I found i did this alot in MK:DS. Sometimes I would just relax a little too much and found that I wasn't actually pressing the button in... Could that be the problem? Or are you absolutely sure of yourself :)?

I haven't ever had any drop-out problems with my wii-mote, and I imagine if i did a pop-up would display telling me that my wii-mote was not being detected...

I guess there could potentially be a problem with ur A button... but I would say that you are just tripping out a little bit. Stay focused!!

I've done that, and no... definately different :S

I just raced a few more laps to check but I don't think it is me stopping to press A button. I guess it is my Wiimote since it does not happen with the other one so far. Anyone knows if I can return them to get a new one? It is my launch Wiimote ...

Just 2 people before me on Peach CastleGarden (Nintendo Developer and some crazy japanese Chick). Mach Bike rocks :-)

Well I'm about to get back to it...gotta get some of the single player done, hardly played any of it...

Gonna try and learn to use a bigger character. I usually use the smaller characters and thats fine for single player but online just get pushed around too much...although does make it more satisfying when you win!

Maybe a stupid question but how do you unlock expert staff ghosts? I've played normal ones, but how do I get these so-called expert ones?

Its just a case of beating the regular ones by a decent amount I think. Thats what I've found so far but there may be more to it.

After playing this offline I was of the opinion that the wheel is decent

After playing this online I think otherwise...

I won some matches to begin with but mostly I've just ended up making silly mistakes near edges... >>

Is it just me? or is the motion control a bit "off"? or a combination of the two?

Which is better in your opinion? wheel or pad?

As atm I'm undecided again :/

*tries it with a pad*