NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I was just trying to join that game and I couldn't join in. I was sad.

I was just trying to join that game and I couldn't join in. I was sad.

I think we were either playing or we had a full game.

I think we were either playing or we had a full game.

Full game. The start of a race is hilarious with everyone grouped together and items firing all over the place. Good Times!

OMG OMG OMG After just a few minutes

My son (3 and a half years old) is really getting the hang of Mario Kart Wii and it makes me proud beyond my imagination!

just look at my sweetly here:

MKW_Dennis_Go_Go_my_Dear.jpg

MKW_Dennis_Steering.jpg

MKW_Dennis_Almost_There.jpg

MKW_Dennis_Final_Lap.jpg

MKW_Dennis.jpg

Proud? The kids hitting a wheel in one and can't get off the grass in the other two! He needs more practice...... ;) Only joking of course, very cute!!!

PS I love this game! Can't elaborate as I want to play it as much as poss before a eff off too Iceland tomorrow :(

PPS How have some people played online matches in the hundreds already!?!??! Insanity!!!

PPS How have some people played online matches in the hundreds already!?!??! Insanity!!!

Because everybody here is very dedicated and really cool.

I counts how many opponents you beat, not actual victories.

Anyone else love the new Rainbow Road? I see its getting alot of hate on other forums and I dont see why.

Anyone else love the new Rainbow Road? I see its getting alot of hate on other forums and I dont see why.

I haven't yet raced on it, but my favourite is Maple Raceway. :)

It's a hell of a hard course at first cause you fly off all the time, once you get practice it's much better. Love how it's MG themed.

I like the new Rainbow Road. I did it online in mirror mode and still did well at it- I didn't even notice til after the big bit where you can jump up each side that it was mirror mode. I think I did decent on it cos I haven't played it enough in non-mirror mode to have it memorised.

I'm yet to even do all the cups in 50cc so I'm gonna do that now while testing out a new character I unknowingly unlocked.

Bit concerned that on occassion when trying to boot it up I get disk read errors

Ironic...dont get it for Brawl but do for this lol

Hmm. Heard loads of complaints about Wiis not reading Brawl but only one about MK. Bad luck i guess

Ok I have to admit, this is better than I expected. I played it at my mates house earlier, the bikes aren't as bad as I thought, in fact they seemed pretty identical to the karts as far as I could tell in just picking up a pad and working out the controls by trial and error. The wheel was pretty fun too, made me want to play Excite Truck again. Handling was really good, and the feeling of seeing something coming up right in front of you and spinning your arms to get out the way is awesome. Some of the vehicles and a VERY large turning curcle though :blank:

My friend hadn't unlocked the star or special cups, or any of the new racers either, so I still haven't played the more advanced tracks etc. Can't decide whether to buy it or not now, I know I'll enjoy it if I do but dunno if I really want to spend £40 on it.

MKW_Dennis_Go_Go_my_Dear.jpg

Much respect to the trainset down there :yay: I had one exactly like that when I was young.

I have a question for all you wonderful wheel users: do you use B to powerslide or do you use 1+2? I found it difficult to use B and then do the items with the d-pad so I tried out using 1+2 and I've stuck with that all day. I've even forgot the B button is there! So what about everyone else?

I think it would be cool if you could change the buttons so that B would be like the Z trigger and you could use it for weapons, hmm.

Do we not have a MK Wii friend code thread yet? Would be a good idea.

edit - nevermind, i'm a retard and didn't see the thread in the online forum.

I have a question for all you wonderful wheel users: do you use B to powerslide or do you use 1+2?

I have been using B , but I am really struggling with the wheel and manual drifting , so much so , that I even ended up going with the GC controller earlier. Didn't help much , Tales was still annihilating me (and pretty much everyone else in the room).

I really need to get practising as major suckage seems to be a regular occurance for me :shakehead

Bit concerned that on occassion when trying to boot it up I get disk read errors

Ironic...dont get it for Brawl but do for this lol

My game has frozen a few times while on searching for players on wi-fi, also I had the black screen with the error message but all I did was load the game up again and it worked.

Only thing that could be improved with this game is allowing more than 30 FC and maybe sound. Star cup is amazing

I didn't really like this at first, but I'm definitely warming to it now, especially after playing a few online matches earlier (the one with all the N-Europe members was great! :D). I've done all the cups on 50cc now, and in the middle of doing 100cc. Standout tracks - definitely the Maple and Koopa Trooper levels, though in general I haven't been that impressed with the new levels. Still not as good as the DS version, but nevertheless, a good game, and enough to temporarily distract me from Brawl.

I have a question for all you wonderful wheel users: do you use B to powerslide or do you use 1+2? I found it difficult to use B and then do the items with the d-pad so I tried out using 1+2 and I've stuck with that all day. I've even forgot the B button is there! So what about everyone else?

I think it would be cool if you could change the buttons so that B would be like the Z trigger and you could use it for weapons, hmm.

I don't even use manual. Automatic works fine for me. Yes, you can play seriously with auto drift and wii wheel. Would have over 7500 points by now if the router had just been working properly.

You get one win for everyone below you and one loss for everyone above you. So if you are 6th in a 11 player match, you get 5 losses and 5 wins.