NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Well, if playing online has proved one point, it's that I'm pretty the average Joe. Never first, never last, always somewhere in the middle. But, hotdamn, is it fun! :grin:

I guess I've been playing with the wheel too much. It now feels odd to go back to an analogue stick. Years of training, down the drain. Thank you, Nintendo.

Loving the music, by the way!

And a little something for the Dutch-speaking gamers here: in the intro, when Mario and Luigi are 'rubbing shoulders' and Mario speeds from right to left across the screen, yelling "Let's-a go!", doesn't it seems he's screaming "Sukkel!" to Luigi? :wink: I know it's all just in my (sick) imagination, but ever since my girlfriend pointed that out, it's all I can hear.

Then again, When I kill an enemy in No More Heroes, I could swear they yell "Comb your hair!" :heh:

I guess I've been playing with the wheel too much. It now feels odd to go back to an analogue stick. Years of training, donw the drain. Thank you, Nintendo.

I had a quick go on MKDS & tried flipping the ds off a jump to do a stunt DOH!!!

im lovin it! not normaly an online guy, but its so much fun.

whuped all competition on the new bowsers castle, outher then that im usualy 2nd-5th, which is good.

was using the gc remote, but its a pain for stunts. the wheel is a little small, so i find weapons difficult, a golden mushroom means i have the turning circle of a super tanker, usin the nunchuk is the best for me, all opions easy to carry out.

I tried the 100cc cup and although its not hard I just dont like using the bikes. I may skip it and head to 150cc.

I was doing the 100CC yesterday. I was getting annoyed. I could be in first for the entire race then at once I'm annihilated by 17 fucking blue shells and I manage to come in 2nd or 3rd due to some fighting back.

Then I realised that the heavy weights bike, the first one, is nearly the same as the light weight bike but it's heavier.

I love Toad and Koopa and I thought I'd always use them but I used DK for the last 2 cups on the top row and got 60 points.

All is good I can play as Mii now =)

I guess I've been playing with the wheel too much. It now feels odd to go back to an analogue stick. Years of training, donw the drain. Thank you, Nintendo.

I know exactly what you mean - tried an old GC controller out earlier to see what the difference was - was very responsive but I too am just far too used to the wheel already! So I've gone back to it! Curse Nintendo for their innovative ways, I'll never be able to race on any other console ever again!

They've neutered the Cube controller with MKWii, I looked in the manual and saw that drift is Y/X and items are on L/R. But I'm more than happy with the Wheel. ;)

uh, i just unlocked a kart for winning 50 Wifi matches. I've actually won like, 4, but okay then!

i got the same, but it said id won 500 online wifi matches in the messege, i have a pic of this, is it just my game? or does everyone get this lol

Its the number of people I think, as someone mentioned. But don't feel as though you're ignorant.

Jk

Number of people you beat. Not races won.

I'm forcing myself to play through each cup from 50 - 150 cc as i have with all other MK games, regardless of bikes.

I'm having more fun than i thought i would with this game, i was expecting to be disappointed though so i'm not sure if that says much. . .

Least this is better than Double Dash . . .MK DS still is the best MK ever ever ever.

Well I'm getting into it...50cc as usual is pretty boring and slow, but online so far has been fun...I'm going to safe my impressions to later on... but my friend code is;

2578 3297 6149

So add me and PM me if you add me...Also will put this on the online boards.

They've neutered the Cube controller with MKWii, I looked in the manual and saw that drift is Y/X and items are on L/R. But I'm more than happy with the Wheel. ;)

That's not right.

I've been using R for drifting and L for Items. It's so much easier. The only thing is the tricks are on the d-pad. This is only bad on mushroom gorge when you're bouncing around.

Just a few things:

I've come to the conclusion that your Mii sounds like Hard Gay.

And 150CC is a bitch.

So how common are blue shells in this game? i remember the problem with MKDS being that there would be 2-3 every race lol, whereas on the 64 it was far less common.

So how common are blue shells in this game? i remember the problem with MKDS being that there would be 2-3 every race lol, whereas on the 64 it was far less common.

Seem more common with the cheap AI in single player than they do online.

This is so much fun :)

I traded in Tiger Woods and Sonic at GAME and got Mario Kart for free plus £7.50 on a gift card. Bargain! :yay:

One thing I can't work out - there seems to be loads of shortcuts and ramps that are across 'rough ground'. How do I get to them without slowing down to a snails pace? I mean things like the ramp before the last turn on Luigi Circuit for example. I see the ghost lap driver do it, but can't do it myself!

I still don't like using the wheel, although I haven't given it much of a chance. I find the Nunchuk the best option, for me, so far. GameCube would be the best apart from having to use the D-pad for tricks.

I'm just trying to work my way through all the cups. 50cc is slow and rather boring. Haven't had much of a chance to play through 100cc and 150cc.

Need to get some online games under my belt though.

Seem more common with the cheap AI in single player than they do online.

Ah, so they haven't fixed the AI yet...Makes you wonder because there hasnt been 1 mario kart with good AI.

OK SO HERE IT IS I CAVED IN AND BOUGHT THIS GAME!

traded in a game, got £18 so only ended up paying £16.99 (bargain at gamestation £34.99 they had a ton in stock)

If anyone has my Wii Code send me a wii message with your Mario Kart Number so I can add you. I will post my number when I get it!

I was really pleased it was only £34.99 in Gamestation I thought it would have been £39.99 but I didn't bother asking when I pre-ordered. Did you get a free Mario Kart DS toy too? I got a Yoshi one it's cool.

I was really pleased it was only £34.99 in Gamestation I thought it would have been £39.99 but I didn't bother asking when I pre-ordered. Did you get a free Mario Kart DS toy too? I got a Yoshi one it's cool.

No but didn't preorder so could explain it...

This is so much fun :)

I traded in Tiger Woods and Sonic at GAME and got Mario Kart for free plus £7.50 on a gift card. Bargain! :yay:

One thing I can't work out - there seems to be loads of shortcuts and ramps that are across 'rough ground'. How do I get to them without slowing down to a snails pace? I mean things like the ramp before the last turn on Luigi Circuit for example. I see the ghost lap driver do it, but can't do it myself!

Use a mushroom!

I noticed in the 150CC GP the statues that are in some of the courses, eg: DK's Snowboard one, that statue of Mario, it had changed to a Mii.

The dancing statues on I don't remember which but there's two of them, they changed to some Miis.

Really nice touch this.

Use a mushroom!

Do a barrel roll!

Haha, has anyone noticed the music when you are just in the MK Channel? Before you view your friends or anything, that kinda jazzy tune? It reminds me of SimCity! :P

So far, so good. Have completed all cups on 50cc & 100cc, and have chalked up 97 wins and 50 losses online. I didn't think I'd use the wheel at all bar the first 10 minutes of gameplay, but my wheel usage rate is 100%. I guess it's partly down to the way Nintendo buggered up the GC controls.

My tip for those struggling with 100cc - during the later cups, use a bike with better handling, especially if you're using the wheel. Some of the corners on Rainbow Road are far too unforgiving if you're going round in a bike that's all about speed.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the Miis would have been better without any voice acting?